Under the Radar and I Love It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
    Have you checked the power rankings?????? We're not #1 on any Ive seen.
    On nfl.com your ranled #1 . Also this thread is is faulty. How are you under the radar when e eryone expects you to win the superbowl? You had a bye week which I think th3 media has kept their attention to the teams playing that week. You will be bafk in the media 5his week and all hyped up as well. When they say your defense is bad they are judging year to date. That doesnt mean your not improving. There judging the bigger piece of the pie. You can judge it on two games. The signs do point to an improved defense but that also could because of circumstances. But by no means the broncos are under the radar. If anything the chiefs are. Cuz noone is counting the chiefs to be able to reach the superbowl and thats a fair judgment by what they seen. But that doesnt mean things camt get better.

Comment

Originally posted by cdumler7 View Post
      I get what you are saying and I can see some of that. I have also seen some articles saying "What is wrong with the Seahawks?" So I think the media loves to look at both sides of these kind of things to really get people stirred up and get more viewers. You know every Seattle fan is clicking on the article titled "What is wrong with the Seahawks?" as well as say the 49er fans who are excited to read something negative about them. So again you get more page views.

Right now for me I am just sitting back enjoying watching what I consider to be one of the better Bronco teams in my lifetime. No matter how this season turns out we have all been witness to quite a bit of history already being written by this team. Obviously I would love for it to end in a Superbowl and I think/know we have the team to do it. Time for the 2nd half push. If you are not liking the way the media is swinging things now just wait till we get to the playoffs and all the talk of the cold weather and how Peyton can't win the big games talk comes back up. They have already started quite a bit of it but it will only get worse as the season inches closer to the playoffs.
      Originally posted by fightinglee View Post
      There was a football team once that gained the hype of the media under an incredible QB. They raced to the playoffs, were picked by many to have all the tools needed to go all the way. That team lost against what many saw as an inferior opponent towards the end of the game because of a lousy defensive stand.

The next year, this same team was touted once again as possibly having all that was needed to go all the way. Surprisingly though, KC got hot and took the division lead early and never gave it up.

Does this sound eerily familiar? No. I am not talking about our current Broncos. I am talking about the team in the 96-97 seasons. The team that lost to the jags. The team that the next year, lost the division to KC. Then tore through the playoffs and won the SB against Greenbay.

Personally, I dont care if the media falls off the Denver bandwagon. Walking into the playoffs last year with crowns already glistening on our heads did not serve us well. I dont even care if we have to go in and play the wild card week. I have seen this dance before, and honestly, its better to go into the playoffs fighting all the way than to skip in blissfully being hailed the kings.

That being said, I do believe KC will begin to fall apart. I expect us to win the division, but I am glad we have to fight for it this year. And if we don't get it, oh well. The wild card teams have many times shown to be the ones still standing. In the end, you have to outplay your opponent each week, regardless of how you enter the playoffs.
      Wow two awesome posts. Great perspectives.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I'm talking about media attention, no one said it matters, but if you didn't know, the media determines the radar.....so not being ranked as high as we were = being under the radar by the media.
        We're the most talked about team in the league,what more do you want...

You had people talking about the team,during the bye week..
        I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post

Well said. A team that has Peyton Manning on the roster will never be under the radar.

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post

I've admitted under the radar is the incorrect phrase to use. The title was posted once, but I've written several posts. You have to read what I'm saying and get over the title. I'm saying we do still get media attention, but it's not like the beginning of the season, where they talked about the Broncos as football gods, which I did not like because we haven't won the superbowl yet. There was nothing bad the Broncos could do. Now that we've lost, the media is a little more realistic, they still talk about us and say we're good, but not invincible. Before they wouldn't give much criticism. After the Colts loss, we still get praise, but we get a fair amount of criticsm too, which I respect. Again, under the radar was a bad term, but I meant we no longer have the pressure of being flawless, going undefeated, or untouchable. In the first 6 weeks, it was almost uncomfortable how obsessed the media was with the Broncos.

Comment

I've admitted under the radar is the incorrect phrase to use. The title was posted once, but I've written several posts. You have to read what I'm saying and get over the title. I'm saying we do still get media attention, but it's not like the beginning of the season, where they talked about the Broncos as football gods, which I did not like because we haven't won the superbowl yet. There was nothing bad the Broncos could do. Now that we've lost, the media is a little more realistic, they still talk about us and say we're good, but not invincible. Before they wouldn't give much criticism. After the Colts loss, we still get praise, but we get a fair amount of criticsm too, which I respect. Again, under the radar was a bad term, but I meant we no longer have the pressure of being flawless, going undefeated, or untouchable. In the first 6 weeks, it was almost uncomfortable how obsessed the media was with the Broncos.
              So what was the point of this thread.....I think its dead.

