No announcement yet.

Post game rants --- Washington - Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Thought the two screen plays were called at the perfect time and both went for TD's

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeFaithful View Post
      I'm impressed with Adam Gase' and the playcalls hes drawn up. Much better than McCoy.
      McCoy was so unimaginative....Everyone went nuts over him because he was able to implement a college offense but prior to that the playcalling was awful...Denver got really lucky a whole lot during that stretch and he got a new job out of it.

Gase has been better but he still needs to get some more experience under his belt. He's also new to this so that will come with time.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        McCoy was so unimaginative....Everyone went nuts over him because he was able to implement a college offense but prior to that the playcalling was awful...Denver got really lucky a whole lot during that stretch and he got a new job out of it.

Gase has been better but he still needs to get some more experience under his belt. He's also new to this so that will come with time.
        McCoy got more out of Tebow than anyone else has. McCoy was OC last year.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
          Wesley Woodard coming back had a lot to do on everything.Now Von Miller can do what he does best.Get after the QB!
          WW is the leader of that D, it absolutely helped having him back. Between him and Von we returned to form today.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            That's because McCoy had to use the most basic, linear play-calling imaginable in order to not expose the EXTRAORDINARY lack of talent he had behind center.
            sigpic
            Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

He did...but I don't know that it's because he's a great OC. Part of it is just that we're the only team that actually threw him out there and let him do whatever. He was on a very tight leash everywhere else. Plus I think when Tim was here he had the players and fans behind him. I don't think he's ever had that anywhere else he's gone.

Not to mention the fact that I really think Tebow has regressed every year since he came into the league.
              sigpic

Comment

• I missed one of the 4th down conversions today. Was that one that went for a TD late in the game? The last offensive TD we scored? Would someone describe it for me please?

Comment

• Originally posted by ruksak View Post
                  I just wish people would be more understanding about the run calls, even when they fail. The Broncos showing that they're willing to run on 3rd and 2+ is exactly what sets up successful passes later on in similar situations.

The 4th down play that Freyaka was referencing.....WASH seemed determined that DEN was going to run. They thought the trips form was a lure.
                  Agreed. They get upset when a shotgun quick hand-off only goes for 2 yards, but then wonder why a play action out of the same set leaves some dangerous target wide open later on.

Originally posted by ruksak View Post
                  That's because McCoy had to use the most basic, linear play-calling imaginable in order to not expose the EXTRAORDINARY lack of talent he had behind center.
                  This. So this. Tebow was never good. He was Ryan Leaf bad under center.

Comment

• Duke was having a pretty good game before the injury. He looks like he will become a playmaker. I think Adams playing a situational/backup role behind duke is perfect.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post

Not to mention the fact that I really think Tebow has regressed every year since he came into the league.
                      I don't think he regressed. I heard the talk about how Tebow couldn't remember plays or wrap his head around pre-snap adjustments. Credit to McCoy for knowing he couldn't stuff 10 pounds of poo in a 5 pound bag.

What happened to Tebow is...other teams didn't cut him such slack. They expected him to know the plays....thus giving the appearance that he regressed.
                      sigpic
                      Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

• Offence to me was Knowshon and the whole defence gets my game ball

Comment

Fans of the 3-4 Defense must have been happy to see JDR's 50 D sometimes Eagled and/or Aggied on one side. I don't recall having seen it this year. He did show the Double Eagle in Game #1.
                          I was very happy with the gameplan on D. We did a great job of keeping contain on RG3 not letting him scramble for yards or get out on the edge to throw on the run. Looked like Von was playing spy on some plays and Phillips was playing contain. Eventually we just started collapsing the pocket with ease up the middle.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRONCOLT View Post
                            I'll just say now... WTH DT?! He just quit on a couple plays and. Ended up INT's. Why is he playing complacent and not going up after the ball and fighting for it.

Good game by the offense, Great game by the defense.
                            I think this bye week is coming at a good time. Because you mentioned him DT is definitely hurt. He was hesitant (and he is never hesitant).

Comment

• Originally posted by southern cross View Post
                              I missed one of the 4th down conversions today. Was that one that went for a TD late in the game? The last offensive TD we scored? Would someone describe it for me please?
                              If I'm thinking of the right one; The Broncos lined up with a run formation and began a series of confusing motions, realigning to show a trips formation on the right side. WASH didn't budge, apparently thinking it was a dummy look and that DEN would certainly run. Turned out, WASH only had 2 defenders for the trips-right, Dressen rolled out flat and caught an uncontested TD.

It was beautiful.

Had WASH made the right adjustments and covered the 3 men to the right, I guarantee you Manning would've switched back to a run. Putty in his hands, so to speak.

EDIT to add gif (thanks to GoManning for posting in another thread)
                              Last edited by ruksak; 10-27-2013, 07:07 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

• Until the playoffs, I don't know for sure.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X