Under the Radar and I Love It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under the Radar and I Love It

I've often heard the NFL is a week to week to league, but I don't think I've ever seen such a big change in opinion of the media. I remember going 6-0 with Kyle Orton and we were a surprise team, but no one really called us great or thought we were legit SB contenders. When we lost the first game, no one was really surprised. A few weeks ago, fans and the media put us on the NFL mount rushmore. We lost an emotional game on the road, where we played sub par for 3 quarters vs an oppenent who played possibly their best game of the year.....and we only lost by 6. It almost seemed like media members (Deion Sanders is on the committee) were glad we lost. Now we've been exposed, Peyton's arm strength is regressing, losing our head coach for a few weeks will distract the team, etc.

The Seahawks are very regular on the road, and almost lost to Tampa, the Chiefs are barely beating back up QBs, etc, but for some reason we get most of the criticism of the top teams. Honestly, I like it. I had friends saying we couldn't get beat and we'd blow every team out we played,and I was like hold up, no one gives you a win. People are now guessing we'll lose 2-3 of our next 4 games. I like coming into work now and looking at the people who called for us to lose the prior sunday.

Under the radar???? Good grief we are about the most hyped team in the league since randy moss joined up with Brady. I cannot think of any commentator or sports reporter who doesn't put us in the SB or very nearly so. We have a gazillion prime time games, our QB is constantly on TV and most put us in the "best team" category most of the time.
    I love the attention but now we have to win it all or it will be a very disappointing season. I think we will as we have the best players, but I know the NFL can humble you at any time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
      Under the radar???? Good grief we are about the most hyped team in the league since randy moss joined up with Brady. I cannot think of any commentator or sports reporter who doesn't put us in the SB or very nearly so. We have a gazillion prime time games, our QB is constantly on TV and most put us in the "best team" category most of the time.
      I love the attention but now we have to win it all or it will be a very disappointing season. I think we will as we have the best players, but I know the NFL can humble you at any time.
      Are you serious???? We were invisible in the media a few weeks ago. I'm not sure how they'll be formatted, but below are all seperate, current articles on the Broncos.

Time for a turnaround on D. If the defense doesn't step up, the Broncos' title hopes could be dashed

Denver Broncos: What's Wrong with the Broncos Defense?

Denver Broncos Offense Is Far from Invincible

After enduring season-ending injuries to both Dan Koppen and Ryan Clady, as well as less significant injuries to Orlando Franklin and Chris Kuper, the Broncos’ offensive line has become very thin and inexperienced over the first half of the season.

Why Is Peyton Manning Struggling to Throw Deep?

Comment

I agree with champ on this one, we were extremely over hyped early in the season, but a lot of that died down after the Colts game. Now the Chiefs are being talked about, and are under the microscope. I have a lot of faith in this team, that they will shore up the mistakes, and start playing the way we all know the Broncos can. The way I see it, If we can't beat the Chargers and Chiefs to grasp the division, we don't really deserve to be Superbowl contenders.

Comment

Tamba Hali was just on First Take and he was impressive in speaking about KC . He said they aren't trying to be the best team in the league, just trying to be 1-0 every Sunday.

He said KC doesn't care about how Denver wins, they care about playing complementary football on all sides of the ball.

Honestly, playing KC is the kind of game that I see the Broncos having issues with and the kind of game that always gives me pause.

There are times when Denver was the clear favorites and either struggles or loses (Ravens, Jags). I know we don't take any team lightly, but when we are supposed to be odds-on favorites, I hold my breath.
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by jcl78 View Post
            I agree with champ on this one, we were extremely over hyped early in the season, but a lot of that died down after the Colts game. Now the Chiefs are being talked about, and are under the microscope. I have a lot of faith in this team, that they will shore up the mistakes, and start playing the way we all know the Broncos can. The way I see it, If we can't beat the Chargers and Chiefs to grasp the division, we don't really deserve to be Superbowl contenders.
            Exactly. I'm not saying we still don't get attention, but nothing like a few weeks back. I've heard on multiple occasions, we'll split with San Diego and KC, and after they put up 55 on Pittsburgh, we'll lose to New England. Prior to the Colts game, we would be double digit favorites vs just about anybody. We're still ranked top 5, but no one criticizes the Seahawks, 49ers, and Chiefs like they do the Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
              basically...

Even during the bye,you had a few commentators talk about us....my goodness what more do people want....lol
              I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                Tamba Hali was just on First Take and he was impressive in speaking about KC . He said they aren't trying to be the best team in the league, just trying to be 1-0 every Sunday.

He said KC doesn't care about how Denver wins, they care about playing complementary football on all sides of the ball.

Honestly, playing KC is the kind of game that I see the Broncos having issues with and the kind of game that always gives me pause.

There are times when Denver was the clear favorites and either struggles or loses (Ravens, Jags). I know we don't take any team lightly, but when we are supposed to be odds-on favorites, I hold my breath.
                Struggled or lost and you bring up the ravens and jags. Two teams we beat combined 84 to 46. We beat both teams by 3 scores. What do people expect? 50-0 games?

Comment

The only reason for any negative headline is we lost to the colts. So, sure you will introduce some doubt when you lose. But, overall, we are overhyped-especially this early in the season. The sports press loves us and I think we will be favored to win every game the rest of the year.
                  Personally, even though I love the extra coverage we get it feels too much like 1997.

Comment

No one criticizes other teams? Waaaaayyy too much of a homer.

Comment

I still feel like we are the best team in football. Other then cowboys and indy we have destroyed every team. Good for KC being 9-0 but they have been very unimpressive in doing so. And Seattle? They have looked very suspect the last couple of weeks against a couple of terrible teams.

I think its more the fact that we got so much hyped at the beggining and now since it died down a little bit its making it seem that we are not the favorites anymore.
                      sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Matymaddog;4839534]Struggled or lost and you bring up the ravens and jags. Two teams we beat combined 84 to 46. We beat both teams by 3 scores. What do people expect? 50-0

Let me rephrase what I mean. When the media overhypes us, when everyone said there was no way we would lose to the Ravens in the playoffs, when Vegas gives us a spread of 28 and the media basically insinuates we shouldn't even show up to play the Jags, it seems like those are the kind of games where we struggle and/or lose. That's all.

Those are the kind of games where I hold my breath because I hate being overhyped. Nothing more.
                        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I think what has happen is we were held up as an immortal and now Denver is considered a beatable playoff team like everyone else. I liked it when we were immortal but I think our team learned more in the loss to the Colts than they would if they found a way to win it.
                          The schedule coming up will prepare us much better than the one we had to close out the season last year. Every game is a must win, division rivals San Diego and KC and the big test Brady and Bellichek in Foxboro.
                          sigpic

Comment

I would rather the media not talk about the Broncos,,, it gives the teams we play against extra incentive to try and beat us, like the Jaguars, everyone said we were supposed to destroy them and should show them mercy - when in fact the Jags came in and played their best football and knocked Manning to the ground several times, scored and made it competitive for a while.

Same with Cowboys and Colts.

The Broncos have to learn to match the intensity of these teams that are sick about hearing about Manning and the Broncos, I could care less if we win by 30 or 40 points and people get mad or jealous.
                            sigpic

Comment

We are the biggest blip on the radar for the media and every coach in the damn league. We are the gold standard, the house on the hill, the team to beat etc.
                              Last edited by orangecrushtime; 11-05-2013, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X