No announcement yet.

Interim Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack will keep us heading in the right direction, if it was anyone but him I would have been shocked. Get well soon coach Fox!
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Not a surprised at all its JDR, hes done it before.

No need to hurt the offense and have Gase do too much, right move.

Comment

• I wander if he'll be in a suit & tie on the sidelines like he use too. I think he'll do an execellent job and the Broncos are fortunate he was available.
        ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by Gsam View Post
          I would have rather seen STudesville take over as HC.

Its not a knock on del rio, but our D is in need of a lot of improvement. ANYTHING that distracts Del Rio from focusing soley on the D right now is not something I want to have happen.

The second half adjustments have been very good to us this year. Looks like we are going to find out who has been doing them.
          I can answer that , Peyton Manning
          sigpic

Comment

• At first thought and hearing 'a few weeks' I figured HC could be taken on by any number of candidates

After seeing today's presser with Elway and Del Rio, I'm not so sure this will only be a few weeks.

This might be a situation where we'll have to go without Fox for significantly longer.

Having said that, I'm not too worried. JDR clearly has the respect of the team as well as the vast majority of us fans. And if there is any leadership lost between losing Fox and having JDR fill in, I'm sure Manning as well as Champ, Welker and the long list of EPIC leaders on this squad will be capable of filling the void.

This Broncos team is full of highly respected players and coaches. We are going to be ok. We're 7-1 and have a nice cushion should there be any kind of adjustment period. As possible as it is that the train could derail, I just don't see it happening - in fact - this really could be a blessing in disguise in some ways. This could re-energize our guys and even facilitate new opportunities for many to live up to. It could be an even more exciting time. They always call the season a 'grind' but when something like this happens it surely breaks up the monotony if nothing else.

It's ok to try and find the positives when the health of the person in question has become stable and appears to be on track for a full recovery.
            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• A nice cushion? We are one game back in our division and play that team in two weeks. There is no room for an adjustment period here.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Giddy'up View Post
                I can answer that , Peyton Manning
                This team clearly has a hierarchy, however, decisions seem to be made via committee. I'm sure Fox has had some input on 2nd half adjustments. I think he will be missed.

That said, I think this team has enough legs of the committee to survive an absent leg and still stand tall. Much like our defense...we can miss one or maybe two key components, but if we lose three or four, all heck broke loose.

Note, I'm not disagreeing with your statement regarding Manning, rather adding that Fox has more input that some may think. IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                  A nice cushion? We are one game back in our division and play that team in two weeks. There is no room for an adjustment period here.
                  Ya, these next four weeks are crucial. Well, in a months time, we'll know what this team is made of! Hope they rise to the challenge!

Either way,

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                    A nice cushion? We are one game back in our division and play that team in two weeks. There is no room for an adjustment period here.
                    I think he meant for at least a wild card spot. I tend to agree with you though. We have a very tough slate of 4 games coming up. 3 games on the road against SD, NE, and KC as well as a home game against KC. That tough sledding. I tend to think we can walk out of that schedule 3-1 or better.

JDR was a decent coach in Jax with bad personel. I can only assume he will be a great coach with our personel. Go Broncos!

Get well soon Foxy!
                    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

• JDR is going to be a hot commodity for team's this offseason. This little interim job is only going to amplify it, it'll be hard for us to retain him for next year.

Comment

• I'm sure Coach Del Rio will do a fantastic job and will keep the guys in check.

Nothing but the best for Coach Fox. Get well soon!
                        Team Broncos!
                        2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

• Monday

Like a Boss!
                          Team Broncos!
                          2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

• Originally posted by Gsam View Post
                            I would have rather seen STudesville take over as HC.

Its not a knock on del rio, but our D is in need of a lot of improvement. ANYTHING that distracts Del Rio from focusing soley on the D right now is not something I want to have happen.

The second half adjustments have been very good to us this year. Looks like we are going to find out who has been doing them.
                            This is exactly why I'm against him taking over coaching duties (well that and the fact that he's never been an overly good HC to begin with)

JDR has historically been horrible at half time adjustments so you can credit either fox or Manning for that I don't believe JDR had much to do with it.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              This is exactly why I'm against him taking over coaching duties (well that and the fact that he's never been an overly good HC to begin with)

JDR has historically been horrible at half time adjustments so you can credit either fox or Manning for that I don't believe JDR had much to do with it.
                              You talking about JDR?

He wasnt that bad at all in Jax, they always had good defenses and were tough.

Comment

• This team will get better Under JDR...

Watch!

Comment

Working...
                                X