Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Von Miller: Sack Prediction

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
    I don't think anyone is doing that. .

    As for Von not having an effect on the other guys once he is on the field. Von is a player a coordinator has to game plan for, he must be accounted for at all times. That forces an offense to slide protection, keep an extra TE or RB to help and forces shorter passes. With Von out there it allows JDR to have more freedom with blitzes, stunts and twists. And don't think for a moment that when the oline sees Von lined up on the opposite side they won't have at least an eye on him even if Von isn't the guy they are supposed to block.
    Actually there's one poster that finds every chance he gets to say
    ayers > doom .

    And I didn't say he wouldn't have an effect .will Von's presence make them more productive? Yes.. But better players no .. Their jobs will just be easier.

    . I'm just making a point that even if ayers and Phillips end up with 12 sacks each they're still not " pass rushers" and not close to doom.

    I also think it's ridiculous when people blame the defensive backs for all the pass yards allowed.. Chris Harris said QB's are just standing back there playing 7 on 7 in terms of the difference Von will make. Sounds like a knock on these so called pass rushers by the names of ayers and Phillips.

    So if he sees it .. Why doesn't everybody else
    Last edited by Justblaze2729; 10-19-2013, 11:50 AM.

    Comment


    • #62
      Wow looks like most of us are gonna be way off on this one, Von is not getting to the QB like we expected.

      So far he has 2 sacks in 4 games, so he is only on pace to finish with 5 & i don't think anybody would have figured that.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
        Wow looks like most of us are gonna be way off on this one, Von is not getting to the QB like we expected.

        So far he has 2 sacks in 4 games, so he is only on pace to finish with 5 & i don't think anybody would have figured that.
        His impact on the rest of the d line is more than everybody expected though.

        Many people said one player couldn't make that much of a difference and a few people said Von would make no difference.

        Well 4 games in and pass yards are down from 300 to around 210 in that stretch.. Not only that but passer ratings have dipped too. Percentage of passes completed etc.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
          His impact on the rest of the d line is more than everybody expected though.

          Many people said one player couldn't make that much of a difference and a few people said Von would make no difference.

          Well 4 games in and pass yards are down from 300 to around 210 in that stretch.. Not only that but passer ratings have dipped too. Percentage of passes completed etc.
          Agree with this, Wolfe has 3 sacks in the 4 games since he's returned.

          Teams have been doubling him, even triple teaming him since he's returned.

          Sacks are a flawed number.

          He's graded as the number 1 player on the defense per PFF, and the top rated OLB as well by a wide margin.

          His impact is noticable.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
            Wow looks like most of us are gonna be way off on this one, Von is not getting to the QB like we expected.

            So far he has 2 sacks in 4 games, so he is only on pace to finish with 5 & i don't think anybody would have figured that.
            He'll get more chances to rush the passer next week in a more conventional pass rushing scheme. He has played against one pure drop-back passer and three QBs that are a threat to run since he has been back. He sacked Rivers once and got to RGIII.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
              His impact on the rest of the d line is more than everybody expected though.

              Many people said one player couldn't make that much of a difference and a few people said Von would make no difference.

              Well 4 games in and pass yards are down from 300 to around 210 in that stretch.. Not only that but passer ratings have dipped too. Percentage of passes completed etc.
              And that's after playing Luck, RGIII, Rivers, and Smith; not exactly a stretch of scrubs.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                Wow looks like most of us are gonna be way off on this one, Von is not getting to the QB like we expected.

                So far he has 2 sacks in 4 games, so he is only on pace to finish with 5 & i don't think anybody would have figured that.
                Like others have said: although his sacks are low, his impact is apparent. Sacks can come in bunches and I would not be at all surprised if Von Miller had a 3 sack game this week. I really like the balanced CONTROLLED rush that we have going for us.
                res ipsa loquitur

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by CoronaCalBronco View Post
                  Like others have said: although his sacks are low, his impact is apparent. Sacks can come in bunches and I would not be at all surprised if Von Miller had a 3 sack game this week. I really like the balanced CONTROLLED rush that we have going for us.
                  This. Miller has also been disrupting screen plays. He reads that pretty well.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    I understand what everyone is saying & yes absolutely the defense as a whole is playing much better & sacks are coming from others.

                    But you can't tell me you thouht von would only have 2 sacks after 4 games, which was the purpose of this thread, to predict his sack total & not how well the rest of the D would do.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                      I understand what everyone is saying & yes absolutely the defense as a whole is playing much better & sacks are coming from others.

                      But you can't tell me you thouht von would only have 2 sacks after 4 games, which was the purpose of this thread, to predict his sack total & not how well the rest of the D would do.
                      I see your point. If he ends up with 5, I will be surprised.....
                      res ipsa loquitur

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                        I understand what everyone is saying & yes absolutely the defense as a whole is playing much better & sacks are coming from others.

                        But you can't tell me you thouht von would only have 2 sacks after 4 games, which was the purpose of this thread, to predict his sack total & not how well the rest of the D would do.
                        I didn't expect him to have many this year. No one was going to nail the number, except out of blind luck. Without Doom, way more attention was going to slide his way from opposing offenses. I didn't expect much more than 10 - even if he played all 16 games - but more controlled pressure from the rest of the line.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X