X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doogansquest
    replied
    Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    But it is possible? For a team to play more inspired due to a certain situation?
    lol Geez. Why is this so important to you?

Really, I don't think there's something like inspiration that suddenly makes them better players. It's not an observable, measurable thing. Maybe some of their pre-game tensions melt away before the first snap, and they execute more smoothly out of the gate. Sometimes they are just a little more energetic, or a little less "tight" at the start because of something they've thought about all day. Even then, it's still the same abilities/limitations of the body they had before. I don't think the whole team will suddenly be better because of some invisible injection of inspiration, no.

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied
    Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
    Maybe, but their goals are the same. The way Manning is, I'm not so sure it'll effect him much.
    But it is possible? For a team to play more inspired due to a certain situation?

Leave a comment:

• Doogansquest
    replied
    Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    So would you say they may play more inspired?
    Maybe, but their goals are the same. The way Manning is, I'm not so sure it'll effect him much.

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied
    If ever there were a reason to get a little more emotional, this would be it. It worked for the Colts last year; as well as the Ravens when Ray announced his retirement. I'm a firm believer in execution over emotion, but sometimes there's that loose-and-easy swagger that comes with having an emotional trigger.

So long as it's channeled properly, and not just energy wasted through a bunch of yelling, celebrations, etc.
    So would you say they may play more inspired?

Leave a comment:

• Taos_Broncomaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Go Broncos. :clap:
    Anything that makes Sam this happy has got to be great.

Leave a comment:

• crash123go
    replied
    Originally posted by BRONCOLT View Post
    Dungy... Gruden... Madden.... Lombardi... Rise from the grave!!

idk what this team does. JDR needs to stay withthe defense. IMO.
    A head coach can be a play caller as well. Lots of head coaches call the offense or defense of their team

Leave a comment:

• Giddy'up
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
    This team clearly has a hierarchy, however, decisions seem to be made via committee. I'm sure Fox has had some input on 2nd half adjustments. I think he will be missed.

That said, I think this team has enough legs of the committee to survive an absent leg and still stand tall. Much like our defense...we can miss one or maybe two key components, but if we lose three or four, all heck broke loose.

Note, I'm not disagreeing with your statement regarding Manning, rather adding that Fox has more input that some may think. IMO
    In reality you're right, I should've stated that Manning has a lot of input for a QB, I'm just just trying to make people feel at ease with Fox being out for a while. here's hoping Fox has a speedy recovery. I miss him already.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
    I tend to agree with this. And not in the football cliche "win one for the Gipper" way. I think it is a time to rally the forces, redouble the efforts, and refocus on the season. It's like a wakeup call that Fox isn't here anymore, and the players can't become comfortable or smug. And to look at it from the point of view of all the bad things that have happened this season, with injuries, and now illness, and make sure to see things from a level of humilty. That the Broncos aren't the kings of the universe, and that it's going to take a helluva lot of effort, and some luck to have success.
    I love this perspective.

Leave a comment:

• gtown53
    replied
    If ever there were a reason to get a little more emotional, this would be it. It worked for the Colts last year; as well as the Ravens when Ray announced his retirement. I'm a firm believer in execution over emotion, but sometimes there's that loose-and-easy swagger that comes with having an emotional trigger.

So long as it's channeled properly, and not just energy wasted through a bunch of yelling, celebrations, etc.
    I tend to agree with this. And not in the football cliche "win one for the Gipper" way. I think it is a time to rally the forces, redouble the efforts, and refocus on the season. It's like a wakeup call that Fox isn't here anymore, and the players can't become comfortable or smug. And to look at it from the point of view of all the bad things that have happened this season, with injuries, and now illness, and make sure to see things from a level of humilty. That the Broncos aren't the kings of the universe, and that it's going to take a helluva lot of effort, and some luck to have success.

Leave a comment:

• GoManning
    replied
    Coach Del Rio is 50. He looks great for his age. Just wanted to mention that.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...e-835fcfc9055d

Leave a comment:

• Doogansquest
    replied
    Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
    The way I look at this is it is a rally cry for the entire team to get around Foxy and play their hearts out. I think they will play very hard for their downed coach and we get to enjoy the ride.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Go Broncos. :clap:

Leave a comment:

• GoManning
    replied
    Coach Del Rio Press
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...6-3a78b40f0da9

Leave a comment:

• one_bad_55
    replied
    The way I look at this is it is a rally cry for the entire team to get around Foxy and play their hearts out. I think they will play very hard for their downed coach and we get to enjoy the ride.

Leave a comment:

• KoolBreeze
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Dan View Post
    Open heart surgery? I think he is out for the rest of the season if valve surgery is anything like bypass surgery.
    Probably more serious than a bypass. They actually replaced one the valves in his heart versus just bypassing a blockage in an artery. They hook you up to a bypass machine that pumps the blood for you and then they stop the heart from beating while the replace the valve. My step father had it done a couple years ago.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X