No announcement yet.

Interim Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not a difficult decision in my view. Del Rio will be both DC and HC, until Fox returns. I don't think they'll miss a beat. It's not like Fox is the mastermind behind the Broncos, like say Bellicheck is with the Patriots.

Klis thinks it's a done deal and doesn't even mention Studesville:
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...hn-fox-broncos
    Last edited by KoolBreeze; 11-03-2013, 01:35 PM.
    ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

Amazing we can't even escape "injuries" during the bye week...

Hope all goes well with Fox though.

Comment

I don't think Studs has a chance nor do i think he should. It was a much different situation when he took over before as interim during the year we were overhauling our coaching staff. Now we have JDR an experienced head coach along with Gase who has been doing a pretty good job as OC. No way Studs leap frogs both of them nor should he imo. Not too mention I would rather studs stay working with our backs. We have very young core of backs who have had some issues this year. I think he needs to stay where he is at. JDR should get the nod imo. He has the experience and I think the problems in Jac were as much about the talent on the team as anything. Look how they have done without him. My choice would be JDR. Although Gase would not be a bad idea either in my opinion cause you have the added advantage of having the best Coach on the field running our offense already at qb. But I give JDR the nod. Also, I think if we should win the SB, Fox is just getting Heart surgery, I could see him walking away afterward. This would be a good time to get a limited glance at how JDR would be running the team especially in critical play situations. I am very interested in seeing the next coming weeks. Again though, GET WELL SOON COACH FOX.
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Just give fox a headset and a tv in the hospital he can coach from there

Comment

Del rio it is

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/1...rim-head-coach

Comment

That link isn't working and no confirmation from the Broncos yet
              RESTORE THE ORANGE CRUSH!!!!
              :smash

LONG LIVE THE ORANGE AND BLUE!!!

Comment

Hmm, it was working a few minutes ago. I read the article which now appears to be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by KoolBreeze View Post
                  Hmm, it was working a few minutes ago. I read the article which now appears to be gone.

@MikeKlis: #Broncos expected to announce interim head coach tomorrow morning, before 8:05 a.m. full-squad meeting.

This is the latest update
                  RESTORE THE ORANGE CRUSH!!!!
                  :smash

LONG LIVE THE ORANGE AND BLUE!!!

Comment

Mile high apologized that they published it prematurely and without confirmation. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Mantheyman View Post
                      @MikeKlis: #Broncos expected to announce interim head coach tomorrow morning, before 8:05 a.m. full-squad meeting.

This is the latest update
                      That may be and maybe they jumped the gun and decided to pull it, but the link Peyton_&_Elifan posted was valid earlier and named Del Rio as the new interim HC.

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton&Eli_fan View Post
                        Mile high apologized that they published it prematurely and without confirmation. Sorry.
                        So they didn't retrack it, just said they shouldn't spilled the beans, basically. But we knew it anyway. Del Rio will be named the interim coach, book it.

Comment

I really like Del Rio as Interim HC, as soon as it is confirmed. When it is confirmed, I will be a very happy person.
                          D.E

Comment

MileHighReport @MileHighReport

Our report on Jack Del Rio being named interim head coach was unconfirmed and premature. Our sincere apologies. #Broncos
                            5:09 PM - 3 Nov 2013

Comment

I've been watching football all day today, and waiting for word. It will not surprise me if it gets confirmed either tomorrow or Tuesday. My fingers are crossed.
                              D.E

Comment

JDR is the obvious choice because he is probably the only assistant coach that had NFL head coaching experience with Jaguars. But all of us also have to keep in mind that Pat Bowlen, and even John Elway will make the ultimate decision and approval, since they are deciding who will be the best interim head coach to lead our Denver Broncos, during John Fox's absence.
                                :logo: :helmet: :salute: :goz:

Comment

Working...
                                X