Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Hesky View Post
      Leadership is an important thing on a team.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Dream got his pick; he did call it.

Welker plays hard and agressive.
        Team Broncos!
        2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

• http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...-FX-Wes-Welker

Comment

• was about to post this
            I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
              "That second half was all weight room" lol
              Yeah, that was pretty funny.
              sigpic
              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Knowshon is also starting to make waves in the receiving game. I would rather give JT a little extra rest, as I think we will be fine without him in the SD game. I think it is more important at this point of the season to make sure he is healthy for the KC game. The way the season is shaping up, unless KC stumbles (we can't count on that), we will have to beat them twice to take control of the division. I know some of you think we would be better off as a wild card as it might be warmer weather elsewhere, but the fact is; It is easier to win two games at home than three on the road assuming we can get the #1 seed. Last years playoff game was brutally cold, but even in Denver that is not the norm. It was like the stadium was transported to the top of Pikes Peak (the road up the mountain is generally closed that time of year). Denver is on a plateau and the weather generally is not that bad and the likelihood of another game like that in January is rare.
                sigpic

Comment

• Sound FX: Wes Welker

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...-FX-Wes-Welker

A little more in depth than the one posted by denverbroncos.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Hesky View Post
                    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...-FX-Wes-Welker

A little more in depth than the one posted by denverbroncos.com
                    opening is the best when he is describing being in denver. gotta love the guy. gamer and a hustler.

Comment

• My favorite line... "...I know...it's hard to keep track..." That's awesome!!
                      Big Orange Nation, college home of PFM :thumb: and other notable current and former Broncos

Comment

• Originally posted by peterk View Post
                        It'd be great if he wouldn't miss a game so he can run for his 1000 yards receiving season (making the team the only team in history with 4 1000 yarders). But the thing is, the TE depth is so deep, that it won't be a problem if he misses a game or two. So there is a chance that Fox will rest him until he is 110% ready.
                        I think the Broncos start using more two TE sets. This way Julius wont always be the main target.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                          I think the Broncos start using more two TE sets. This way Julius wont always be the main target.
                          This is what everyone thought at the beginning of the year, that we would rotate all the TE. The most talented TE on the roster is JT so he will continue to get 85% of the snaps unless he doesn't dress
                          A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                            Yes. The use of multiple TE sets is exciting! That 4th down TD to Dressen last week was soo cool! I hope we use TE like this on an occasional basis in our plays. Something dangerous that not all teams are prepared for.

If Julius is not fully healthy i say rest him. Now that Dressen is back we are sitting good in the TE department.

Comment

• Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                              Yes. The use of multiple TE sets is exciting! That 4th down TD to Dressen last week was soo cool! I hope we use TE like this on an occasional basis in our plays. Something dangerous that not all teams are prepared for.
                              On that play, besides Manning and the OL, the personnel was Unrein, Moreno, Green, Tamme and Dreessen. They went from Tight Wing I to Single Back Bunch with no tight end. Before the shift, it was a big, tight run-oriented formation. After the shift, it was more pass oriented, but one from which a run was still viable given the fact the Bunch was all players listed on the roster as TEs.

Replacing Unrein with Welker and Green with DT would provide personnel who could still line up tight and execute plays from that and the shift. Dictating to the defense using formations is a page from Bill Walsh's playbook. Mike McCoy used formations in 2011 to facilitate the rushing attack. Shifts of the kind we saw against Washington may indicate personnel packages which command run defense and shift to a formation which attacks pass D.

Manning can run a large volume of offense from any given personnel package. When substitutions come in, the opposing defense subs, too. On that 4th and goal, Washington called time out. Jim Haslett probably called it, and he is no dummy. Personnel packages which can shift from extreme run to pass friendly may be a way to generate more of a rushing attack.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                                On that play, besides Manning and the OL, the personnel was Unrein, Moreno, Green, Tamme and Dreessen. They went from Tight Wing I to Single Back Bunch with no tight end. Before the shift, it was a big, tight run-oriented formation. After the shift, it was more pass oriented, but one from which a run was still viable given the fact the Bunch was all players listed on the roster as TEs.

Replacing Unrein with Welker and Green with DT would provide personnel who could still line up tight and execute plays from that and the shift. Dictating to the defense using formations is a page from Bill Walsh's playbook. Mike McCoy used formations in 2011 to facilitate the rushing attack. Shifts of the kind we saw against Washington may indicate personnel packages which command run defense and shift to a formation which attacks pass D.

Manning can run a large volume of offense from any given personnel package. When substitutions come in, the opposing defense subs, too. On that 4th and goal, Washington called time out. Jim Haslett probably called it, and he is no dummy. Personnel packages which can shift from extreme run to pass friendly may be a way to generate more of a rushing attack.
                                Thanks for the explaination on that Sam. Too me, all i can say is "cool"

Comment

Working...
                                X