Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Can't?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why Can't?

    Demaryius do what Andre is doing to that secondary in Indy? I mean I know Andre is better than DT but I just feel like DT should have been able to do the same thing especially vs man coverage for the most part of the game. I hope this bye week we are working on beating man press coverage because that is all that we are going to see until we can win those individual match ups.
    sigpic

  • #2
    I agree.. I love DT but he seems to be so inconsistent in his big time performance. He'll be stud one minute and disappear the next. Hopefully he'll work on that as he gets older.

    Comment


    • #3
      The 20 million dollar man doesn't have the arm to hit DT in stride .

      Put cutler and DT in the same offense and DT would put up monster numbers .

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
        The 20 million dollar man doesn't have the arm to hit DT in stride .

        Put cutler and DT in the same offense and DT would put up monster numbers .
        LOL, nice troll attempt.

        How deep are you talking?

        40-50 yards?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
          The 20 million dollar man doesn't have the arm to hit DT in stride .

          Put cutler and DT in the same offense and DT would put up monster numbers .
          Because he hasn't hit Decker on a few 50 yard passes or anything. Defenses don't double DT when he tries to go deep, right? Oh, that and DT just doesn't seem to be able to jump for much right now. DT's also not on pace to his biggest season ever either...oh wait, he is.

          Couldn't be any of those things. Must be about the 20 million dollar man having no arm.

          Comment


          • #6
            To me watching DT, he is a little more conservative with his body. Johnson, Bryant, Megatron, Fitzgerald & Bmarsh are all almost reckless with theirs. But with DT and all the early injuries of his career especially in his lower body he doesn't fight for extra yards out of fear. Don't believe me? Next time he gets the ball and some one is at or below his waist watch him go down immediately. But if its an arm tackle, no problem he will stiff arm them into Kansas.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
              To me watching DT, he is a little more conservative with his body. Johnson, Bryant, Megatron, Fitzgerald & Bmarsh are all almost reckless with theirs. But with DT and all the early injuries of his career especially in his lower body he doesn't fight for extra yards out of fear. Don't believe me? Next time he gets the ball and some one is at or below his waist watch him go down immediately. But if its an arm tackle, no problem he will stiff arm them into Kansas.
              This is always my answer to this " DT problem " people have around here but nobody buys it cause they keep making threads about it so now I just blame it on manning and his lob jobs

              That ball last week where deangelo hall apparently " took " the ball from demaryius, his first instinct was to get his ankles out of the way.

              He's trying to keep his career going and I don't blame him.

              Comment


              • #8
                There's a difference between throwing a 40 yard lob job and throwing it on a rope ala aaron Rodgers Jay cutler or stafford.

                Manning can't do that .. If he could he'd be able to hit DT in that small window when these double teams you speak of occur .

                Comment


                • #9
                  40 yard lob job < 40 yard on a rope

                  Manning can't hit those small windows that other strong arm QB's can.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Some of you guys NEED to give it a rest.

                    Half of the people on here thought that DT wouldn't ever even TURN INTO a legit receiver in the NFL because he 'never ran real routes' in college.

                    He's 25 years old and a beast. He'll get better each year until he hits his prime.

                    Give the guy a break.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                      Some of you guys NEED to give it a rest.

                      Half of the people on here thought that DT wouldn't ever even TURN INTO a legit receiver in the NFL because he 'never ran real routes' in college.

                      He's 25 years old and a beast. He'll get better each year until he hits his prime.

                      Give the guy a break.
                      He is a legit receiver. He's just better at things other guys built like him don't do as well, and vice versa. Give him a route and a step, he's a nightmare for defenses. He's not going to streak and leap for anything though, or fight for the ball, and that's probably a subconscious block to protect himself from injury.

                      lol @ everything Justblaze2729 says.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Oh your fingers broken guy ?Haha
                        Write me a novel proving manning can throw that frozen rope over the corner and under the safety creeping over doubling DT.

                        Oh that's right he can't make that throw.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I believe he really just isnt all that healthy this year. He looks very tender every time he goes down and even has a look of pain on his face. Last year he was way more aggressive and able to sky over defenders to make a catch. Watch the Pats game from last year to see a healthy DT dominate a game. Also the KC home game last year is a good example.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            This discussion has been had in another thread, no need to re-start it.
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X