No announcement yet.

JD Walton - Decisions..Decisions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously health is the important part of this equation. If healthy then yes he needs to be on the 53 man roster. He has starting experience, has worked with Peyton quite a bit, and when healthy is a pretty good player. When healthy he is better than our back up guards and centers right now on the roster.

Now if he hasn't fully healed up then we cannot risk him being on the 53 at this time. Our OL already looks like the walking wounded and we need healthy back ups in case one of them is to go down. Last year (and this year) we had Kuper come back too quickly and it ended up bad for him and for us as a team when he did have to play. Just don't want to see a repeat of that mistake.

Comment

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3h
      #Broncos need to make a move today with C J.D. Walton today. #Broncos did not necessarily want to release Moffitt. Still some discussions.

Vallos would be only other option IF JD is healthy.

Comment

They put Mofitt on IR and activated him.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
          They put Mofitt on IR and activated him.
          Yeah what he said

@MikeKlis 3m
          C JD Walton activated. John Moffitt on reserve/left squad list. Broncos get 5-day exemption.
          sigpic
          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 8m
            Just talked to John Moffitt. He's giving up football. Told the @DenverBroncos two days ago. "I'm ready to live a different kind of life."
            sigpic
            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Thats interesting.

Vallos and Walton are more of C's than a G.

Manny has found a home at C, and no need to move him.

Comment

Interesting that Moffit basically didn't show up for practice? really?

Moffit only played for 9 plays this year in the regular season in the Philly game.

Welcome back JD

Comment

If JD Walton and Kuper can both be healthy I am starting to like the depth of our OL. We have guys with starting experience who could step in and help us not miss much of a beat later in the season if needed. Hopefully they are actually healthy though.

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                    Interesting that Moffit basically didn't show up for practice? really?

Moffit only played for 9 plays this year in the regular season in the Philly game.

Welcome back JD
                    He's retiring
                    A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                      Thats interesting.

Vallos and Walton are more of C's than a G.

Manny has found a home at C, and no need to move him.
                      I don't know if he has found a home at center, he has made some mistakes I never saw JD make. If JD is healthy and if we are putting our best 5 on the field that would include JD.
                      A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                        I don't know if he has found a home at center, he has made some mistakes I never saw JD make. If JD is healthy and if we are putting our best 5 on the field that would include JD.
                        Thats only because of injury, they arent gonna swap C's midseason.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                          Thats only because of injury, they arent gonna swap C's midseason.

Manny has performed admirably at C.But its good to know that if he gets injured we wont miss a beat in JD.Also if we get injuries at Guard Manny can slot across and then JD could hop into C.

Comment

The most important thing is were a little more deeper at the O line which is good.....

Comment

If he is healthy then you activate him. I still would keep him as depth at this point and going forward. I believe Manny is the better player at the C position and he has graded out in the top 5 I believe. Manny was god awful at guard last year and he has made as big of a transition as I can remember in quality of play based on a position change. He is a bigger guy than JD and he holds up better at the poa in my opinion.

I would like to keep Manny their permanently going forward and if JD wants to re-sign on the cheap as depth then wonderful. JD and Clark would provide some quality depth along the oline once the starters are intact.
                              Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
                              Supporting this staff!
                              Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

Comment

Working...
                              X