• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perseverance........

Comment

• Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
      Random stat of the day:

The Broncos reached the eight-game mark tied for the league lead in interceptions (13, tied with the Seahawks) and leading the league in passes defensed (68).
      And people were claiming this defense is horrible.:thumb:
      :logo:Super Bowl Bound! AGAIN!! :smash:

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        John Elway and John Fox have put together an organization that doesn't rely solely on one person in any area. This model is being put to the test in ways never imagined. Depth on the roster has been challenged, and has met the challenge so far. The front office was handicapped during preseason and at the start of the regular season when important decisions and moves had to be made, and they performed well. Now, the coaching staff must rally in John Fox's absence. I think JDR will hold course and the players will focus on the task at hand. The weekly procedure is well established at this point. Concentrating on working will get the team through these challenges.
        Very well put Sam, couldn't agree with you more. They have really built a "committee" approach to this thing. Eager for Sunday to see where we stand!

Comment

• Broncoslover, YOU ARE A WORRY WART.

Of course we will. We are going to stomp anyone who gets in our way.
          sigpic
          Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
          2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
          2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by Nuts4koi View Post
            And people were claiming this defense is horrible.:thumb:
            Hey, I was one, and I am still not convinced, but they certainly have been doing better the last game or two. That is all I can ask for is they keep improving.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
              The whole team has to be playing well to win a championship, and it doesn't matter when they are doing it during the season, so long as they do it in the playoffs. The Ravens and Giants have proven you can lose a lot of games late in a season and still win in the playoffs.
              Neither had a top ten defense either.

Comment

• Just about every Super Bowl won in the past ten years had either an elite QB (Manning, Brees, Brady, Rodgers) or a QB that played at the elite level in the playoffs (Eli, Flacco).

Defense wins championships was true in the old days of the NFL but the rules have been changed so much to favor offenses that it just can't hold true anymore. I agree that you need some kind of competent defense to win, but the margin between defenses that win doesn't seem that huge.

I mean, the Ravens defense last year wasn't even close to the Niners defense... but Flacco managed to play a better game than Kaepernick and that was that.

Comment

• Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                  Broncoslover, YOU ARE A WORRY WART.

Of course we will. We are going to stomp anyone who gets in our way.
                  Hey, put up your dukes. LOL!

I know we can and will. No worries on my end. We are a tough team though and I like your attitude.
                  Last edited by broncoslover115; 11-06-2013, 05:37 PM.
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by Hanzo the Razor View Post
                    Just about every Super Bowl won in the past ten years had either an elite QB (Manning, Brees, Brady, Rodgers) or a QB that played at the elite level in the playoffs (Eli, Flacco).

Defense wins championships was true in the old days of the NFL but the rules have been changed so much to favor offenses that it just can't hold true anymore. I agree that you need some kind of competent defense to win, but the margin between defenses that win doesn't seem that huge.

I mean, the Ravens defense last year wasn't even close to the Niners defense... but Flacco managed to play a better game than Kaepernick and that was that.
                    Well, and they got some help from the refs on that last play.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X