Interim Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I vote Samparnell!! And Madfanatic to give the pre-game video/inspiration speech.
    I approve this message

Comment

I hate to see this happen to Fox, but I see this as a call to rise for the whole team. I see the whole team stepping up here.

Comment

Originally posted by capt. Jack View Post
        Give JDR 5 years 15 mill. Right now! I doubt Fox comes back.
        When he gets better he does not need the stress of coaching in the NFL!
        I think we have to come to reality a little bit!
        You have a very valid point about him not needing it. But my guess is he wants it. It's what he does. John Fox is a football coach. Sure he could go on TV. He's witty, funny, knowledgeable, but that is something he could have done when he was fired in Carolina.

Unless they discover a bigger issue, I would be surprised if he retired. Take Pagano in Indy as an example. One could easily argue he faced bigger obstacles than Fox, even though both faced potential life/death issues, yet he's there coaching today. I doubt he "needs the stress of coaching in the NFL". I doubt anyone needs that type of stress, but some want that type of stress. Some would love to have that type of job. I know I would.

Comment

That is an easy one. Jack Del Rio should be able to step in and take his place without a hiccup.
          sigpic
          Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
          2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
          2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Studesville as interim makes sense for a team not going to the playoffs. Only I repeat only Del Rio makes sense for this team. Book it. It's already done.

sigpic
            \

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
              JDR will remain the defensive play caller. He's done this before for a long time so there's no reason to change
              Yep, Payton does the same thing with the Saints, as does Rex.

Both call the plays on O/D, and are HC's.

Comment

I don't know enough about Studesville to offer much of an opinion supporting him, or going against him as a interim head coach.

I do know enough about Del Rio, to where I would be comfortable with him in that position. He consistently gave the Colts fits with lesser rosters and outcoached Dungy and Caldwell more than once.

He's at risk at leaving after any given year because teams are always turning over their staffs. If it were my call I'd give it to Del Rio and that is not a knock against Studesville or any other member of the staff.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                  It will be someone from within the origination as no outsider would know the system. There are really only two choices; Gase or Del Rio with Del Rio having 9 years experience as HC.
                  I can't imagine Gase even being an option. This is his 1st time ever being an offensive Co-ordinator and I just can see him being our IHC.
                  sigpic

Comment

Damn, who will I blame now if we lose in the playoffs?

Comment

JDR steps up & let's Gase focus on what him & Manning do. I've listened to the network & Espn all morning talk about how this was going to effect the Broncos. I know some people don't believe in this or like this word, but I think this will INSPIRE this team. This will inspire the Broncos in a simular manner in which Pagano inspired the Colts last year.

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                        JDR steps up & let's Gase focus on what him & Manning do. I've listened to the network & Espn all morning talk about how this was going to effect the Broncos. I know some people don't believe in this or like this word, but I think this will INSPIRE this team. This will inspire the Broncos in a simular manner in which Pagano inspired the Colts last year.
                        I've heard them all say that they don't think this will really impact us at all. With the exception of Keyshawn Johnson. It is really obvious week after week that he can't stand the Broncos and PM. His dislike almost spews out of him.
                        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Sadly, DelRio will only increase the number of stupid mistakes we make in a game. The guy is a bad influence on team "composure"

Comment

I would vote for Gase then Studesville. The D can nut up and take responsibility for being too weak through 8 weeks. They need to keep working. Manning will run the offense, while Gase runs the team. Studesville is option 2 in my books, as Fox SB ready for the playoffs anyway.
                            2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
                              Damn, who will I blame now if we lose in the playoffs?
                              Ugh i knew someone would use that excuse.I hope fox gets back soon so you guys cant use that as an excuse when you lose if you do that is. If im right fox wont be able to fly anywhere or drive himself around for like 4 months. My grandma had a bypass done amd they said she couldnt lift anything more than a loaf of bread amd couldnt drive and nothing that would cause stitches to pull out such like a plane landing. Ribs have to be given plenty of time to heal. Again im not a doctor but thats my guess from what I seen with my grandma. I dont know what there exactly doing with fox. But I wish him a speedy recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefsfan1981 View Post
                                Ugh i knew someone would use that excuse.I hope fox gets back soon so you guys cant use that as an excuse when you lose if you do that is. If im right fox wont be able to fly anywhere or drive himself around for like 4 months. My grandma had a bypass done amd they said she couldnt lift anything more than a loaf of bread amd couldnt drive and nothing that would cause stitches to pull out such like a plane landing. Ribs have to be given plenty of time to heal. Again im not a doctor but thats my guess from what I seen with my grandma. I dont know what there exactly doing with fox. But I wish him a speedy recovery.
                                He's not having bypass but an aorta valve replacement with a
                                1-2 month recovery. They had a heart surgeon on Countdown and said he could be back in time for the playoffs.
                                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                                X