Kansas City Chiefs - Denver Broncos Pre-game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas City Chiefs - Denver Broncos Pre-game

I did a little stat compilation, and the MAN(ning) owns the town of KC, owns the lease on Arrowhead, owns the Chiefs, and their fans. lol.

How's that for some PURE domination?

I don't think we have much to worry about on the 17th. History suggests that Peyton is not kind to the Chiefs or their defenses. I don't see that changing this game. It's PRIMETIME, on our home turf, in front of 77,000 of our LOUD and PROUD Broncos fans, and with a national tv audience tuned in.

I think the Broncos are gonna embarrass them! 49-21 Is my prediction.

Why? Here's my reasoning.

1.) The Broncos have the #3 rush defense and will shut down Jamaal Charles.
    2.) We got Peyton Manning
    3.) Chiefs have the #11 ranked Rushing offense.
    4.) We got Peyton Manning
    5.) Alex Smith has trouble stretching the field with the deep ball, he will dink and dunk underneath like that traditional west coast offense calls for, but he's no threat to hurt the Broncos with the deep ball.
    6.) Denver's pass defense while suspect, had a nice showing against the Redskins, and with Von Miller applying pressure to Alex Smith...it will force him into some bad decisions, not to mention Derek Wolfe, Vickerson, Williams and the other guys up front.
    7.) KC's defense hasn't played or beaten an offense like Denver's. They aren't prepared for the high speed onslaught that will take them by surprise. Not to mention, they will be exhausted in the 4th quarter. Denver will score quickly and with little difficulty.
    8) Special Teams is pretty even...2 of the best punters in the league going head to head in the Colquitt Brothers. Holliday is electric, McCluster provides a spark for the Chiefs, Prater is solid, Succop is ok. Special teams will be a big part to watch in this game...definitely poised for fireworks!
    9.) Did I mention we have Peyton Manning?

In closing, I expect pretty much what we've seen out of Denver in the first half, they will struggle early, get off to a slow/uninspiring start, and this will be a tie/close ball game at halftime (I say 17-14, perhaps 20-17 at the half), and then midway through the 3rd, Denver will explode for big points and run away with it.

discuss.
    Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

Ill bring up an old wound and say stats mean nothing considering how many games he won in Indy...

LOL, ouch why did I throw salt in my own open wound?

Good analysis, but I hope people don't forget we play the Chargers next, and need to win that one too.

All I really want though is a win on February 2, 2014 in New Jersey.
    Last edited by 100%Broncoholic; 11-02-2013, 01:57 AM.
    sigpic
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Originally posted by Safety View Post
      I did a little stat compilation, and the MAN(ning) owns the town of KC, owns the lease on Arrowhead, owns the Chiefs, and their fans. lol.

How's that for some PURE domination?

I don't think we have much to worry about on the 17th. History suggests that Peyton is not kind to the Chiefs or their defenses. I don't see that changing this game. It's PRIMETIME, on our home turf, in front of 77,000 of our LOUD and PROUD Broncos fans, and with a national tv audience tuned in.

I think the Broncos are gonna embarrass them! 49-21 Is my prediction.

Why? Here's my reasoning.

1.) The Broncos have the #3 rush defense and will shut down Jamaal Charles.
      2.) We got Peyton Manning
      3.) Chiefs have the #11 ranked Rushing offense.
      4.) We got Peyton Manning
      5.) Alex Smith has trouble stretching the field with the deep ball, he will dink and dunk underneath like that traditional west coast offense calls for, but he's no threat to hurt the Broncos with the deep ball.
      6.) Denver's pass defense while suspect, had a nice showing against the Redskins, and with Von Miller applying pressure to Alex Smith...it will force him into some bad decisions, not to mention Derek Wolfe, Vickerson, Williams and the other guys up front.
      7.) KC's defense hasn't played or beaten an offense like Denver's. They aren't prepared for the high speed onslaught that will take them by surprise. Not to mention, they will be exhausted in the 4th quarter. Denver will score quickly and with little difficulty.
      8) Special Teams is pretty even...2 of the best punters in the league going head to head in the Colquitt Brothers. Holliday is electric, McCluster provides a spark for the Chiefs, Prater is solid, Succop is ok. Special teams will be a big part to watch in this game...definitely poised for fireworks!
      9.) Did I mention we have Peyton Manning?

In closing, I expect pretty much what we've seen out of Denver in the first half, they will struggle early, get off to a slow/uninspiring start, and this will be a tie/close ball game at halftime (I say 17-14, perhaps 20-17 at the half), and then midway through the 3rd, Denver will explode for big points and run away with it.

discuss.
      Personally I think you're giving KC too much credit ... I doubt very much they'll be able to put up that many points against what appears to be a Broncos defense that seems to have found themselves. I'm thinking more like 24-3 first half and most likely 45-17 Broncos final.

