Broncos offensive line is the best at unblocked pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos offensive line is the best at unblocked pressure

The Denver Broncos are best in the league allowing only nine unblocked pressures, perhaps a testament to QB Peyton Manning’s understanding of protections and his quick release.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...cked-pressure/

Also, their defense is in 5th place creating unblock pressure on their opponent.

During preseason, the O-Line was an area of major concern. Manny stepped up from day one and Clark has filled in well after Clady went down. Vasquez showed versatility and the FO has acquired decent depth. Magazu and Gibbs have done a masterful job of coaching. Besides the nine on the roster, there are five more on IR/PS. The OL seems to be in good shape.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Going against Terrell Suggs and Robert Mathis is where the Broncos will miss Clady the most while playing the AFC.

Comment

I tell ya, they have played great to me. The only time I noticed we might be in trouble when Franklin went down & we moved Louis from guard to tackle, other than that I think they have really stepped up to the plate. Clark has played well & getting back Walton can only help.
        Last edited by ELWAY421; 11-06-2013, 08:09 PM.

Comment

I have been pleasantly surprised/happy the performances of players like Vasquez, Manny and Clark. It looks like everyone is coming back fairly healthy now, so we don't have to play the musical chairs we have been doing the past few weeks.

Comment

The person that surprised me the most is Manny Ramirez playing center...I thought it was a mistake putting him there after his horrible year at guard....
            I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

I still wouldn't be surprised if they draft a tackle late in the 1st round with the injury history of Franklin, and now the surgery to Clady (which can sometimes be difficult to recover from).

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                I still wouldn't be surprised if they draft a tackle late in the 1st round with the injury history of Franklin, and now the surgery to Clady (which can sometimes be difficult to recover from).
                Injury history to Franklin, what?!?

He played both of his first 2 years and didnt miss a game.

He missed 1 game this year, but outside of that, he's been a warrior out there.

And they have Clark as insurance as a backup OT.

Pretty much depends how they think and if Clady can play again or not.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                  Injury history to Franklin, what?!?

He played both of his first 2 years and didnt miss a game.

He missed 1 game this year, but outside of that, he's been a warrior out there.

And they have Clark as insurance as a backup OT.

Pretty much depends how they think and if Clady can play again or not.
                  Yep, hopefully Clady comes back 100%, & yes Franklin has been one of our most durable offensive lineman the couple of years.

Comment

The key will be keeping guys healthy for this critical second half and a playoff run. If we can do that, I think the Broncos have a better chance of winning the SB than any team in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post
                      Going against Terrell Suggs and Robert Mathis is where the Broncos will miss Clady the most while playing the AFC.
                      I agree to a point on this. Suggs got the best of Clady a few times in the opening game. The game against Mathis is where Franklin was out so the team had to mix and match coverage protection to try and help on that right side. To me with Franklin in the game the Broncos spend a greater time using TE and RB help towards Mathis' side on the left. Franklin has shown that he can be on an island most of the time so with him back that changes completely how we protect Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                        During preseason, the O-Line was an area of major concern. Manny stepped up from day one and Clark has filled in well after Clady went down. Vasquez showed versatility and the FO has acquired decent depth. Magazu and Gibbs have done a masterful job of coaching. Besides the nine on the roster, there are five more on IR/PS. The OL seems to be in good shape.
                        I agree as well, it was nice for you to confirm it. Thanks always Sam.

Comment

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 3h
                          Season OL rankings from @PFF: Ramirez 2nd of 33 Cs, Vasquez 2nd of 72 Gs, Beadles 41st of 72 Gs, Clark 14th of 76 Ts, Franklin 20th of 76 Ts.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                            Clady returns plus Cornick and Painter add three to the three (i.e., Franklin, Clark, Justice) currently on the roster. Without drafting one, that's six competing for three spots. The Broncos seem in a position to draft the best/highest ranked player on their board without agonizing much.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                              The person that surprised me the most is Manny Ramirez playing center...I thought it was a mistake putting him there after his horrible year at guard....
                              Manny wasnt that bad at G actually.

In fact he probably should of started the playoff game last year but thats another story for another day.

Comment

Working...
                              X