Post game rants --- Washington - Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the front 7 negate the secondary?

Regardless of the general opinion here and despite the turnovers when the game was out of reach, I don't believe this secondary is even average IMO..

They generally struggle to make plays on the ball, especially at safety..the depth is good, but the starters are mediocre IMO, especially Rahim Moore..Champ is my favorite player, but he's old and it doesn't appear that he can remain on the field..

The Broncos front 7 looked phenomenal today, outside of the run defense in the 1st half..the pass rush was very solid, they got a nice push, and you can expect Von to improve every week after being inactive from game action for 9 months..

I'm impressed and intrigued by the potential of the front 7, but is it good enough to negate a poor and inconsistent secondary with scarce playmaking ability?

Comment

Any secondary is bad if the front 7 doesn't do anything. You can only cover a guy for so long; and with the current rules, even that's questionable.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        Yea that's my biggest complaint this season...Our WR's are too busy looking for a flag and aren't fighting enough. Welker is the only one who fights for anything this season.
        Yeah both of them are over 6'3 and play like they're 5'9 ... Oh wait that's an insult to welker .. They play like they're 5'5.
        Last edited by Justblaze2729; 10-27-2013, 06:19 PM.

Comment

They played more man-to-man in the second half and it changed the game. The Broncos are excellent man-to-man and poor zone coverage.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
            Yeah both of them are over 6'3 and play like they're 5'9 ... Oh wait that's an insult to welker .. They play like they're 5'5.
            Welkers comments last week were spot on. People need to grow up and play some ball...While I despise the Patriots we could use a little of the "Patriot Way" attitude around here at least in our WR's
            sigpic

Comment

Any injury report

Is there any injury report out yet on this game?

Comment

Yes they can. The pieces are complimentary. I am going to predict our secondary plays far closer to last year gong forward. With VM back, a two week get better Bye they will tighten up because of the pressure they can generate.

We get Rivers 2X, a pylon with no o-line, Brady with a beat up O-Line ( after today), Alex SMith 2X, who cannot pass anything down-field. Our stats will improve just because.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                  Welkers comments last week were spot on. People need to grow up and play some ball...While I despise the Patriots we could use a little of the "Patriot Way" attitude around here at least in our WR's
                  And the Patriots just don't fumble the ball. Tom's thrown a lot of picks this year, but that team just doesn't fumble.

Comment

Offense: Moreno-- I would say this is the best game he has had in a very long time.
                    Defense: Knighton-- For crushing RG3's Rib Cage.

I would also give one to:
                    C.J. Anderson: For showing he belongs there
                    Montee Ball: For his first NFL Touchdown.
                    sigpic

Comment

Harris is fine.

Julius left the game, didnt return, looked like a bad ankle injury.

Not sure of anyone else that got hurt.

Comment

Offense- Knowshon

Defense- Knighton he blew it up all day.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                          They played more man-to-man in the second half and it changed the game. The Broncos are excellent man-to-man and poor zone coverage.
                          This, DRC/Harris are great in bump and run/press coverage.

The zone crap needs to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                            Harris is fine.

Julius left the game, didnt return, looked like a bad ankle injury.

Not sure of anyone else that got hurt.
                            Trevathan? Did he come back I didn't notice if he did, but he got hurt at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                              The defense stepped up today.....
                              They have all year outside of the Dallas game.

But no need to get into this anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                                They have all year outside of the Dallas game.

But no need to get into this anymore.
                                We saw today, without question, when Von is playing up to game speed, and Woodyard is out there, this defense is 100% better. They've been good, overall, the last two weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X