And 100% Broncoholic is absolutely right, lets not lose sight of the Chargers ... Phillip Rivers is playing some pretty good football right now.

Comment

So, throw for 3 tds and NOT get greedy or we lose like in '04. Got it.
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

No average team at home worries me, we should smash them.

The big game will be at arrowhead. I am confident but you never know on the road, and they will be fired up.

Comment

To get a true measure if one wants to use stats would be to look at Peyton vs Andy Reid coached teams, namely the Eagles. Then look at how he has performed against their defensive coordinator (can't remember his name). Those will be the telling stats.

Comment

I personally think that the only way we are putting up 45 on the Chiefs is if we are giving up over 30. I think a 27-13 type of score is we will see with the Broncos winning of course. I could be a long game though if we block KC like we blocked the Colts. That front for KC is scary good.
              res ipsa loquitur

Comment

KC is overrated. They aren't a bad team, but the best team they've beaten is Dallas. They beat: Jacksonville, Oakland, Houston (who's played like garbage recently), Tennessee (without Locker), Cleveland, Philly, Dallas, and the Giants. Not impressed.
                sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

IMHO we will beat the Chiefs. However, what happened in the past between teams that now have different personnel, coaching, and schemes means next to nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                    KC is overrated. They aren't a bad team, but the best team they've beaten is Dallas. They beat: Jacksonville, Oakland, Houston (who's played like garbage recently), Tennessee (without Locker), Cleveland, Philly, Dallas, and the Giants. Not impressed.
                    I am not trying to be a jerk but by your logic you are not impressed by our season. If that is the case I applaud you for being consistent. I however disagree.
                    res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Originally posted by CoronaCalBronco View Post
                      I personally think that the only way we are putting up 45 on the Chiefs is if we are giving up over 30. I think a 27-13 type of score is we will see with the Broncos winning of course. I could be a long game though if we block KC like we blocked the Colts. That front for KC is scary good.
                      They had 1 or 2 sacks vs Cle.

If Franklin is healthy, i think the line can do pretty decent vs them.

Some of the stats are scewed because of a 10-sack game vs the Raiders who had 3rd-4th stringers on the OL.

It's a good line but nothing we havent faced before IE Baltimore who has just as good if not a better front.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                        They had 1 or 2 sacks vs Cle.

If Franklin is healthy, i think the line can do pretty decent vs them.

Some of the stats are scewed because of a 10-sack game vs the Raiders who had 3rd-4th stringers on the OL.

It's a good line but nothing we havent faced before IE Baltimore who has just as good if not a better front.
                        I agree somewhat with what you are saying. I split the Sunday ticket with a guy that is a Chiefs fan so I have watched every Chiefs snap over the last decade and this team really is good... are they unstoppable? NO. What I was trying to say is that if the D plays a bit better we wont be pedal to the metal all the time. We will run the ball more, and check down more. This will mean less opportunities for BOTH sides hence a lower overall score.
                        res ipsa loquitur

Comment

I am not trying to be a jerk but by your logic you are not impressed by our season. If that is the case I applaud you for being consistent. I however disagree.
                          We've had an easy schedule too, but we're proven. We went 13-3 last year and nearly went to the AFC Championship. KC is playing on a last place schedule. Besides, we've blown out a lot of teams this year. Closest game we had this year that we won was against Dallas. Every other team we beat was by at minimum 16 points. We're proven. KC is not.
                          sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                          Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

I agree somewhat with what you are saying. I split the Sunday ticket with a guy that is a Chiefs fan so I have watched every Chiefs snap over the last decade and this team really is good... are they unstoppable? NO. What I was trying to say is that if the D plays a bit better we wont be pedal to the metal all the time. We will run the ball more, and check down more. This will mean less opportunities for BOTH sides hence a lower overall score.
                            They're good on defense, sure, but the offense, they are what they are.

Run with Charles, a few deep passes, a LOT of dumpoff passes, mostly 5-15 yard passes.

They arent the 2000 Ravens the way some like to think they are.

On that same note if we force them to punt, could lead to a Holliday return and/or more chances on offense to keep putting points on the board.

They're in close games every freaking week with backup QB's.
                            Last edited by ERoyal248; 11-02-2013, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Denver have played AT Dallas, AT Indy, and at home to the SB Champs.

KC have played Dallas, at home...... which is a far different game them in the Dallas dome

Comment

Working...
                              X