Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theories On Why PM Keeps Turning the Ball Over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He cant push off his back foot since the 1st of the jags game (when he forced his first turnover and had "fans" booing him) since then he cant get enough force behind the ball and place it where he wants it to. Once hes healthy it will change

Manning throws a lot of balls and has had terrible protection hes been pressured more in the last 3 games then he did in the first 5.
    2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
      Fair enough. Let's compare output, shall we? Manning had 339 yards of the Broncos' 446 total net yards. He was personally responsible for 24 of out 45 points (which would have been enough all by themselves to beat the Redskins) and he rallied a team down 14 in the 3rd to win by more than 3 touchdowns.

The previous week Hillman had 4 carries for 25 yards, no touchdowns and a fumble in the red zone.

Sooooooo, does this need to continue? It's a little thing called production.
      Wait, are you saying that Peyton Manning is more valuable to the Denver Broncos than Ronnie Hillman?

Well, I find that notion SHOCKING.

Comment

Originally posted by Hanzo the Razor View Post
        Wait, are you saying that Peyton Manning is more valuable to the Denver Broncos than Ronnie Hillman?

10 char
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I believe if Broncos came out with a win last week despite Hillman's fumble, he may not be in the doghouse.
          Though he may not get a lot of carries going forward.

It's a learning experience for him and he will continue to work harder.
          Team Broncos!
          2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

Originally posted by Hanzo the Razor View Post

Fans can't complain about the offense committing turnovers every week and yet make excuses for the person that's actually doing it...Manning has committed 7 turnovers the past two weeks and yet people are scare to criticize him for it...

Nobody isn't saying Hillman is more valuable than Manning,but a fan can't come on this forum and any other forum and complain about turnovers and yet wont criticize the starting quarterback....it makes no sense at all...

You either accept this team will commit turnovers or not,but you can't do both at the same time....

I've already accepted that this team won't play good in the first half,but when the second half starts that's when they play their best...for whatever reason...

That's why I laugh at most of yall when they play poorly in the first half,because yall get upset for not reason knowing this team plays extremely well in the second half...
            I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

the turnovers are bad but the QB always leads the team in turnovers.

You are always complaining about something, par the course.

Comment

Manning interception 1. - This was a play where Hall was grabbing DT. (could have been called for interference) and then DT fell, leaving Hall to intercept for the pick-6. If DT would have not fallen, it probably would have been a reception.

Manning interception 2. - This one should NOT have been thrown by Manning. Welker was being double covered and he was trying to thread it in there. Pugh intercepted.

Manning interception 3. - Very late in the game where it really doesnt matter. This was caught by DT, but then Hall made a great play and yanked it away from him in the last minute.

Manning still only has 6 interceptions over the whole year. I would chalk these up as a bad interception game and move on. It only gave us a scare in the third, but thats about it.
                Last edited by johntbronco; 10-28-2013, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
                  Thats good but still doesnt erase my memery. When I think of brady I recall all the good clutch throws and passes and one int. When I think of manning in the playoffs the only replays I recall are the late ints he thrown. I know thats prolly cuz brady is one of my favorites and I hate manning and both mannings . But il give manning the benefit of the doubt. But that was a good read.

Comment

Yet again, likely the league MVP, and yet we have to find something negative to discuss about him.

I would say that DT had a lot to do with 2 pics yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                      Fans can't complain about the offense committing turnovers every week and yet make excuses for the person that's actually doing it...Manning has committed 7 turnovers the past two weeks and yet people are scare to criticize him for it...

Nobody isn't saying Hillman is more valuable than Manning,but a fan can't come on this forum and any other forum and complain about turnovers and yet wont criticize the starting quarterback....it makes no sense at all...

You either accept this team will commit turnovers or not,but you can't do both at the same time....

I've already accepted that this team won't play good in the first half,but when the second half starts that's when they play their best...for whatever reason...

That's why I laugh at most of yall when they play poorly in the first half,because yall get upset for not reason knowing this team plays extremely well in the second half...
                      Are you a Tebow fan, by any chance?

Comment

• Originally posted by Conner13 View Post
                        Are you a Tebow fan, by any chance?
                        Probably is, and wants Tebow back.

