Getting A Jersey Autographed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting A Jersey Autographed?

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas how to get my Champ Bailey jersey signed? I've had it a few years and always figured maybe someday I'd finally make the pilgrimage from Canada to a game and get lucky enough for Champ to sign it. Unfortunately you never know if that will happen before he retires. I've heard the PR department for some teams can usually make the arrangements if you provide the money for return shipping. Is that true or am I unlikely to get the autograph?

I don't know about the PR department thing, but the best luck I have had with autographs is at training camp, especially if you are trying for a specific person.

Comment

I have a new authentic nike jersey of Manning. I would love to get that signed. I also have a mini helmet that has Elways sig on it that I would love Manning to sign as well.
      Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Hey Canuck!

There's two ways to get your jersey signed, but neither are guaranteed.

1. Pay for seats by one of the tunnels the team uses, and hope that he will stop and sign it on his way in or out to the field. Probably need to be kinda hanging there with the jersey and pen, and hope he stops…..

2. Be one of the hundreds waiting before or after the game by the players parking lot on the South end of the stadium. Maybe he'd stop and sign for you.

I don't do either of those things, so I cannot say how much success you might have, but it seems the odds are long to me.

As for sending it, sure you can try that.

mail it to;

Champ Bailey
        ℅ The Denver Broncos
        1701 Bryant Street
        Denver, Colo. 80204

They will get it to him, but that's it for their obligation. They will not ask him to sign and return it to you.

You need to include a way for him to send it back to you, and make it easy for him. Another package, with prepaid postage, that he can just drop it into, and send it off.

Include a nice letter. Champ gets paid to sign, and you want a freebie.

Then wait, and hope.

You might get it back in a few weeks with a sweet auto. You might get it back next year in the same condition you sent it, with a form letter, with a stamped auto, thanking you for your interest in Champ, but explaining why he cannot sign the 2,000 item that are sent to him each week.

You might never see it again.

If I/you/anyone could just send something to the team, and always get it back signed, they would need a building bigger than the stadium to deal with the volume of mail they would get.

And players like Peyton & Champ would never have time to even play.

Flying to Denver and hoping for auto sounds expensive…

Sending it has it's risks, but is probably your best option.

I sent a card to Rod Smith and asked for an auto years ago. I got it, signed, about a year and half later. You might get lucky. I have read may stories of people sending off items of all kinds, jerseys, cards, hockey sticks, balls, helmets, you name it, to players and getting very nice personal autographs in return, Some are fast, some are slow, some never sign for anyone.

You could look at Sportscardforums.com. They have IP (in person) and TTM (Thru the mail) sections. I haven't been there in a long time, and no idea if they discussed Champ, but it might be worth a look. In some cases there, they even have players address' listed, and insider tips on better success for individual players.

There's a whole "industry" (isn't the right word) for TTM and IP autographs. Message boards, etc. A little research there is in order if you want to send your jersey away to be signed.

Comment

Your safest bet is to buy a signed jersey though the team store when it comes out. They had some sweet TD signed jerseys a while back... I am sure at some point some Champ jerseys will be there. If I didn't actually SEE the player sign it, this would be the only way I would go.
          res ipsa loquitur

Comment

My niece got an autograph from Peyton a week ago. She sent him a letter, a picture of herself and a congrats card a week after the Ravens game.

Team Broncos!
            2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

I saw a kid with a football on a string at the tunnel by the south parking lot. As players came in he slowly rolled it down (with a sharpie attached) and most players stopped to sign it. It was brilliant!

Not sure how that story helps though...hope you can meet him and get it signed. To me the auto is 1000x better when you met the person.

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn View Post
                Hey Canuck!

There's two ways to get your jersey signed, but neither are guaranteed.

1. Pay for seats by one of the tunnels the team uses, and hope that he will stop and sign it on his way in or out to the field. Probably need to be kinda hanging there with the jersey and pen, and hope he stops…..

2. Be one of the hundreds waiting before or after the game by the players parking lot on the South end of the stadium. Maybe he'd stop and sign for you.

I don't do either of those things, so I cannot say how much success you might have, but it seems the odds are long to me.

As for sending it, sure you can try that.

mail it to;

Champ Bailey
                ℅ The Denver Broncos
                1701 Bryant Street
                Denver, Colo. 80204

They will get it to him, but that's it for their obligation. They will not ask him to sign and return it to you.

