What to expect out of C.J today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
    CJ looks like our most explosive (by far) RB. He got the first down, but missed a wide open cut back on one run. I ke him better than Ball, but we will see how it pans out. Would be nice to have a very strong running game going into the playoffs.
    I don't think we have anywhere near enough of a sample of either guy to make an accurate judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
      I don't think we have anywhere near enough of a sample of either guy to make an accurate judgment.
      Your right but if he keeps holding onto the ball & blocking, I see him getting more carries. Then we will get a accurate judgement. He looks like he's got serious burst.

Comment

Aikman commented during the game that it was a great luxury for the Broncos to have 4 good running backs.

Comment

About what I expected. Handful of runs, some good downhill running. I like him better than Hillman so far. Looking forward to seeing more out if him.
          sigpic

Comment

I am not sure if you saw but Ball almost fumbled again on his second TD attempt in the red zone. Moreno saw it from the sideline and on the telecast you could see him mouthing "MoooontEEEEEE" followed but a little head shake. Anderson was under utilized in this game but I think that was because of Manning. Anderson will likely get Peyton reps in coming practises to make sure he is on the same page in pass pro. Anderson showed the between the tackles running we knew he was capable of. Well done. Good 1st game.
            Last edited by Rich_C; 10-27-2013, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Anderson was breaking tackles and running like he wanted that #1 RB spot. I'm very excited about his potential going forward.

And man, Moreno looked good too. Excited that this running game might start coming together.

Comment

4 rushes for 22 yards. As long as he doesn't have fumbling issues... I think he'll be entrenched soon enough.

Comment

Anderson is thick n' quick man.

Comment

In my opinion, he has a very similar skillset to a guy we faced today. Alfred Morris.

He is 225 pounds, the heaviest on our team. But out of the three, he looked faster. This being his first pro game, I didn't expect much, running backs more than anyone struggle with getting up to speed at this level, but he seems to have it down. Obviously there's details to clean up, and things he can get better at, but the guy looked like he's been out there for 7 weeks.

Still, to early to judge though. I've seen players have more promising starts and end up having lackluster careers.

I do hope we see him week 9 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                      I am not sure if you saw but Ball almost fumbled again on his second TD attempt in the red zone. Moreno saw it from the sideline and on the telecast you could see him mouthing "MoooontEEEEEE" followed but a little head shake. Anderson was under utilized in this game but I think that was because of Manning. Anderson will likely get Peyton reps in coming practises to make sure he is on the same page in pass pro. Anderson showed the between the tackles running we knew he was capable of. Well done. Good 1st game.
                      I think you're over-analyzing it a bit. Almost fumble isn't a fumble. Ball has reason to gain some confidence after this game. He had a few good runs, blocked better, and scored a TD. Being #2 is also motivational: another guy (or two) is always right behind you.

CJ had a whopping 4 carries. He will face some of the same troubles Ball does: teams know they are in there only to run. Until they can prove capable of blocking well and catching passes, defenses will stack the box against them.

I do think this may be the better rotation, but I'm not going to let 4 carries carry the burden of proof.

Comment

Originally posted by FabrizioHC View Post
                        In my opinion, he has a very similar skillset to a guy we faced today. Alfred Morris.

He is 225 pounds, the heaviest on our team. But out of the three, he looked faster. This being his first pro game, I didn't expect much, running backs more than anyone struggle with getting up to speed at this level, but he seems to have it down. Obviously there's details to clean up, and things he can get better at, but the guy looked like he's been out there for 7 weeks.

Still, to early to judge though. I've seen players have more promising starts and end up having lackluster careers.

I do hope we see him week 9 though.

I cannot imagine he wont be there. He didn't fumble and he had great YPC. IMO- Anderson didn't get enough carries given he had two great runs within a few plays of each other.

Comment

I think you're over-analyzing it a bit. Almost fumble isn't a fumble. Ball has reason to gain some confidence after this game. He had a few good runs, blocked better, and scored a TD. Being #2 is also motivational: another guy (or two) is always right behind you.

CJ had a whopping 4 carries. He will face some of the same troubles Ball does: teams know they are in there only to run. Until they can prove capable of blocking well and catching passes, defenses will stack the box against them.

I do think this may be the better rotation, but I'm not going to let 4 carries carry the burden of proof.
                          He let the ball come lose but not slip away from his reach or grasp...So while it didn't end up as the others did it is still not what you expect in that situation. Ball has not had THAT many carries and you'd hope that a young guy, a bigger guy, would be able to protect the ball better. C.J isn't going to be a saviour for our team or anything but he is well suited for many of the runs and arguably due to his size blocking as well.

Comment

Working...
                          X