No announcement yet.

Opinions regarding the Denver collapse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions regarding the Denver collapse?

As a Chiefs fan, I'm curious what Denver fans point to as the reason for the Denver collapse? I remember back in the 1990's, the Chiefs had dominant regular season teams but by the end of the season, they had mostly failure. Some of those players from those older Chiefs teams said that Marty worked them so hard during the year, that they just didn't have the same level of energy to give at the end of the season. Maybe those were just excuses.

I'm curious about Denver fans' opinions about Denver's early success this year and the late season collapse? Is it fatigue, injuries, what? Your team seemed like a different team earlier in the year than they seem now.

cohesion.....how many guys played on this squad last year?

Comment

Re:

Reminds me of Miami...

However the simple fact of the mater is that Plummer is killing them with INTs.

I said it then and I still say it, letting Brian Griese go was a big mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Loaded Pampers
        I said it then and I still say it, letting Brian Griese go was a big mistake.

..yes your pamper is loaded...LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderhaterinKC
          As a Chiefs fan, I'm curious what Denver fans point to as the reason for the Denver collapse? I remember back in the 1990's, the Chiefs had dominant regular season teams but by the end of the season, they had mostly failure. Some of those players from those older Chiefs teams said that Marty worked them so hard during the year, that they just didn't have the same level of energy to give at the end of the season. Maybe those were just excuses.

I'm curious about Denver fans' opinions about Denver's early success this year and the late season collapse? Is it fatigue, injuries, what? Your team seemed like a different team earlier in the year than they seem now.
          If you follow Denver, this year is the same as every year. W/o TD and Elway Shanny hasn't done jack squat. We lack heart and the ability to give a guy time to throw the ball. We also lack ability to get pressure on a QB. We also made a stupid trade in gettign a "shut down" cb who has shut down our chances at the playoffs. We always start great and fade, every year. Last year we bounced back just in time to show our lack of heart in the playoffs.
          John and TD should get their own wing in Canton.

Comment

Well Mr. Chiefs fan it takes heart to win. To explain, it is that adrenalin that gives a person a drive to exceed. So far the Broncos have not found it. Or adrenalin can be traced to heart, who on our team has it, Rod Smith does, but who else! No one especially the defense and our QB. it will be a long off season.

Comment

the single area that is killing us is....the D-line!

This isnt an offense that is built to put up 45 points!!!! The D-line sucked!!! We miss Trevor!!!

Comment

BigD fan...

You want to compare Griese's year to Jakes?

Dats right!

My Pampers may be loaded but you're just a smuck. j/k
                LUV YA BABE!

Comment

Man, since 1977, I can barely remember my high school years, especially my junior high years, good memory. I remember the SB with Doug Williams then I joined the Marine Corps in 1991. i don't remember anything for a few years after that. Then i came back to reality.

Comment

I've said this before.. and I'll say it again. How many other or the teams that have lost their HOF QBs have found adaquate replacements so quickly?? Miami? Dallas? Buffalo? San Fran? look at what THOSE teams are doing, and tell Me how bad off we are.
                    Good point.
                    My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

Originally posted by Loaded Pampers
                      BigD fan...

You want to compare Griese's year to Jakes?

Dats right!

My Pampers may be loaded but you're just a smuck. j/k
                      LUV YA BABE!
                      you want to compare them this year or career-wise?

Last edited by BIGD2oo4; 12-19-2004, 08:25 PM.

Comment

the lack of a pass rush has killed us especially in todays game n raiders game....penaltys in the red zone, n lack of production on ST along the turn overs....it'll b a long off season againnnnnn

Comment

We just suck!!!

Why try and make excuses? The truth is we have a ways to go before we can talk championships. It will be a long offseason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                            I think we were never good all year long. Our record was a fasad of a weak WEAK schedule.
                            I agree with that. I think that we had a weak schedule, we won some easy games and got our hopes up. We suck, and after today's performance, it is easy to see that many of the players don't have the heart. I do blame Plummer, he may be adequate, but he will never lead the Broncos to the Super Bowl. He is certainly not worth a $6 mil extension. I blame Shanahan. He has lost his influence and impact on the team and constantly refuses to change. He refuses to admit when he makes mistakes and never learns from them. He makes poor personnel decisions. And his playcalling is predictable. This season wasn't a failure soley because of Plummer and Shanahan, but I don't think that we can expect anything better while they are here.
                            Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Griese may be a fit for Tampa but wasn't for us or Miami.

Our collapse, Too many injured guys on the secondary, Pryce was a big loss.
                              The off season saw the departure of Mobley, Gold, Portis, McCaffrey, and Sharpe. Shannon was the go to guy in the clutch. Now we have Putz & Carswell. Drop off.

Portis had the X-factor, he could take it to the house on any play. He worked great in our system. This year we were going to start with Anderson, he gets hurt, we try Q.. he stumbles, Rueben wore down and Bell gets injured.

Ashley is improved but we need him to be more than just a 1 or 2 big play down the field guy. Watts is struggling and jake has struggled without Sharpe being his security blanket.

We have no "IT" guy... that when it is clutch time you want the ball in his hands.
                              Colts have Manning, Vikings have Moss, Steelers have Bettis, NE has Brady, Eagles have TO. Guys who will make a play when they need to. We have ???

We need 1 yd vs Jags, Q fumbles. A FG against Oak, blocked. A FG against SD
                              Watts stays in bounds. Add to the fact we should not have been in those situations to begin with, some bad clock management, bad playcalls or audibles by Jake.

We practically have no turnovers to speak of and our special teams is anything but. As much as I want to win and go to the playoffs each year, I had a feeling this was going to be a bit of a rebuilding year. When we started of 5-1, I started
                              beleiving we were better than we were. But right now we are what we are a 8-6
                              team.
                              The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X