Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome back Von! (positve message only thread please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Von will see his fair share of double teams but given that his pressure typically comes off the corner, double teams will likely materialize in the way of a running back or a tight end. Thus keeping a guy off his route and affecting the opponent's passing game even without getting to the QB.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with the most sacks on the roster.

Comment

• Is Von The Key To Turning Around The D?

I would like to hear how much of an impact Von will have tonight against the Colts. Some people are all over our defense for having a few poor outings lately. I actually think they played really well for the most part, especially considering the plethora of injuries/suspension at every level. The only time the defense really looked pathetic was against Dallas. If we get Woodyard and Ayers back today too this will be a completely different defense. At least on paper we're actually quite stacked and I think people forget just how much of an impact Von will have. I was saying at the start of the season that i'd be pumped with a 4-2 or 5-1 record at this point considering Von's suspension and losing Dumervil. Even if he doesn't get home to the QB today, he'll be drawing double teams all evening, freeing things up for other guys. Champ is coming back from a rusty game and I think he will be back in form. What say you?

Comment

• Secondary:
        -Champ
        -DRC
        -Harris
        -Ihenacho (I think this kid has the potential to be a star in this league and he is a steal for us)
        -Moore (I think he's played quite well overall, a couple lapses but still very good)

Linebackers:
        -Von (one of the best players in the NFL. Hands down our best defender).
        -Woodyard (emerging as one of the best middle linebackers I truly believe that)
        -Trevethan (this kid is a stud and like Ihenacho I think he was a steal for this team)

Front 4:
        -Wolfe(mixed reviews on him but I think he's actually played well, albeit inconsistently at times)
        -Vick
        -Knighton (two big boys that have absolutely stuffed opposing running games)
        -Ayers (this guy is finally showing glimpses of why he was a first round pick. Still could get better but he's played well. Malik has also played well in his absence and I think between them they well make an impact).

Sounds like a pretty darn solid defense to me. I don't see any major weaknesses.

Guys that have stepped up in Von's absence and played well will now get even more chance to make an impact with Von drawing double teams.

*special mention for Nate Irving who I thought played well over the last 6 games as well.
        Last edited by BroncoCanuck; 10-20-2013, 05:07 AM.

Comment

• I think Von changes the whole scheme of how Del Rio coaches defense. This year we have seen more zone and off coverage in 6 games than we saw I think in the entire 16 games last year combined. With the addition of DRC who thrives in the press man type of defense that we ran last year I have to think that with Von back combined with Ayers, Woodyard, and Champ back in the lineup Del Rio will go back to what got us a top 5 defense last year.

I just cannot wait for tonight's game to start to watch Von and the others just wreak havoc on Luck and finally show what this defense is capable of with the full arsenal on display.

Comment

• JDR has used more zone and more blitzing in the first six games without Miller available. With Miller back, this changes. Von will draw attention and other defenders who have been generating pressure will benefit. Coverages will improve with extra players freed up due to blitzing being less necessary. What the Colts and future opponents must worry about is that Denver's D will be different.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Moving Wolfe back inside instead of using him as an edge rusher
              Get away from zone and go back to more man coverage
              Having the best edge rusher in the league
              Having a healthy Champ

These things could really make a difference with Von probably being responsible for the first 3 himself

Comment

• I assume more teams will focus on stopping Von, and that frees up other defenders to get to the QB.
                sigpic

Comment

• Right now in some ways Woodyard is more important than Von.

Von brings the Rush, Woodyard brings the leadership.

Von's biggest impact will be that the better the pass rush, the better the secondary becomes.
                  sigpic

Comment

• I like all your responses and how VOIN will effect the D, but I am most in agreement that a healthy WOODY is the most important element to our D !
                    we need that field general to bring all that talent together, they do not play to their best without WW !
                    we have been fine without champ and von, but looked very unstable when woody was out!
                    I hope that von can have the impact that everyone HOPES he can, but I must SEEI T befor I caN COUNT ON IT !
                    I know I caN COUNT ON woody !

Comment

• Apparently not....D still pretty much sucks...

JDR finally going to USC seems to be the key best I can tell...
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ bronco View Post
                        I like all your responses and how VOIN will effect the D, but I am most in agreement that a healthy WOODY is the most important element to our D !
                        we need that field general to bring all that talent together, they do not play to their best without WW !
                        we have been fine without champ and von, but looked very unstable when woody was out!
                        I hope that von can have the impact that everyone HOPES he can, but I must SEEI T befor I caN COUNT ON IT !
                        I know I caN COUNT ON woody !
                        Von will affect the D, and even made some good plays against the run early on tonight. The problem is, the Colts are dominating the field position battle thus putting the offense in awkward spots, so the defense is back out in a hurry.

Comment

• Hey all I apologize that I had started a thread that was already going. Was my first post and not much of a poster or blogger. But our family huge fans. Just had to put it out there after this whole cancer battle felt like their are so many blessings we take for granted. Thank you for all the support and understanding. Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
                            Curious but where did you hear that? I heard 262lbs. 10% body fat. He still has one of the best first steps in football. He will be just fine!
                            http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-luck/3008943/

Comment

Working...
                            X