No announcement yet.

Runningback break Down- Going Forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got curious about Anderson and found this...

"In fact, Anderson outperformed Ball at the 2013 NFL combine. Anderson posted better results in the vertical leap, the bench press, the broad jump and, most importantly, the 40-yard dash. Anderson ran the 40 in 4.53 seconds, while Ball ran it in 4.66."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...t-running-back

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
      Let's hope they don't bring Hillman back, he hasn't really done anything to earn being activated. Hillman got deactivated because he is a liability & never really made the big play everyone expexted from him. CJ can be that same change of pace back that everyone expected Hillman to be. CJ is explosive just like Hillman, CJ has burst just like Hillman. The coaches are not just gonna deactivate him because they think Hillman has learned his lesson. CJ will keep earning carries as time goes on ,just as long as he don't start turning the ball over & there is nothing to prove he has a problem with that or will.
      While I agree with most of your post, I do not think CJ provides the same threat to get outside as Hillman. CJ is a 5'8' 225 power back that runs a 4.6, while Hillman is 5'10" 195 (after gaining weight this season) that runs a 4.45. Not saying we should bring him back, just highlighting the differences. I think Knowshon, Ball & CJ are all similar backs. After spending a 3 on Hillman, they will probably give him another chance imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hanzo the Razor View Post
        Got curious about Anderson and found this...

"In fact, Anderson outperformed Ball at the 2013 NFL combine. Anderson posted better results in the vertical leap, the bench press, the broad jump and, most importantly, the 40-yard dash. Anderson ran the 40 in 4.53 seconds, while Ball ran it in 4.66."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...t-running-back
        Interesting, good find. Wonder why he was undrafted? Here is the source for my 4.6 number.
        http://www.californiagoldenblogs.com...hony-cal-bears

Comment

I think at least give CJ some time to see what you have. For me the fumbling by Hillman negate's bringing him back. It really started in the pre season & I feel the coaches gave him time to clean it up. I do agree with you on the point we shouldn't have been running him on the goal line. Let's see how CJ progresses though.

Comment

The Bronco coaching staff is one of the best at working with young players to develop them. They won't give up on anyone. This can be seen during the season so far when a guy will have a bad play, and then given another opportunity later in the same game.

If Hillman is inactive for a while, he has the example of Knowshon Moreno who was an exemplary player with a great attitude during his period of inactivity last year. Work hard, practice well and the opportunity will come.

The Broncos have built their offense with extra depth at RB, TE, DL and DB for a deep playoff run.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
              The Bronco coaching staff is one of the best at working with young players to develop them. They won't give up on anyone. This can be seen during the season so far when a guy will have a bad play, and then given another opportunity later in the same game.

If Hillman is inactive for a while, he has the example of Knowshon Moreno who was an exemplary player with a great attitude during his period of inactivity last year. Work hard, practice well and the opportunity will come.

The Broncos have built their offense with extra depth at RB, TE, DL and DB for a deep playoff run.
              Good point, but what if the three backs we have active all keep playing well? Would there be merit in bringing Hillman back? Do you see us having four active backs?

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                Good point, but what if the three backs we have active all keep playing well? Would there be merit in bringing Hillman back? Do you see us having four active backs?
                Not for one game. Ball has been playing STs, and CJ could, too. Doubt what Hillman's contribution to STs might be. There may be a time when one of the RBs just needs a week off from getting banged up. That might be Moreno the crazy way he's been playing football lately.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Not for one game. Ball has been playing STs, and CJ could, too. Doubt what Hillman's contribution to STs might be. There may be a time when one of the RBs just needs a week off from getting banged up. That might be Moreno the crazy way he's been playing football lately.
                  True, we have been lucky so far that there have been no injuries in the RB category. Cross fingers.

Comment

I think starting 4 active RB's would depend on two factors.

1. The depth we have left active at our O-line and D-Line (AKA how badly injured are we there)
                    2. The condition of our best three RB's going into games
                    - I'm thinking the 2012 playoff's were a tough lesson for our coaches we went into the game light in the RB front
                    - our depth this year is much better though

Comment

In my opinion, I think you keep Hillman benched until you see what you have with Anderson. Once his ability is better understood, you can start rotating Hillman back in here and there so he doesn't get rusty in case (God forbid) Moreno or one of the other 'backs is injured.

Comment

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet but I came across this while reading a Fantasy Football article:

Ball's 30 snaps played Sunday surpassed the total number of snaps he played in the previous four games combined (27). While that might sound good, Ball was on the field for 14 of Peyton Manning's pass attempts. Manning completed just 42.9 percent of those 14 attempts. While Knowshon Moreno was on the field, Manning completed 20 of 22 attempts (90.9 percent). It doesn't take a math whiz to figure out the Denver Broncos' offense is more effective with Moreno than Ball.

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/...fantasy-owners

Comment

Originally posted by Maharishineo View Post
                          I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet but I came across this while reading a Fantasy Football article:

Ball's 30 snaps played Sunday surpassed the total number of snaps he played in the previous four games combined (27). While that might sound good, Ball was on the field for 14 of Peyton Manning's pass attempts. Manning completed just 42.9 percent of those 14 attempts. While Knowshon Moreno was on the field, Manning completed 20 of 22 attempts (90.9 percent). It doesn't take a math whiz to figure out the Denver Broncos' offense is more effective with Moreno than Ball.

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football/...fantasy-owners
                          Ball is coming along, what people have to remember is, this isn't no ordinary offense that some rookie can just come in & get a grasp for. By seasons end barring injury he will be making plays.

Comment

I didn't come in here to criticize Montee. I'm rooting for him. But that was an extremely alarming statistic. You make a fair point but he's not even running the ball well.

Being that Moreno's been pretty injury prone, the odds are pretty good that at some point this season the rest of the stable is going to have to take his load and none of them have shown the ability to do so.

He might be able to get there; most everybody wrote off Moreno and now he's a player I'm worried about losing. But that doesn't always happen, and that took years, not the better part of a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Maharishineo View Post
                              I didn't come in here to criticize Montee. I'm rooting for him. But that was an extremely alarming statistic. You make a fair point but he's not even running the ball well.

Being that Moreno's been pretty injury prone, the odds are pretty good that at some point this season the rest of the stable is going to have to take his load and none of them have shown the ability to do so.

He might be able to get there; most everybody wrote off Moreno and now he's a player I'm worried about losing. But that doesn't always happen, and that took years, not the better part of a season.
                              I agree that Montee has had issues this season. I posted in the first post here as well as after that about a play where Montee - IMO nearly fumbled again last game. See GIF below and I will add this to the initial post as well

Occurred in the 4th with 11:59 left until about 11:49 left.

Comment

Working...
                              X