• johntbronco
    replied
    Can't wait to hear Welker especially!

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    Moore and Welker Mic'd up during Wash game

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...0-8b7553fa75b9

Didn't see it posted so I thought I'd share it. Didn't know whether to put it here or in Bronco News so if its in wrong place please fee free to move with my apologies.

Leave a comment:

• champ&dreallday
    replied
    Great news hearing it's not a high ankle sprain. Just to be safe, I'd like to see him sit out the SD game after the bye. We have a tough stretch comnig up, so he'll definitely be needed. Dreessen played pretty good last game, so he may feel some pressure thinking Dreessen could cut into his time.

Leave a comment:

• Hanzo the Razor
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Undershifted slides to the weak side, overshifted slides to the strong side. Normal was the straight 6-2 alignment. It's covered in Winning Single Wing Football: A Simplified Guide for the Football Coach by Ken Keuffel.
    Thanks, man.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by sstoner View Post
    Maybe not better...cause he is kinda short...but I would like to see him run a deep route then have the corners andy safety go " ?? hes not gonna get it" then manning hit him for a 80 yd TD.
    this is exactly what I was thinking. With this guys speed if he can get past the LOS I do not think there is a Db who can keep up. He would command at least one player to attempt to catch him. Which would really stretch the field.

I also liked the play they ran for him last game. He got MAULED and still held on to the ball. As was stated by someone in this thread before me...he was one cut away from getting into the open.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    From what I gathered it wasn't a high ankle sprain, it was mid to low ankle sprain according the MRI reports. I'd say there's a chance he could be ready for the Chargers game. We won't know for sure until next week I would think.
    He tweeted the following-

Julius Thomas ‏@Julius_Thomas 28 Oct
    Just left the facility MRI showed it wasn't a high ankle sprain so I won't be down long. Be back soon #CantWait

Assuming that is accurate and he can play we might see him in or rotated back in for the next game. To be honest though Dreessen did a great job.

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied
    Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Any new updates on his injury? Last I heard they were talking high ankle sprain. Will he be back after the bye?
    From what I gathered it wasn't a high ankle sprain, it was mid to low ankle sprain according the MRI reports. I'd say there's a chance he could be ready for the Chargers game. We won't know for sure until next week I would think.

Leave a comment:

• KWHIT97
    replied
    Julius Thomas?

Any new updates on his injury? Last I heard they were talking high ankle sprain. Will he be back after the bye?

Leave a comment:

• // / yardo
    replied
    Originally posted by crash123go View Post
    Well I wasn't asking you so thanks for replying. I was simply asking Sam a question because he said it was a 50 because of the alignment of the down lineman and the standup DE but we didnt have any standup DE on the field, you can can complicate anything you want. You want to call it a 50, you want to call it a eagle or 46 I don't care but at the end of the day when you get to the base of it it's a 3-4. I may not be able to give you the entire history of a formation like Sam but I know how to play and call defense and I have two blown out knees to prove it
    No you responded to my explanation with hostility for absolutely no reason. I couldn't care less what you know. But you want to discuss stuff on a message board you better be ready for others to chime in on conversations. You try to come across me like you know everything and turn around and not know why a 50 defense is referred to as such? Yeah, you don't know as much as you think you do. If you had read my post you would have understood why coaches that have been in the game a long time reference their defensive alignments by techniques and NOT down linemen vs linebackers.

You want to get into a pissing contest? Over the past year I've written my own defensive playbook from an odd 0 5 alignment starting with the traditional 50 and now based on a 3-3-5. A year and a half ago I started as a high school level non paid volunteer defensive backs coach and successfully implemented 5 coverage shells including mixed coverage calls on a high school team that has never seen anything beyond a cover 1 man under. Through my immediate success with my shells I was promoted to defensive coordinator after my first season. I think I know a little something about 0 5 alignments. In fact just before responding to your tirade I was on a 1.5 hours long web conference on the 3-3-5 with coaches all around the country that apply this stuff in real life. Over this past weekend my 0 5 based defense accounted for 7 turnovers (5 int's, 2 pick sixs) and two scores. And just to give you some context this is all being coached to a team of Native American kids who have never played organized football in their lives. We're teaching them football from the ground up. We've also successfully implemented my defensive playbook at the midschool level with another native American football team that hadn't won a game in three years and have now won their last two games with amazing success on the defensive side of the ball.

Get off your horse man. You'll learn a lot more with an open mind instead of flipping out on every person that attempts to have an intelligent conversation with you. Not everyone is against you and I definitely wasn't debating or correcting anything you were saying. So you have no reason to respond to me like that.

Leave a comment:

• crash123go
    replied
    Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
    LMAO. Obviously you do need explanation. I thought you were so brilliant. It's a 50 because of the alignments of interior linemen. 0 and 5 techniques from the nose and tackles respectively. Maybe humble up a little and listen instead of getting defensive. It's all about learning.
    Well I wasn't asking you so thanks for replying. I was simply asking Sam a question because he said it was a 50 because of the alignment of the down lineman and the standup DE but we didnt have any standup DE on the field, you can can complicate anything you want. You want to call it a 50, you want to call it a eagle or 46 I don't care but at the end of the day when you get to the base of it it's a 3-4. I may not be able to give you the entire history of a formation like Sam but I know how to play and call defense and I have two blown out knees to prove it
    Last edited by crash123go; 10-29-2013, 10:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    I don't need football defense explained to me, I would put my knowledge of how defense is played against anyone on this board except Sam. I know the difference of personnel, technique and what I see on the tape
    Cut him some slack. He's currently coaching if I'm not mistaken. He made some good points.

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Buddy Ryan called his D 46 because his SS, Doug Plank, wore #46. It's a version of the Double Eagle which itself is a shifted 50. 50 has 0 and two 4/5 techs, two stand up 9s and two Backers. The 46 aka "Bear" has 0 tech, two 3 techs, a wide 9 on the split side, a Backer lined up as a 7 on the tight side (inside the TE), SS as a 9 on the tight side and Backers over the OTs at Backer depth.

Two Corners and a FS round out the Secondary. Regular Double Eagle is just a 50 with the 4/5 techs kicked inside to 3s. Broncos ran the Double Eagle in game #1. Double Eagle and "Bear" are very difficult to run on because the Center and Guards are covered. Angle Blocked rushing attacks use pulling Guards. T-N-T defeats that blocking scheme.

It's easy to recognize from the T-N-T interior DL. Homer Smith gave a good clinic presentation "Scoring Through the Double Eagle" on p.32 of Offensive Football Strategies published by the American Football Coaches Association.

4-3 is a split front D while the 50, 3-4, "Bear" and Double Eagle are odd fronts. 46/"Bear" is essentially a six man line with two Backers which makes it similar to the 6-2 Under/Over/Normal which was considered effective against the Single Wing.
    Thanks SP.....

Leave a comment:

• // / yardo
    replied
    How is it a 50 when they're are no stand up DE on the field? We're not talking Robert ayers here we are talking about 2 traditional rush backers in a 3-4 with miller and Phillips
    LMAO. Obviously you do need explanation. I thought you were so brilliant. It's a 50 because of the alignments of interior linemen. 0 and 5 techniques from the nose and tackles respectively. Maybe humble up a little and listen instead of getting defensive. It's all about learning.
    Last edited by // / yardo; 10-29-2013, 08:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Hanzo the Razor View Post
    Can you explain what the under/over/nornal designations mean? I've been wondering.
    Undershifted slides to the weak side, overshifted slides to the strong side. Normal was the straight 6-2 alignment. It's covered in Winning Single Wing Football: A Simplified Guide for the Football Coach by Ken Keuffel.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X