Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It is a copycat league and DT needs to grow up and be the BIG man we want him to be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    I agree with this.

Most of y'all need to take a chill pill. Just because he's an awesome receiver, which is just about fact, doesn't mean he doesn't have room for improvement. His room for improvement, IMO, is in being more physical, both through his route and when going for the ball. Remember how physical DT was with Ike Taylor both games? He hasn't been that physical this season. It may be because he's trying to play faster, but if he can find a way to play fast and physical he will be top 3 hands down.

We "get" that he can be better. Nobody is disputing that he can improve.

My beef is with the people who are saying that they'd rather have Dez on the team. Dez Bryant is a guy who was was suspended for hitting his mother. Just this past week, he was shown throwing a tantrum on the sideline.

Again, if you want Dez, then go follow the Cowboys. Dez Bryant shouldn't be what the Broncos are about.

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
      I would trade DT for Dez in a second.....and I would throw in a high draft pick. The talent gap is that large

That's nice. Jay Cutler is probably more talented than Peyton Manning, too.

Comment

I'm not suggesting DT should go all Andre Johnson/Cortland Finnegan on the next DB he faces, but the dude should find a way to set the physicality tone.
        Big Orange Nation, college home of PFM :thumb: and other notable current and former Broncos

Comment

Some of you were saying that the receivers needed to jump and learn a few moves from the pass rushers...so I thought this image was fitting.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...4-d5f77c556eec

Comment

DT would have eclipsed Bryants stats for those of you who care but he was drafted injured and then had Tebow as QB. I agree that DT has room to grow, but I would NEVER trade him for Bryant

Comment

Personally I think they're both outstanding talents at the position but I'd much rather have DT for 2 reasons, 1.) He's the perfect compliment to Decker and Welker and is the important piece of one the most powerful offences in the history of the league so far and 2.) He's unselfish and is a team player and wouldn't go on a rant on the sidelines for no reason.

Would Dez appreciate having to share the load with Decker, Welker and OJ?
              All in for Siemian!

Comment

Originally posted by AdamWeberOrBust View Post
                Personally I think they're both outstanding talents at the position but I'd much rather have DT for 2 reasons, 1.) He's the perfect compliment to Decker and Welker and is the important piece of one the most powerful offences in the history of the league so far and 2.) He's unselfish and is a team player and wouldn't go on a rant on the sidelines for no reason.

Would Dez appreciate having to share the load with Decker, Welker and OJ?
                I like this angle because I think your correct. Where I think DT needs to work on is the 'angry switch' . In a Jump ball or closed quarters grab he needs to flip that switch and win those close ones or go to the ground trying.

Comment

He did good with Tebow at QB what are you guys talking about? I think he actually would of had better stats if Tebow was the QB today. Yes I said it. Why? This team has to many weapons and honestly DT has 4 gabrgae time touchdowns and barely gets the ball passed to him in the beginning of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rarelyoffended View Post
                    He did good with Tebow at QB what are you guys talking about? I think he actually would of had better stats if Tebow was the QB today. Yes I said it. Why? This team has to many weapons and honestly DT has 4 gabrgae time touchdowns and barely gets the ball passed to him in the beginning of the game.
                    .Yeah they should just trade DT.. Nothing but garbage yards and garbage TD's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rarelyoffended View Post
                      That is likely due to the fact that DT draws the most attention on D, and as other receivers begin to shred the D, that attention draws towards the other guys, and allows DT to get open.

DT has the most yards after the catch. That is the biggest threat the defend, and why he get the attention he does.
                      Big Orange Nation, college home of PFM :thumb: and other notable current and former Broncos

Comment

• "Fantasy" Football/Madden vs. real football
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• For all of you talking about Dez Bryant's rant on the sidelines, have you heard the audio? He wasn't calling Tony a punk or anything, it was all strategy talk.

Dez and DT are very similar receivers. I think Dez looks better only because there isn't as much talent on that team as ours. I do agree that DT needs to get more physical with DB's, set the tone. Heck, I would love to see some offensive pass interference calls on him and him standing over the little punk that tried to stop him, haha!!! He will figure it out, I mean the guy works all off season with Calvin Johnson. You know Calvin is calling him saying push people around more.
                          sigpic

Comment

• I would take DT over Dez everytime, DT doesn't seem to be all out of it like Dez, DT seems like a nice level headed kid? And a great player! He is one of my favorite Broncos.

" Only winners get wings! "

Comment

• DT may have been instructed to play it safe and live for another down when necessary. If you go back to his rookie season, he had that aggressive demeanor. He was spinning around, hurdling over, and rumbling through defenders. Guess what? He ended up spending more time with the medical staff than he did on the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by simplistickhaos View Post
                                For all of you talking about Dez Bryant's rant on the sidelines, have you heard the audio? He wasn't calling Tony a punk or anything, it was all strategy talk.

Dez and DT are very similar receivers. I think Dez looks better only because there isn't as much talent on that team as ours. I do agree that DT needs to get more physical with DB's, set the tone. Heck, I would love to see some offensive pass interference calls on him and him standing over the little punk that tried to stop him, haha!!! He will figure it out, I mean the guy works all off season with Calvin Johnson. You know Calvin is calling him saying push people around more.
                                Have you heard the audio on the second one? No....neither have I, but that is the one that garnered everyones attention. The first one was no big deal and it was apparent by the reaction (or lack there of) from the coaches and Romo. The second one was what drew the reactions and its clear there was an issue.
                                You dont need to defend the guy, hes not being picked on. Hes a great talent....

I would take either one on my team and be thrilled to have them, but I prefer DT myself and reactions like he drew from teammates (Witten and Ware) are a big reason why. To me it seems like he loses focus, and im not sure I would trust him at all times.

Comment

Working...
                                X