X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by DFence View Post
    I wasn't aware of the organization having any issues with our other receivers. I think the entire receiving core has been exceptionally professional over the last couple of years.
    I should have been more clear. I was talking about how the WR's seem to spend more time begging for a flag that playing the ball and making the catch...

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    Originally posted by SixStringMadnes View Post
    My favorite line... "...I know...it's hard to keep track..." That's awesome!!
    Similarly my favorite line was 'it's gonna be hard for me to leave here!'

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    Originally posted by DFence View Post
    I wasn't aware of the organization having any issues with our other receivers. I think the entire receiving core has been exceptionally professional over the last couple of years.

I'm thinking he means more on decker for trying to get flags instead of playing for the ball.

Leave a comment:

• DFence
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Wish he'd start rubbing off on our other WR's. No whining, no complaining just doing.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
    The sound mike on Welker is exactly like I thought it was going to be. Very little talking. Just doing/executing!
    I know right, when he's not scoring TD's and catching passes he's one of the most unexciting yet professional players in the league.

When he scores he acts like he's been there before (because he has, more than anyone on the league this year) Wish he'd start rubbing off on our other WR's. No whining, no complaining just doing.

Leave a comment:

• johntbronco
    replied
    The sound mike on Welker is exactly like I thought it was going to be. Very little talking. Just doing/executing!

Leave a comment:

• Doogansquest
    replied
    It was fun to watch. There was more motion than the Arizona Cardinals from Tecmo Super Bowl.

Leave a comment:

• johntbronco
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    On that play, besides Manning and the OL, the personnel was Unrein, Moreno, Green, Tamme and Dreessen. They went from Tight Wing I to Single Back Bunch with no tight end. Before the shift, it was a big, tight run-oriented formation. After the shift, it was more pass oriented, but one from which a run was still viable given the fact the Bunch was all players listed on the roster as TEs.

Replacing Unrein with Welker and Green with DT would provide personnel who could still line up tight and execute plays from that and the shift. Dictating to the defense using formations is a page from Bill Walsh's playbook. Mike McCoy used formations in 2011 to facilitate the rushing attack. Shifts of the kind we saw against Washington may indicate personnel packages which command run defense and shift to a formation which attacks pass D.

Manning can run a large volume of offense from any given personnel package. When substitutions come in, the opposing defense subs, too. On that 4th and goal, Washington called time out. Jim Haslett probably called it, and he is no dummy. Personnel packages which can shift from extreme run to pass friendly may be a way to generate more of a rushing attack.
    Thanks for the explaination on that Sam. Too me, all i can say is "cool"

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
    Yes. The use of multiple TE sets is exciting! That 4th down TD to Dressen last week was soo cool! I hope we use TE like this on an occasional basis in our plays. Something dangerous that not all teams are prepared for.
    On that play, besides Manning and the OL, the personnel was Unrein, Moreno, Green, Tamme and Dreessen. They went from Tight Wing I to Single Back Bunch with no tight end. Before the shift, it was a big, tight run-oriented formation. After the shift, it was more pass oriented, but one from which a run was still viable given the fact the Bunch was all players listed on the roster as TEs.

Replacing Unrein with Welker and Green with DT would provide personnel who could still line up tight and execute plays from that and the shift. Dictating to the defense using formations is a page from Bill Walsh's playbook. Mike McCoy used formations in 2011 to facilitate the rushing attack. Shifts of the kind we saw against Washington may indicate personnel packages which command run defense and shift to a formation which attacks pass D.

Manning can run a large volume of offense from any given personnel package. When substitutions come in, the opposing defense subs, too. On that 4th and goal, Washington called time out. Jim Haslett probably called it, and he is no dummy. Personnel packages which can shift from extreme run to pass friendly may be a way to generate more of a rushing attack.

Leave a comment:

• johntbronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    I think the Broncos start using more two TE sets. This way Julius wont always be the main target.
    Yes. The use of multiple TE sets is exciting! That 4th down TD to Dressen last week was soo cool! I hope we use TE like this on an occasional basis in our plays. Something dangerous that not all teams are prepared for.

If Julius is not fully healthy i say rest him. Now that Dressen is back we are sitting good in the TE department.

Leave a comment:

• crash123go
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    I think the Broncos start using more two TE sets. This way Julius wont always be the main target.
    This is what everyone thought at the beginning of the year, that we would rotate all the TE. The most talented TE on the roster is JT so he will continue to get 85% of the snaps unless he doesn't dress

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by peterk View Post
    It'd be great if he wouldn't miss a game so he can run for his 1000 yards receiving season (making the team the only team in history with 4 1000 yarders). But the thing is, the TE depth is so deep, that it won't be a problem if he misses a game or two. So there is a chance that Fox will rest him until he is 110% ready.

Leave a comment:

• SixStringMadnes
    replied
    My favorite line... "...I know...it's hard to keep track..." That's awesome!!

Leave a comment:

• JerseyAdam
    replied
    Originally posted by Hesky View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...-FX-Wes-Welker

A little more in depth than the one posted by denverbroncos.com
    opening is the best when he is describing being in denver. gotta love the guy. gamer and a hustler.

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied
    Sound FX: Wes Welker

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...-FX-Wes-Welker

A little more in depth than the one posted by denverbroncos.com

Leave a comment:

Working...
X