No announcement yet.

Interim Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loll how do you not laugh a lil picturing John Elway with a headset on shocking everyone by taking over as HC

Comment

I vote me.

I should be coach.

Make it happen.

Comment

I see people dismissing Elway but think about it who better to rally around during this ordeal? Who has bounced backed and led teams to superbowl victories? Who would players look up to?....I'm not saying he's gonna call plays or anything close to that, he's just gonna be the face and inspire...there's no need to throw this on delrio he needs to focus on the defense

Comment

Jack Del-Rio

Praying for John Fox and a speedy recovery. Love the coach and havent had a coach with so much passion like fox in a long time. Hoping for the best.

If jack del rio is named the hc which everything is pointing towards yes. Aswell as it making the most sense. Then who takes over the denfese? Or more like who becomes the d cordinator? I feel with jack at the helm will become an even more hot name come season end more then he already was. I feel will be a little more agressive and maybe pound the ball more. But overall don't see many if any changes from the o. I am concerd about the d though and the focus jack can maintain doing basically two task! Thoughts?

Comment

JDR will remain the defensive play caller. He's done this before for a long time so there's no reason to change
            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

I think that theres already threads on this same subject...lemme check....yep, yep there is.
              sigpic

Comment

JDR will probably get the job since he has about 9yrs of HC experience, Coach Stud would be the other option.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                  JDR will probably get the job since he has about 9yrs of HC experience, Coach Stud would be the other option.
                  They're definitely the two obvious and most likely choices. I wonder if going with Studesville would be more beneficial? It'd keep JDR's workload as it is, and Studesville may not have 9 years of HC experience, but he does have experience of being thrown into the fire as an interim.

I went to bed last night and the news seemed that Fox was going to be fine, it's a shame that he isn't going to be on the sideline for a while, but I think they can continue to play well in his absence.

Comment

Originally posted by Hesky View Post
                    They're definitely the two obvious and most likely choices. I wonder if going with Studesville would be more beneficial? It'd keep JDR's workload as it is, and Studesville may not have 9 years of HC experience, but he does have experience of being thrown into the fire as an interim.

I went to bed last night and the news seemed that Fox was going to be fine, it's a shame that he isn't going to be on the sideline for a while, but I think they can continue to play well in his absence.
                    Yeah part of me think Coach Studesville would be a better option because his plate wouldn't be as full as JDRs. I actually liked Coach Studesville as our Interim HC a few years back, and I thought he deserved to be interviewed for the HC job when it was vacant, so i'm more than fine with him being the IHC again.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think my vote would be for coach Studesville. The players seem to really like him and I just am not a fan of coaches pulling double duty on game day with playing head coach and play calling one side of the field. Del Rio just finally has almost all of his pieces back on defense and I would rather see him fully focused towards making sure that side of the ball gets back on track.

Comment

Though JDR is the obvious choice i would leave him to work on the defence all the way to the play-offs.

Comment

It will be someone from within the origination as no outsider would know the system. There are really only two choices; Gase or Del Rio with Del Rio having 9 years experience as HC.
                          sigpic

Comment

Eric Studdeville?
                            Denver Broncos
                            New York Yankees
                            New York Knicks
                            Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

My guess is Del Rio would get the nod. But, wouldn't be surprised if they give Studsville a larger role so Del Rio can still concentrate on defense.

Comment

Does Our Team Look Any Different With Del Rio or Gase In Charge?

Let me start by also adding my name to the list of people who wish John Fox all the best in his recovery and I hope to see him back on the sidelines asap. Having said that, let's discuss the reality. I would assume the interim coach will be Del Rio, possibly Gase, but I think unlikely. My question is does this change how our team plays? I don't recall much of Del Rio's offensive tendencies from Jacksonville but I think he likes the pound the rock does he not? I guess though the same could be said of John Fox when he was in Carolina. Do you folks think Fox not being in charge changes anything or will Del Rio simply call all the defensive plays and Gase the offensive ones? There's also a third coach to help out too, Peyton. My personal view is it changes very little and Fox has a great staff in place. I wonder though if Del Rio would be one to gamble a bit more than Fox? Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X