Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What scares you about the trade deadline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DEN_Manning_18 View Post
    Does anyone think the Broncos will make a trade at or before the trade deadline?
    I'm in the "no" camp. I think the team is happy with the players they have on the field.

Comment

Like some others here, I can see us jumping at the possibility of acquiring Allen for a 3rd rounder. He still has gas in the tank, and could be the last piece of the puzzle. And for a late third(???) which is definitely under 50/50 at ever starting (if they even make the team). And remember, our 3rd will be almost a 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        Like some others here, I can see us jumping at the possibility of acquiring Allen for a 3rd rounder. He still has gas in the tank, and could be the last piece of the puzzle. And for a late third(???) which is definitely under 50/50 at ever starting (if they even make the team). And remember, our 3rd will be almost a 4th.
        I wouldnt mind this either, but I do not think it happens.
        sigpic

2015 Adopted Bronco Von MIller
        UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

I would offer them a 3rd and a 5th immediately for Allen. We are on a SB run and defense wins championships. Who cares about a few mid to low draft picks at the moment on this team?

And think about it, right now would be perfect to do this due to the bye, gives Allen and the defensive team to learn with their new stud.

Do it John.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
            3rd round picks fail all the time

Allen is a stud

Make it happen Elway!!
            I'm with you, I'd give a 2nd for him in a heartbeat. Might even give a bit more than that to sweeten the deal. The Broncos are in Super Bowl mode and any move that can be made to further that agenda (now, not in a couple years) should be made.
            ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

You can never have enough pass rushers . Getting jarred allen would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by KoolBreeze View Post
                I'm with you, I'd give a 2nd for him in a heartbeat. Might even give a bit more than that to sweeten the deal. The Broncos are in Super Bowl mode and any move that can be made to further that agenda (now, not in a couple years) should be made.
                Can't agree with your statement more. The time is now!

Comment

Allen isnt much of an upgrade over what we got, no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                    Allen isnt much of an upgrade over what we got, no thanks.
                    There's no way you typed that without laughing .

Comment

Allen Cap information.

2014 Base Salary $14,280,612 equates to $840,036 per week Base/17.

8 weeks have passed. 9 pay checks remain so Allen in a straight up trade would cost a team 7,560,324 for the rest of the season.

Teams(including Denver), would likely either a ) restructure existing contracts creating additional space, b ) sign Allen to an extension while converting the majority of that 7.5 million into a signing bonus and having him play out the rest of the season at/near the league minimum.

Time will tell if anything happens, but it is not impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
                        There's no way you typed that without laughing .
                        He has 4.5 sacks all year, Phillips has 6.5, Ayers has 4.5, getting Von back who will create chances for others.

No, i'm serious.

If we can get him for a 4th or lower, sure, otherwise, nope.

Comment

He has 4.5 sacks all year, Phillips has 6.5, Ayers has 4.5, getting Von back who will create chances for others.

No, i'm serious.

Could his low sack numbers be though because his team is always playing from behind compared to that of the Broncos who at least at the beginning of the season were blowing out teams early and often?

Comment

No, i'm serious.

Sighs ... How many times Do I have to post the numbers on how long it took for ayers and Phillips to get those sacks. They average out to coverage sacks.

I haven't watched jarred allen this year but I would assume he can beat 1 on 1's more consistently than ayers or Phillips.

Comment

Originally posted by cdumler7 View Post
                              Could his low sack numbers be though because his team is always playing from behind compared to that of the Broncos who at least at the beginning of the season were blowing out teams early and often?
                              He had 20-21 sacks when they were 4-12 a few years ago, so i dont know.

Maybe it is but he's a DE, and rushes a lot so i dont think it matters much.

Comment

Originally posted by cdumler7 View Post
                                This. I am not saying Allen is what he used to be. and honestly i have not looked at the pff grades, opponents run percentage and the other large number of valid statistics other than just sacks. I would assume his numbers are the way they are because of the team he is on. his numbers are misleading because teams have the heavy option of running against a sub par team.
                                Vikings GM- Everybody is open

Comment

Working...
                                X