He always has something to complain over.

Manning has 6 INT's, and a QB Rating over 120, hes far from the teams problems right now.

Some of those were good plays by the DB's, mainly Hall.

He forced the one to Welker, that one was on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by chiefsfan1981 View Post
                          Thats good but still doesnt erase my memery. When I think of brady I recall all the good clutch throws and passes and one int. When I think of manning in the playoffs the only replays I recall are the late ints he thrown. I know thats prolly cuz brady is one of my favorites and I hate manning and both mannings . But il give manning the benefit of the doubt. But that was a good read.
                          If you are really a Chiefs fan, one would think you'd have memories of Manning knocking your team out of the playoffs twice.

Masquerading as a Chiefs fan is the "in" thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                            Probably is, and wants Tebow back.

He always has something to complain over.

Manning has 6 INT's, and a QB Rating over 120, hes far from the teams problems right now.

Some of those were good plays by the DB's, mainly Hall.

He forced the one to Welker, that one was on him.
                            Agreed. The only turnover you can pin on Peyton was the throw to Welker in the Redskins game. The other turnovers were a combination of bad luck and the blunders of teammates.

As for his other turnovers the past few weeks, it's more of the same. I can't say that the turnovers in the Indy game were his fault at all. The only "real" interceptions Manning has thrown this year were in the Cowboys, Jaguars, and Redskins games. And the fumbles have all been a result of bad snaps or poor protection. Anyone who says otherwise is obviously not of sound mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by allthings18 View Post
                              If you are really a Chiefs fan, one would think you'd have memories of Manning knocking your team out of the playoffs twice.

Masquerading as a Chiefs fan is the "in" thing.
                              Yes I do remember neither team punted and we lost one fumble when priest holmes fumbled. Do you remember then the colts and the chiefs had the best ranked offenses in the league and last ranked defenses? Does the broncos feel familiar with those colts with no defenses. I also remember elway knocking us out both times he went to the superbowl. And both times I rooted for him to win the suoerbowl to get his rings after he beat us.

Comment

• Originally posted by assassin216 View Post

You either accept this team will commit turnovers or not,but you can't do both at the same time...
                                When people criticized Ronnie Hillman, it was with the idea that he needed to be benched and replaced by CJ Anderson or his carries given to Montee Ball. The overarching sentiment was that something needed to be done about Ronnie Hillman.

So what is your suggestion? Bench Manning and start Osweiler? Not only is Peyton Manning the best option for the Denver Broncos at the position, he's the best option for about 95% of teams out there.

That said, people are complaining about the turnovers, but the blame is being placed on where it belongs -- the offensive line. Which most people understand is weak due to injuries. How many of Manning's turnovers have been due to him winding up to pass and being hit from behind by a lineman who got beat? How many were from poor snaps? The only turnovers I put on Manning this season are the one pick-six for the Jaguars and last night's interception to a double-covered Wes Welker.

Just about every other turnover is him getting hit by a guy he can't see because he's doing what he's supposed to be doing -- keeping his eyes downfield and reading his receivers and the coverage.

Besides, why are we comparing a QB to a RB anyway? Isn't that like comparing a DB to a DE? Let's go apples to apples here and look at the top five touchdown passers right now --

Peyton Manning - 29 TDs to 6 INTs

Drew Brees - 19 TDs to 5 INTs

Tony Romo - 18 TDs to 5 INTs

Matt Stafford - 16 TDs to 6 INTs

Andy Dalton - 16 TDs to 7 INTs

Say, that actually looks pretty good for Manning. What about RBs? It says he's got 40 carries, so let's compare him to players around the same level...

Ronnie Hillman - 40 ATT, 4.6 YPC, 1 TD, 2 FUM

Ahmad Bradshaw - 41 ATT, 4.5 YPC, 2 TDs, 0 FUM

James Starks - 41 ATT, 6.0 YPC, 2 TDs, 0 FUM

Kendall Hunter - 42 ATT, 4.9 YPC, 3 TDs, 0 FUM

Andre Ellington - 42 ATT, 7.7 YPC, 2 TDs, 1 FUM

Hmm. Hillman doesn't seem as good compared to his peers...

Comment

Working...
                                X