Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It is a copycat league and DT needs to grow up and be the BIG man we want him to be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is a copycat league and DT needs to grow up and be the BIG man we want him to be

DT plays less physical for his size. He does not demand the ball like Brandon Marshall and you do not see the BEAST abilities that he clearly has the gifts for.

At this point, it has to be mental, IMO. Going up and getting the ball by high pointing, using his body like a Brandon Marshall are all qualities that can be taught and will materialize if DT decides enough is enough.

Teams are going to hold him, grab him but he can alter how teams play him by making them pay for it. There should have been no way DeAngelo Hall should have gotten that INT. I hope that is one of the focus of the bye week, asking him to not worry about the holding and go up there and fight for it.

The question is, will he?
    Last edited by chad72; 10-28-2013, 08:35 AM.

Ridiculous.

Hall made a great play and there was little to nothing DT could do to save the ball. Some of you are acting like he quit on the play, and that is just silly.
    sigpic
    Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

Originally posted by ruksak View Post
      Ridiculous.

Hall made a great play and there was little to nothing DT could do to save the ball. Some of you are acting like he quit on the play, and that is just silly.
      If DT used his body to shield/high point, no way Hall has a chance, IMO. He just needs to learn to look back more often when he is facing 1-on-1 coverage. A big element in terms of numbers for the Broncos is lost if teams can play DT 1-on-1 and get away with it.
      Last edited by chad72; 10-28-2013, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Hall did a lot of holding to, DT had to catch a pass with one arm, I wonder why?

Comment

I watched some cowboys games this year, and the highlights from yesterday. I have to say Dez is a far better, physics receiver at this point in their careers. DT can just disappear in a game. Love the guy, and Dez is mental case headache but I wish he could take over a game like Dez learned to.
          sigpic

Comment

I would just like to see DT and Decker become more consistent when they get jammed at the line. They are both bigger wr's, especially DT and need to use that to their advantage more. Welker seems to be the more mentally tough one of the group and deals with the physicality a bit better. Decker is physical after the makes the catch but he looks for flags too often when running the route. That would be my only gripe with the skill guys so far. I think we will see a lot of press man and physical play in the playoffs and I would like the guys to adapt a bit better. I can't stand when receivers look for a flag on every play, just finish your route strong and try to make a play on the ball.
            Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
            Supporting this staff!
            Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
              I watched some cowboys games this year, and the highlights from yesterday. I have to say Dez is a far better, physics receiver at this point in their careers. DT can just disappear in a game. Love the guy, and Dez is mental case headache but I wish he could take over a game like Dez learned to.
              You know what, I have to agree with you. Bryant can be a head case at times but it appears he has more desire when making plays some times. I wish DT could develop that killer instinct- if he could put it all together he would be unstoppable.

Comment

Easy to criticize from your couch - try being a receiver and have the ball bounce off you into the hands of a defender, then turn into a defensive back and strip the ball from the defender all at game speed, I am sure if DT could rewind and do it all over he would do it different.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Giddy'up View Post
                  Easy to criticize from your couch - try being a receiver and have the ball bounce off you into the hands of a defender, then turn into a defensive back and strip the ball from the defender all at game speed, I am sure if DT could rewind and do it all over he would do it different.
                  It is not what he did during the play. It is what he did before the pass got to him is the key. If he turned around and got inside position on Hall, no way Hall has a chance to make it, that is the physical element he can maximize on the play. That is just one example. He could have done it several times vs Vontae Davis too in the Colts game.

His understanding of how to hit his ceiling with his god given gifts is not maximized right now, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ruksak View Post
                    Ridiculous.

When he and Hall both went up for the ball and Thomas came down with the ball with Hall attached, that should have triggered a fight for possession. Instead he tilted back and two stepped leaving his hand/ arms extended.

To me that is not the type of catch I am used to seeing from him. to be honest he looked hurt. If he wasn't hurt then I cannot say I disagree with the initial post.
                    Last edited by Rich_C; 10-28-2013, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post
                      DT plays less physical for his size. He does not demand the ball like Brandon Marshall and you do not see the BEAST abilities that he clearly has the gifts for.

At this point, it has to be mental, IMO. Going up and getting the ball by high pointing, using his body like a Brandon Marshall are all qualities that can be taught and will materialize if DT decides enough is enough.

Teams are going to hold him, grab him but he can alter how teams play him by making them pay for it. There should have been no way DeAngelo Hall should have gotten that INT. I hope that is one of the focus of the bye week, asking him to not worry about the holding and go up there and fight for it.

The question is, will he?
                      The FO has made a statement about the mentality of the players we are looking for. A "Dez" wouldn't last a minute here after a sideline situation like the one we saw yesterday.

Harder yet to watch was everyone else right down to their idiot owner defending this as passion. :hammer:
                      [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                        I love DT and think he's a great player for us. But as i've said before, without taking character into account, I'd take Dez > DT. I still like DT but Dez is clearly better.

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post
                          It is not what he did during the play. It is what he did before the pass got to him is the key. If he turned around and got inside position on Hall, no way Hall has a chance to make it, that is the physical element he can maximize on the play. That is just one example. He could have done it several times vs Vontae Davis too in the Colts game.

His understanding of how to hit his ceiling with his god given gifts is not maximized right now, IMO.

I see what your saying - well I think that has to do with a persons personality, if you follow DT's Twitters you know that he thanks God everyday for a new day. I don't think he has what you call an aggressive personality, he's actually very humble and soft spoken - you can't make someone into what they are not. That has to come from DT and whether or not he wants to become more aggressive. I can't speak for DT, but yeah if I were him I would be running over little Defensive backs just for fun, but thats just me. LOL
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
                            I love DT and think he's a great player for us. But as i've said before, without taking character into account, I'd take Dez > DT. I still like DT but Dez is clearly better.
                            The Broncos have one of the most, if not the most unselfish group of receivers in the league. After watching the theatrics of Bryant yesterday, I'd be hard pressed to think he would better in any form or fashion.

Comment

DT has been soft for a while now. I rarely see him fighting for extra yards, he goes down really easily, almost like he doesn't want to get injured. And he definitely had a chance to at least knock the ball down so Hall couldn't get the INT. I love DT and what he brings to our offense but he could be so much better if he just got a little more physical.

Comment

Working...
                              X