I hate that I feel like this but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate that I feel like this but....

I really think this team might be in better hands now that Jack Del Rio is coach...

I know this is bad timing and all and I hope John Fox fully recovers from his condition, I would not wish that on anyone.

But speaking football here, I think that teams will take on the personality of it's coach. And Del Rio IMO just has that tough guy persona around him and that is something I have always wanted in a coach in Denver. We need a guy that is not afraid to hold anyone accountable and will get up in peoples faces when they mess up. We have seen Del Rio do that several times now, most notably when he yelled at Champ for blowing coverage.

This 4 game stretch we are about to go on will make or break this team, and I think it is fitting we have a coach that will hold ANYONE and everyone accountable and will not be afraid to call them out on the sidelines if needed. This team makes to many mistakes mental mistakes, hopefully having Del Rio in charge of it all will bring that down a bit.

Not to disagree but I saw Fox give it to Vickerson on the sideline for that stupid hit on RG3. He even kept him out of the game for a few series I believe.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I think they are very similar coaches, and the team won't miss a beat with JDR.

Comment

Comment

I think the biggest difference we are gonna see from Del Rio than Fox is fire. Del Rio is one of those coaches who gets in your face and yells....a lot. Just like Harbaugh, Rex, and Jon Gruden.

I actually see and have been saying it since training camp that Del Rio will end up being Denver's head coach. I think this interim spot has permanent in it's future depending on Fox and how the team plays with Jack at the helm. I could see Fox retiring because of his declining health and I think his health is why he said Denver is his last coaching job.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
            I think the biggest difference we are gonna see from Del Rio than Fox is fire. Del Rio is one of those coaches who gets in your face and yells....a lot. Just like Harbaugh, Rex, and Jon Gruden.

I actually see and have been saying it since training camp that Del Rio will end up being Denver's head coach. I think this interim spot has permanent in it's future depending on Fox and how the team plays with Jack at the helm. I could see Fox retiring because of his declining health and I think his health is why he said Denver is his last coaching job.
            Agreed, I can't add anything to that. From a Buckeye to a Wolverine.

Comment

I think so too. These next 5 games will determine Denver's place in the pecking order of elite teams and JDR's possible place as a replacement if and when Fox retires/resigns/fired.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                I think so too. These next 5 games will determine Denver's place in the pecking order of elite teams and JDR's possible place as a replacement if and when Fox retires/resigns/fired.
                I have read that Fox may never return to the sidelines. This is his team right now though. Jack Del Rio is the best fit for this team. We need that grit, toughness, and in your face style. I believe this is the beginning of a long tenure for JDR as our HC. USC, sorry you lost out!

Don't get me wrong. I love Fox, but either him or Del Rio are who I want leading my team.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
                  I have read that Fox may never return to the sidelines. .
                  Where did you read this?

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                    I could see Fox retiring because of his declining health and I think his health is why he said Denver is his last coaching job.
                    OMG....you guys are dramatic.

His declining health???....all of the sudden everyones thinks Fox is dying. Fox has at least one or two years left on his contract. Hes 58 - not 78.

Aortic valve replacement surgery has a high succses rate with minimal risk. Once the valve is replaced with a mechanical valve....people generally dont have issues down the road nor does it mean they will have additionlal heart conditions. This could be a minimally invasive cardiac surgery (MICS)...where hey use a cathter - so it doesnt always mean open heart surgery.

I dont underatand how people can have such a hard time supporting this team when its doing WELL!

He will finish out his contract. Lets not put the guy in his grave so soon...good grief.

Comment

Originally posted by sstoner View Post

His declining health???....all of the sudden everyones thinks Fox is dying. Fox has at least one or two years left on his contract. Hes 58 - not 78.

Aortic valve replacement surgery has a high succses rate with minimal risk. Once the valve is replaced with a mechanical valve....people generally dont have issues down the road nor does it mean they will have additionlal heart conditions. This could be a minimally invasive cardiac surgery (MICS)...where hey use a cathter - so it doesnt always mean open heart surgery.

I dont underatand how people can have such a hard time supporting this team when its doing WELL!

He will finish out his contract. Lets not put the guy in his grave so soon...good grief.
                      I actually agree with this.

It's going to get awkward if JDR wins a ring.
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Did I say he is dying? Did I say anything about how the Broncos are doing? Maybe the one being dramatic is the one that sees things in peoples post that isn't there. I said he is declining in health yes, but that doesn't mean death. Joe Gibbs said one of the reasons he left the league was because his declining health. Again it doesn't mean death.

And at no point did I say Fox was doing a bad job and he needs to be fired because of how the Broncos are doing. Which you're in implying with "hard time supporting this team when its doing well."
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I know you didn't mean to be funny, but I just laughed out loud reading your post. Because this group certainly has the flair for over reaction.

My favorite line.. "He's 58, not 78" and "lets not put the guy in his grave so soon." I'm still laughing.

I actually think Fox may be back before the playoffs. I listened to a heart surgeon they had on 104.3 and although everyone is different, he indicated that it would be possible.
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Our head coach has one foot in the grave, our QB who has a weak arm is one hit away from being retired, our defense can't even stop lowly Jacksonville, Decker and Thomas drop too many balls, Knowshon is not a good RB...

If we took literally all the negativity on these boards, you would think the Broncos were 1-7, not 7-1! SMH!
                            We are going with Plan A

Comment

Right?

To the guy who said this post was citing things that weren't there: I think he's simply reciprocating what everyone else is doing in the other direction.

Originally posted by Turf Nazi View Post
                              Our head coach has one foot in the grave, our QB who has a weak arm is one hit away from being retired, our defense can't even stop lowly Jacksonville, Decker and Thomas drop too many balls, Knowshon is not a good RB...

If we took literally all the negativity on these boards, you would think the Broncos were 1-7, not 7-1! SMH!
                              Yup. They are entitled. They believe this is college football, Denver has more talent than anyone, should force 3-and-outs or turnovers on defense every series, and should score touchdowns every time on offense. Coaches need to scream or it means they don't have "fire"; aggressive play is somehow always better than any other kind of play; the Broncos have fewer flaws than any other team in football, but only the Broncos flaws will cost them in the playoffs. No other team is capable of losing because of their flaws; just the Broncos.

Except for the fact that Fox will be back to coach. Elway and JDR have said this is Fox's team. This team is a fumble away from being 8-0.

Comment

Working...
                              X