You need to include a way for him to send it back to you, and make it easy for him. Another package, with prepaid postage, that he can just drop it into, and send it off.

Include a nice letter. Champ gets paid to sign, and you want a freebie.

Then wait, and hope.

You might get it back in a few weeks with a sweet auto. You might get it back next year in the same condition you sent it, with a form letter, with a stamped auto, thanking you for your interest in Champ, but explaining why he cannot sign the 2,000 item that are sent to him each week.

You might never see it again.

If I/you/anyone could just send something to the team, and always get it back signed, they would need a building bigger than the stadium to deal with the volume of mail they would get.

And players like Peyton & Champ would never have time to even play.

Flying to Denver and hoping for auto sounds expensive…

Sending it has it's risks, but is probably your best option.

I sent a card to Rod Smith and asked for an auto years ago. I got it, signed, about a year and half later. You might get lucky. I have read may stories of people sending off items of all kinds, jerseys, cards, hockey sticks, balls, helmets, you name it, to players and getting very nice personal autographs in return, Some are fast, some are slow, some never sign for anyone.

You could look at Sportscardforums.com. They have IP (in person) and TTM (Thru the mail) sections. I haven't been there in a long time, and no idea if they discussed Champ, but it might be worth a look. In some cases there, they even have players address' listed, and insider tips on better success for individual players.

There's a whole "industry" (isn't the right word) for TTM and IP autographs. Message boards, etc. A little research there is in order if you want to send your jersey away to be signed.

That would be crazy to just send in all your stuff to the team and have players mail you back stuff every day. But yea, the easiest way would probably be to just go there before or after the game and see him go in the stadium or leave after the game. Also, I know when I was like 15, downtown by the bars, Champ would be there and 1 time I got a pic with him outside 1 of them I've had him sign some stuff before though, so its not too hard.
                :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by GoManning View Post
                  My niece got an autograph from Peyton a week ago. She sent him a letter, a picture of herself and a congrats card a week after the Ravens game.

That is just awesome. I sent a letter and a photo I took of him at training camp last year, but it was returned unsigned. I think it was just bad timing since it was during ota's. Did she send it to the address above?

Comment

^
                    We used this address.

Peyton Manning
                    Denver Broncos Football Club
                    13655 Broncos Parkway
                    Englewood, CO 80112
                    Team Broncos!
                    2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

Thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoManning View Post

nice!! so jealous of your niece!
                        sigpic

Comment

I would never send a jersey to a player to be signed. Anything you send in, you should be prepared never to see again.

There is a business called Denver Autographs that does a number of signing sessions with Broncos players and they have hosted Champ Bailey before. Perhaps he will do a signing again in the near future and then you can send in your jersey to them and be sure it will get signed and returned. Good luck!

Their website is Denverautographs.com

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoCanuck View Post
                            Just wondering if anyone has any ideas how to get my Champ Bailey jersey signed? I've had it a few years and always figured maybe someday I'd finally make the pilgrimage from Canada to a game and get lucky enough for Champ to sign it. Unfortunately you never know if that will happen before he retires. I've heard the PR department for some teams can usually make the arrangements if you provide the money for return shipping. Is that true or am I unlikely to get the autograph?
                            I doubt you would be able to accomplish this. However, I would send an email to the guest relations department and see what they have to say before you go mailing anything off, that you might not get back.
                            Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

Comment

Here's how I got my Peyton autograph, but even this is not guaranteed. My wife and I flew to Indy from Las Vegas for the Broncos/Colts game and we found out what Hotel the players were staying at (the Alexander Hotel in Indy) and waited five hours for the players to come out. We stood behind a roped line waiting, a small crowd started to form. We were about 100 feet away from the exit and the bus and couldn't get closer due to police and security. As they exited, no one even looked our way, the players would walk out from the hotel and head straight to the bus, needless to say we were all bummed out. Then out comes Peyton and walks out to the crowd and starts to sign stuff, it was surreal, the most awesome thing ever. My wife asked him to sign her jersey but he said not if it's on you and skips us, so then she takes it off and he then signs it on his way back. He signed a few helmets, jerseys but he couldn't sign everyone's stuff or it would've taken hours. Our jersey was the last thing he signed so we got lucky that Peyton is such a class act. I plan on using this same strategy next week in San Diego, wish me luck.
                              Yeah I followed PFM from the Colts, so what...

Comment

Working...
                              X