Last I Saw, Jake Doesn't Play Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last I Saw, Jake Doesn't Play Defense

Some of you on these boards are completely asinine. Saying the Broncos are where they are because of Jake Plummer is ridiculous. Now I'm not going to defend every thing Jake has done because some things were pretty stupid. But, it is not Plummer's fault when the defense cannot stop the run. It is not Plummer's fault when the special teams give up a touchdown on the opening kickoff. Some of those interceptions are deflections off his own recievers' hands. Is Jake the one catching the ball? No. There was someone on 850 KOA after the game today who said that Jake Plummer is the reason the Broncos are 8-6, even though the host of the post game show gave him a plateful of his ass with all the trimmings. Eventually the caller was arguing the host's argument and didn't even realize it. Another guy was asking why don't they play Van Pelt. Idiots. Some people coming on here with names such as "plummersucks" and "fireshanny", I pose this question to you - who in the hell do you want to replace them? I can guarantee you that for damn sure there isn't a coach in the NFL better than Shanahan. If Shanahan were fired, other teams would pull a Notre Dame and fire there coaches just to get him. I don't even know where you would look for another QB. Fat chance in hell Drew Brees is available, and he has only had one good year. Drafting a QB will just give you a 4-12 team for the next few years. Would you rather be in the playoff hunt or 4-12? Give me a break. John Elway is not coming back. Realize that there will never be another QB like John Elway to come through Denver. Any QB that plays for the Broncos is going to be under so much damn pressure by some of you still wanting to ride John Elway's **** that you run the guy out of town. It already happened with Brian Griese. 2 years with the Broncos should not be enough for one to pose judgment on whether or not a player is any good. Jake Plummer took the Broncos to the playoffs IN HIS FIRST YEAR WITH THE TEAM! He is 17-8 as a starter with Denver! I know we all want the Broncos to do well, but some of you just don't give them a chance. So get off Plummer's back. The players in that locker room certainly would like you to.
    My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Originally posted by BroncosB2B
    Some of you on these boards are completely asinine. Saying the Broncos are where they are because of Jake Plummer is ridiculous. Now I'm not going to defend every thing Jake has done because some things were pretty stupid. But, it is not Plummer's fault when the defense cannot stop the run. It is not Plummer's fault when the special teams give up a touchdown on the opening kickoff. Some of those interceptions are deflections off his own recievers' hands. Is Jake the one catching the ball? No. There was someone on 850 KOA after the game today who said that Jake Plummer is the reason the Broncos are 8-6, even though the host of the post game show gave him a plateful of his ass with all the trimmings. Eventually the caller was arguing the host's argument and didn't even realize it. Another guy was asking why don't they play Van Pelt. Idiots. Some people coming on here with names such as "plummersucks" and "fireshanny", I pose this question to you - who in the hell do you want to replace them? I can guarantee you that for damn sure there isn't a coach in the NFL better than Shanahan. If Shanahan were fired, other teams would pull a Notre Dame and fire there coaches just to get him. I don't even know where you would look for another QB. Fat chance in hell Drew Brees is available, and he has only had one good year. Drafting a QB will just give you a 4-12 team for the next few years. Would you rather be in the playoff hunt or 4-12? Give me a break. John Elway is not coming back. Realize that there will never be another QB like John Elway to come through Denver. Any QB that plays for the Broncos is going to be under so much damn pressure by some of you still wanting to ride John Elway's **** that you run the guy out of town. It already happened with Brian Griese. 2 years with the Broncos should not be enough for one to pose judgment on whether or not a player is any good. Jake Plummer took the Broncos to the playoffs IN HIS FIRST YEAR WITH THE TEAM! He is 17-8 as a starter with Denver! I know we all want the Broncos to do well, but some of you just don't give them a chance. So get off Plummer's back. The players in that locker room certainly would like you to.
    I just scanned your post and want to touch on two items:

"But, it is not Plummer's fault when the defense cannot stop the run." No, Jake doesn't play defense. But the Chiefs still have one of the most potent offenses in the league and for us to have had a chance, our offense needed to try to keep up. Jake sure didn't help us in that regard. Like it or not, Jake was a big part of this loss.

"Jake Plummer took the Broncos to the playoffs IN HIS FIRST YEAR WITH THE TEAM! He is 17-8 as a starter with Denver!" He's only 8-6 this year as a starter which ain't so good. Why has he regressed from last year? His decision-making looks like he's back in Arizona.

Listen, I like Jake and I'll still hold out hope that he'll get his act together. But he's leading the league in interceptions and that's just not right. Something has to give.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Are you for real? When you throw INTs you give the opposing team more chances to score. The defense can only stop them so much.
      Superbowl 50 Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by JrtheFreak
        Are you for real? When you throw INTs you give the opposing team more chances to score. The defense can only stop them so much.
        I hope you're not referring to me. I just said that I think Jake is a big part of our problem.
        ------

Comment

you should not give up 45 points
          My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

Yea but our defense got royal beat today, there was no chance...... also there were a lot of costly penalties..
            PS2 Madden Online name: xKeldawgx

Comment

If you weren't forced to throw 90% of the time, you wouldn't get as many INT.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jbradley1989
                If you weren't forced to throw 90% of the time, you wouldn't get as many INT.
                The Broncos are about 50/50 is passing to running plays for the season. So, how does your theory explain Jake leading the league in interceptions?
                ------

Comment

One key thing that nobody has mentioned on this board (atleast I could not find it) was our O line. They played horrible today. Plummer before today's game had got sacked only 9 times, and today he got sacked 6 times alone, that just shows that Jake had no time and was under constant pressure.

If you are watching the Colts-Ravens game tonight, you should know that even Manning, the best QB of the league today, cant play under pressure, and thats exactly what the Chiefs did to Jake, they beat our O line and got through to Jake. Thank god no fumbles from him today.

Comment

Thank goodness, he does not play defence.

Originally posted by BroncosB2B

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                      The Broncos are about 50/50 is passing to running plays for the season. So, how does your theory explain Jake leading the league in interceptions?
                      Could it be that Jake is being forced to stay in the pocket and get rid of the ball too quickly? Whether it's the O line's fault or poor play-calls, he needs more time. Jake accuracy increases when he scrambles or bootlegs out before throwing.
                      "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

The VIKINGS, history's REAL raiders.

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                        It's not 50/50 when there behind by 21 points.
                        sigpic

Comment

Nor does he play offense!

Comment

Wat do you mean he doesn't play defense? He was the best defender the Chiefs had today.

Comment

Originally posted by jbradley1989
                              It's not 50/50 when there behind by 21 points.
                              I said for the season. And besides, we were only down 14-7 when he threw his first interception and it was nearly 50/50 at that point. Face it, Jake throws a lot of his interceptions when the game is close, not just when we're way behind.
                              ------

Comment

Working...
                              X