Post game rants --- Washington - Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shannon sharpe ‏@ShannonSharpe 9m
    I'll have a talk with him. "@WildcatsBroncos: @ShannonSharpe would you agree 2 were completely on @DemaryiusT for playing soft?"

Shannon got DT
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
      That doesn't matter. We've all seen DT make plenty of athletic plays since then. On that particular play, he caught the ball and then just gave it up when Hall tried at all to fight for it.

So the fact that demaryius limps off the field every game at least once sometimes twice means nothing?

Dude is almost done with his rookie contract and I don't blame him for not jumping to the sky to catch a peyton floater.

I wouldn't wanna bust my ankle and mess up my career either

Comment

Originally posted by Justblaze2729
        Oh injuries only matter when it's peyton that is playing crappy .. Ok got it sir !

Go back to the Indy forum .
        70% completion rate, 354 yards and 4 TD's is hardly crappy. I mean, yeah, he had that awful throw to Welker that resulted in a pick, but DT can be blamed for the other 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
          So the fact that demaryius limps off the field every game at least once sometimes twice means nothing?

Dude is almost done with his rookie contract and I don't blame him for not jumping to the sky to catch a peyton floater.

I wouldn't wanna bust my ankle and mess up my career either
          But he already caught it. That's what you seem to be missing here. He already had it in his hands. He didn't lose it until Hall just took it from him. Then DT just threw his hands up listlessly.

Comment

But he already caught it. That's what you seem to be missing here. He already had it in his hands. He didn't lose it until Hall just took it from him. Then DT just threw his hands up listlessly.
            That's true it was already in his grasp .. Bad play by him.

Comment

And they needed Denver to play some pretty awful football to escape with a 6 point victory. It won't happen in the post-season. The Colts are solid, but they aren't going to play perfect against Denver twice while getting Denver's sloppiest game twice in return.
              The Colts were FAR from perfect. The Broncos played poorly because they had Colts defenders smothering them.

The Colts are the only team in the league to beat SF, SEA or DEN. (outside of SEA beating SF).
              sigpic
              Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

Great win by Denver and the Defense definitely stepped up but am I the only one worried about this team a little? We turned the ball over 5 times this game and committed a lot of stupid penalties that ended with the other team getting points. If we expect to beat teams like KC or NE down the road we need to fix these issues. Not that Denver has any control over it but it feels like our players always getting hurt. I am praying Thomas is okay. Perfect timing for a bye. Go Broncos!!

Comment

Game Ball time

Offense Moreno - good yards and some really nice pass blocks.
                  Defense Knighton - Tremendous game with good rush inside and great run D.
                  ST - Not a good week for STs, so going Prater...perfect season continues
                  Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by 58 broncomaniac View Post
                    I think that he was trying to do things he usually would do but ankles would not allow. I am glad it is a bye week now and he can rest them ankles up.
                    Ya that's kind of my observation as well. I don't really "blame Manning" though he had some bad, bad bad throws. Most of it was thinking he could still throw the pass and his ankles prevented it. There were a few that just flat out didn't need to be thrown even when healthy though.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SinePari View Post
                      Now, I'm not sure who the "complainers" moniker is directed at. However, I feel like I should point out that just b/c some fans still see "room for improvement" it doesn't necessarily mean they're complaining. For example, I'm very excited we won; however, I also feel like the team can probably do better.

Drew Brees said it best after the Saints won today - he said, "It's good when you can not play your best and make certain mistakes and still win like we did...if we continue to repeat these mistakes they will get us beat. That's not good enough for us."

Would you say that just b/c Brees pointed out the necessity to improve, he's "complaining?"
                      The Broncos players say this kind of stuff after every game too. The fans have no impact on the game, however, so it shouldn't worry them when they can't do anything about it.

Talking about it is one thing, but the all caps and "!!!" at the end of a lot of sentences (consisting mostly of glib interpretations of reality) is definitely considered complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
                        That's true it was already in his grasp .. Bad play by him.
                        Yea that's my biggest complaint this season...Our WR's are too busy looking for a flag and aren't fighting enough. Welker is the only one who fights for anything this season.
                        sigpic

Comment

31 points are 2nd highest total in a 4th Qrt in NFL history.
                          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by ruksak View Post
                            The Colts were FAR from perfect. The Broncos played poorly because they had Colts defenders smothering them.

The Colts are the only team in the league to beat SF, SEA or DEN. (outside of SEA beating SF).
                            And as I said, they are solid. The Colts played largely a mistake-free game. No timely/costly penalties, no horribly timed turnovers when it could win the game. Talk to Indy and get a really accurate opinion of how that game SHOULD have gone.

There may also have been a little bit of weight on some guy named Manning given the circumstances surrounding the event.

Luck only looked subpar in the 2nd half when he missed Wayne (and caused the injury), and couldn't close out Denver despite getting 39 chances in the 4th quarter to do so. Fortunately for he and the Colts, Denver kept turning it over or committing penalties to keep their drives alive.

The Colts played their best game of the season, caught Denver when they were down, missing half their O-line, Von was in his first action in months, and Woodyard was out.

The Broncos will likely beat the Colts by 3-4 scores if they meet again. I don't say that as a snotty internet fan either. I say that with gentle tones in my assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                              31 points are 2nd highest total in a 4th Qrt in NFL history.
                              Pretty good win! I figured we'd pull it out in the end I didn't expect us to go nuts in the 4th like that but those turnovers really put the nail in the coffin.
                              sigpic

Comment

Offense- I'd go Welker but a lot of players played ball, gotta give credit to the Skins D though. They played us tough, and physical. Didnt like them falling on the ground all the time to stop the offense.

Defense- Everyone, best game they've played all year, really only gave up 3. They got 7 on the FF, and a pick six which doesnt count on the D. All in all, team defense. Return of Woody cause that?

Comment

Working...
                                X