Comment

Originally posted by sstoner View Post
                So what was the point of this thread.....I think its dead.
                Try reading it.....The media no longer talks about the Broncos like they're gods.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefsfan1981 View Post
                  On nfl.com your ranled #1 . Also this thread is is faulty. How are you under the radar when e eryone expects you to win the superbowl? You had a bye week which I think th3 media has kept their attention to the teams playing that week. You will be bafk in the media 5his week and all hyped up as well. When they say your defense is bad they are judging year to date. That doesnt mean your not improving. There judging the bigger piece of the pie. You can judge it on two games. The signs do point to an improved defense but that also could because of circumstances. But by no means the broncos are under the radar. If anything the chiefs are. Cuz noone is counting the chiefs to be able to reach the superbowl and thats a fair judgment by what they seen. But that doesnt mean things camt get better.

This was written before the new rankings came out. Since the loss, I've seen the Chiefs and Colts ahead of the Broncos on several rankings. A few weeks ago,this would have never happened. We're judged more objectively now, that's my only point. We're still celebrated, but not worshiped for lack of better phrase.

Comment

Try reading it.....The media no longer talks about the Broncos like they're gods.
                    Uh...really? That happens all the time..different teams...different weeks. Wait til the chiefs lose...same story will happen.

Its called media hype for a reason.

Comment

Uh...really? That happens all the time..different teams...different weeks. Wait til the chiefs lose...same story will happen.

Its called media hype for a reason.
                      I don't think I've ever seen a team talked about much as the Broncos in the 1st six weeks. People don't talk about the Chiefs anywhere near as much as they talked about us. Even some of the fans bought into it. Not sure if you remember, but some of the fans booed at halftime because we were only up 2 points vs Jacksonville. We actually booed our team while they were winning.

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen a team talked about much as the Broncos in the 1st six weeks. People don't talk about the Chiefs anywhere near as much as they talked about us. Even some of the fans bought into it. Not sure if you remember, but some of the fans booed at halftime because we were only up 2 points vs Jacksonville. We actually booed our team while they were winning.
                        Well you can thank PFM for that. People do talk about the Chiefs....every week....wondering who will beat them.

Dont know what this has to do with anything..but fellow fans booed because they thought it should be a slaughter.....and they are classless.

Comment

Well you can thank PFM for that. People do talk about the Chiefs....every week....wondering who will beat them.

Dont know what this has to do with anything..but fellow fans booed because they thought it should be a slaughter.....and they are classless.
                          Of course people talk about the undefeated Chiefs, but even at 9-0, they don't get the attention we did at 6-0. In regards to the fans booing, I'd said even some fans bought into the hype, which was my whole point. In the 1st 6 weeks, the media called us invincible and some of the fans bought into it. We all seem to be more realistic now.

Comment

Of course people talk about the undefeated Chiefs, but even at 9-0, they don't get the attention we did at 6-0. In regards to the fans booing, I'd said even some fans bought into the hype, which was my whole point. In the 1st 6 weeks, the media called us invincible and some of the fans bought into it. We all seem to be more realistic now.
                            I dont see that we got some sort of " higher than the normal" media hype?? I guess I see the media coverage we got the first 6 weeks pretty normal considering the Peyton story line.

I dont even recall the word invinciable to describe the broncos,,,even if it was...it doesnt play towards more than the usual media attention theroy.

Agree to disagree ...I guess....

Comment

And once again we have the arrogant Sports Media in Boston completely blowing off and dissing the Denver Broncos and PM.

They are so smug in their disdain for us, it's really unbelievable. They hate PM so much up here it's really sickening. They always talk about him peeing on himself and wetting his pants. It's so unprofessional. It's one thing to talk about a match up but to talk like that is really below the belt. They don't talk about any other team like that except the Broncos.

They also were talking trash about our D. Um, did you catch that game against WA?

They are basically talking as if we aren't even going to make the playoffs. They said that all the teams in the AFC are cream puffs and the only team that they believe NE may struggle against is, wait for it.......KC.

Forget KC, forget SD, I want to beat the New England Patriots so bad that I want Tom Brady to be eating dirt all game long. I want to hear the announcers say, what a pass from Manning to Welker over and over again...TD Welker!!!

I want our D to dominate and pressure Brady so much that Giselle sends out a twitter to NE's D yelling about her hubby not being protected.

Man, I just can't stand the arrogance, disdain and smugness of the media up here. Denver, you need to put a beat down on the NE Patriots when the time comes.
                              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

This is why they hate us so much, cause we use to destroy them everytime we played them.

Comment

Working...
                                X