Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interim Head Coach

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    At first thought and hearing 'a few weeks' I figured HC could be taken on by any number of candidates

    After seeing today's presser with Elway and Del Rio, I'm not so sure this will only be a few weeks.

    This might be a situation where we'll have to go without Fox for significantly longer.

    Having said that, I'm not too worried. JDR clearly has the respect of the team as well as the vast majority of us fans. And if there is any leadership lost between losing Fox and having JDR fill in, I'm sure Manning as well as Champ, Welker and the long list of EPIC leaders on this squad will be capable of filling the void.

    This Broncos team is full of highly respected players and coaches. We are going to be ok. We're 7-1 and have a nice cushion should there be any kind of adjustment period. As possible as it is that the train could derail, I just don't see it happening - in fact - this really could be a blessing in disguise in some ways. This could re-energize our guys and even facilitate new opportunities for many to live up to. It could be an even more exciting time. They always call the season a 'grind' but when something like this happens it surely breaks up the monotony if nothing else.

    It's ok to try and find the positives when the health of the person in question has become stable and appears to be on track for a full recovery.
    Open heart surgery? I think he is out for the rest of the season if valve surgery is anything like bypass surgery.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
      Having said that, I'm not too worried. JDR clearly has the respect of the team as well as the vast majority of us fans. And if there is any leadership lost between losing Fox and having JDR fill in, I'm sure Manning as well as Champ, Welker and the long list of EPIC leaders on this squad will be capable of filling the void.

      This Broncos team is full of highly respected players and coaches. We are going to be ok. We're 7-1 and have a nice cushion should there be any kind of adjustment period. As possible as it is that the train could derail, I just don't see it happening - in fact - this really could be a blessing in disguise in some ways. This could re-energize our guys and even facilitate new opportunities for many to live up to. It could be an even more exciting time. They always call the season a 'grind' but when something like this happens it surely breaks up the monotony if nothing else.
      Great post!

      After listening to the press conference today, it seemed that things are under control. I don't sense any panic at this point in time. As you posted, there is such a great treasure of veteran players and leaders on this team. I'm anxious to see how the players respond, and am hoping for a great second half of the season!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by southern cross View Post
        Great post!

        After listening to the press conference today, it seemed that things are under control. I don't sense any panic at this point in time. As you posted, there is such a great treasure of veteran players and leaders on this team. I'm anxious to see how the players respond, and am hoping for a great second half of the season!
        Me too. It was good hearing Elway and JDR today. I got a sense of calm and no panic. I think we are in good hands. I hope our team responds well and plays harder and with focus. No more stupid mistakes. Win for the gipper.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Dan Dan View Post
          Open heart surgery? I think he is out for the rest of the season if valve surgery is anything like bypass surgery.
          Probably more serious than a bypass. They actually replaced one the valves in his heart versus just bypassing a blockage in an artery. They hook you up to a bypass machine that pumps the blood for you and then they stop the heart from beating while the replace the valve. My step father had it done a couple years ago.
          ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

          Comment


          • The way I look at this is it is a rally cry for the entire team to get around Foxy and play their hearts out. I think they will play very hard for their downed coach and we get to enjoy the ride.
            sigpic
            Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
            2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
            2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

            Comment


            • Coach Del Rio Press
              http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...6-3a78b40f0da9
              Team Broncos!
              2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

              Comment


              • Go Broncos. :clap:
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                Comment


                • Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                  The way I look at this is it is a rally cry for the entire team to get around Foxy and play their hearts out. I think they will play very hard for their downed coach and we get to enjoy the ride.
                  If ever there were a reason to get a little more emotional, this would be it. It worked for the Colts last year; as well as the Ravens when Ray announced his retirement. I'm a firm believer in execution over emotion, but sometimes there's that loose-and-easy swagger that comes with having an emotional trigger.

                  So long as it's channeled properly, and not just energy wasted through a bunch of yelling, celebrations, etc.

                  Comment


                  • Coach Del Rio is 50. He looks great for his age. Just wanted to mention that.

                    http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...e-835fcfc9055d
                    Team Broncos!
                    2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                      If ever there were a reason to get a little more emotional, this would be it. It worked for the Colts last year; as well as the Ravens when Ray announced his retirement. I'm a firm believer in execution over emotion, but sometimes there's that loose-and-easy swagger that comes with having an emotional trigger.

                      So long as it's channeled properly, and not just energy wasted through a bunch of yelling, celebrations, etc.
                      I tend to agree with this. And not in the football cliche "win one for the Gipper" way. I think it is a time to rally the forces, redouble the efforts, and refocus on the season. It's like a wakeup call that Fox isn't here anymore, and the players can't become comfortable or smug. And to look at it from the point of view of all the bad things that have happened this season, with injuries, and now illness, and make sure to see things from a level of humilty. That the Broncos aren't the kings of the universe, and that it's going to take a helluva lot of effort, and some luck to have success.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                        I tend to agree with this. And not in the football cliche "win one for the Gipper" way. I think it is a time to rally the forces, redouble the efforts, and refocus on the season. It's like a wakeup call that Fox isn't here anymore, and the players can't become comfortable or smug. And to look at it from the point of view of all the bad things that have happened this season, with injuries, and now illness, and make sure to see things from a level of humilty. That the Broncos aren't the kings of the universe, and that it's going to take a helluva lot of effort, and some luck to have success.
                        I love this perspective.
                        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
                          This team clearly has a hierarchy, however, decisions seem to be made via committee. I'm sure Fox has had some input on 2nd half adjustments. I think he will be missed.

                          That said, I think this team has enough legs of the committee to survive an absent leg and still stand tall. Much like our defense...we can miss one or maybe two key components, but if we lose three or four, all heck broke loose.

                          Note, I'm not disagreeing with your statement regarding Manning, rather adding that Fox has more input that some may think. IMO
                          In reality you're right, I should've stated that Manning has a lot of input for a QB, I'm just just trying to make people feel at ease with Fox being out for a while. here's hoping Fox has a speedy recovery. I miss him already.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BRONCOLT View Post
                            Dungy... Gruden... Madden.... Lombardi... Rise from the grave!!

                            idk what this team does. JDR needs to stay withthe defense. IMO.
                            A head coach can be a play caller as well. Lots of head coaches call the offense or defense of their team
                            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              Go Broncos. :clap:
                              Anything that makes Sam this happy has got to be great.
                              [sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                                If ever there were a reason to get a little more emotional, this would be it. It worked for the Colts last year; as well as the Ravens when Ray announced his retirement. I'm a firm believer in execution over emotion, but sometimes there's that loose-and-easy swagger that comes with having an emotional trigger.

                                So long as it's channeled properly, and not just energy wasted through a bunch of yelling, celebrations, etc.
                                So would you say they may play more inspired?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X