Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theories On Why PM Keeps Turning the Ball Over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theories On Why PM Keeps Turning the Ball Over?

He has 9+ TOs in the last 3 games. Thoughts?
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

I think he's getting ore pressure and I think he's having trouble planting his foot.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

His arm has been inconsistent IMO along with bad ankles..more importantly, the protection has been poor lately, tbh..

The interception thrown to DT was on Demaryius, though, he didn't even fight for it..

I'm not concerned yet, too early..the bye will help a lot..

Comment

There's only a certain amount of Manning mojo to go around. Eli hasn't had any turnovers in the last 2 games so they Peyton is destined to have them instead.

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
          He has 9+ TOs in the last 3 games. Thoughts?
          Could be because he's got two sprained ankles.... Could also be that our O-line is barely holding together and he's got no time to throw leading to stupid mistakes...It's frustrating but it happens.

We'll be back stronger after the bye, no worries.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton&Eli_fan View Post
            There's only a certain amount of Manning mojo to go around. Eli hasn't had any turnovers in the last 2 games so they Peyton is destined to have them instead.
            Lol this is obviously the reason.
            sigpic
            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
              Lol this is obviously the reason.
              It actually makes some amount of logical sense I mean when we were scoring a record amount of TD's Eli was pumping out a record amount of INT's....Ying to the Manning Yang?
              sigpic

Comment

In regards to the turnovers today:

The fumble was a combination of poor pass protection, and Peyton holding onto the ball a split second longer than he needed to. DeAngelo Hall's two INT's he wanted the ball more than DT, and the seam route to Welker is 100% on Manning, should not have been thrown into coverage that tight.

Comment

In my opinion, he tends to go through periods of poor judgment. It is not the under thrown wobbly balls as much as the decisions to throw into double coverage. Or, throwing short passes to covered receivers for 0-1-2 yard gains. Sometimes it looks like two-different PFM's out on the field.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                    In my opinion, he tends to go through periods of poor judgment. It is not the under thrown wobbly balls as much as the decisions to throw into double coverage. Or, throwing short passes to covered receivers for 0-1-2 yard gains. Sometimes it looks like two-different PFM's out on the field.
                    Yea...I've noticed that some in his career and honestly what better time to do it than now? Get it out of his system then make a strong playoff run.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hesky View Post

The fumble was a combination of poor pass protection, and Peyton holding onto the ball a split second longer than he needed to. DeAngelo Hall's two INT's he wanted the ball more than DT, and the seam route to Welker is 100% on Manning, should not have been thrown into coverage that tight.
                      It seemed like DT wasn't very motivated, and hasn't been the last couple weeks.

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                      That poor judgment could be due to the pain from both his ankles or maybe his neck/shoulder are bothering him again. Called some bad plays too.
                      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                      sigpic

Comment

It's a few things, one he has 2 ankle injuries and I believe his shoulder might be over stressed. Couple that with Franklin not doing a good job. Also if you look at the passes he threw picks on, they are passes that'd usually require a strong arm. Rodgers makes those passes all the time and sometimes Cutler and Brees. 3 players with rocket arms. Manning has lost the arm strength for those type of passes.

That one pick though was all mental, shouldn't have tried to throw it between 2 defenders to Welker.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                          Could be because he's got two sprained ankles.... Could also be that our O-line is barely holding together and he's got no time to throw leading to stupid mistakes...It's frustrating but it happens.

We'll be back stronger after the bye, no worries.
                          Probably all of the above; plus teams are getting better at taking time away from he and his receivers.

That said, he still threw for over 350 yards and 4 TD's...

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                          It actually makes some amount of logical sense I mean when we were scoring a record amount of TD's Eli was pumping out a record amount of INT's....Ying to the Manning Yang?
                          And again, he's still on pace to a record number of TD's. The INT's do look ugly on the stat sheet, however.

Originally posted by Hesky View Post

Well said, and really he misread the Safety on that one. I also think he was trying to go for a bit of overkill since it was 38-21.

Comment

Here comes the excuses for Manning's turnovers and yet kill a running back for his.....I knew it was coming....
                            I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Manning is just forcing throws into tight 1-on-1 coverage. Welker was absolutely beaten on that post, but Manning threw it at him anyways. It's almost Stafford-like "what the hell, I'll just throw it up" but our receivers aren't Megatron.

He really needs to use the checkdown more instead of forcing throws, but I don't think he's patient enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X