No announcement yet.

I hate that I feel like this but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In fairness. If you have ever seen someone go through open heart surgery it is no joke. They are very weak for quite some time when they are done with it. If coaches had an IR, Fox would be on it.

I have never been a fan of fox, but there is a big difference between fox the person and fox the coach. Fox the person needs to get his health squared away. Football is a distant second.

Comment

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...cos%3A+Blog%29

Actually, Fox may be back sooner than later. In a couple of weeks, with a gradual ease back in.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
        I'mma have to CP that. Those are all very very excellent points. I think our offense will be almost no difference. Last year in Peyton's first year Fox had a bit more control of the offense. This year I feel he has left it entirely to Gase and Peyton. (hence the record breaking statistics)

Fox is amazing at camaraderie and brotherhood which is why this team has a "team" mindset. He is great and sending his message out and the guys love to play for him.

JDR is a heck of a coach. Hard to say if its an upgrade. But yes I do agree that in Jax with little to no talent he still made them a respectable team with a hard nosed D.. now? Uhm.. Not so much.
        Thanks for the CP. I do think the "Guys love to play for him" is a reason this team could continue on possibly with even more success than before (considering we are now getting to the meat of our schedule). Football is an emotional game and is why you see great teams sometimes come out very flat in games they should dominate. The Colts last year played out of their minds way above their talent level for their coach and I can see the same for Fox. Manning picked the Broncos partly because of Fox and enjoying his personality. I am guessing it is very similar for other players.

Comment

Originally posted by cdumler7 View Post
          Thanks for the CP. I do think the "Guys love to play for him" is a reason this team could continue on possibly with even more success than before (considering we are now getting to the meat of our schedule). Football is an emotional game and is why you see great teams sometimes come out very flat in games they should dominate. The Colts last year played out of their minds way above their talent level for their coach and I can see the same for Fox. Manning picked the Broncos partly because of Fox and enjoying his personality. I am guessing it is very similar for other players.
          When Fox and the Broncos went to Carolina last year, the Broncos played hard for their Head Coach, especially Von Miller.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
            Right?

To the guy who said this post was citing things that weren't there: I think he's simply reciprocating what everyone else is doing in the other direction.

Exactly.....

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
              I think the biggest difference we are gonna see from Del Rio than Fox is fire. Del Rio is one of those coaches who gets in your face and yells....a lot. Just like Harbaugh, Rex, and Jon Gruden.

I actually see and have been saying it since training camp that Del Rio will end up being Denver's head coach. I think this interim spot has permanent in it's future depending on Fox and how the team plays with Jack at the helm. I could see Fox retiring because of his declining health and I think his health is why he said Denver is his last coaching job.
              Totally disagree with the bold sentence. It's just pathetic to see fellow bronco fans on this site say that Del Rio will take the job away from Fox. Take the job from a Coach who has completely 180'd this team from a 4-12 crap show of a team, has helped Elway draft and rebuild this team, Running a Tebow offense from a 1-4 record season to a win in the playoffs against the steelers, nabbed Peyton, and has this team ready to win a championship in just 2-3 years?

Please. You guys make me laugh, as much as I hate foxball and his vanilla offense, this man is in NO danger of losing his job to Del Rio or anyone for that matter. If he does, Elway is stupid.

The only way Del Rio takes over, is if Fox STEPS DOWN.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Thunda View Post
                Totally disagree with the bold sentence. It's just pathetic to see fellow bronco fans on this site say that Del Rio will take the job away from Fox. Take the job from a Coach who has completely 180'd this team from a 4-12 crap show of a team, has helped Elway draft and rebuild this team, Running a Tebow offense from a 1-4 record season to a win in the playoffs against the steelers, nabbed Peyton, and has this team ready to win a championship in just 2-3 years?

Please. You guys make me laugh, as much as I hate foxball and his vanilla offense, this man is in NO danger of losing his job to Del Rio or anyone for that matter. If he does, Elway is stupid.

The only way Del Rio takes over, is if Fox STEPS DOWN.
                From what I understand about the surgery Fox should be able to be back to full health within a couple of months if not sooner. Not that any surgery on the heart is routine but this is one of the least ones to have to worry about so my thought is Fox will be around for quite some time unless he just decides he has done enough in this league. He doesn't seem like that type of guy though to me so I expect him back if not this year for sure next year on the Bronco sideline. I'm just hoping that Del Rio doesn't decide to take off for another head coaching job after the season as he has said multiple times how much he has gotten back to loving the game of football since coming to Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by cdumler7 View Post
                  From what I understand about the surgery Fox should be able to be back to full health within a couple of months if not sooner. Not that any surgery on the heart is routine but this is one of the least ones to have to worry about so my thought is Fox will be around for quite some time unless he just decides he has done enough in this league. He doesn't seem like that type of guy though to me so I expect him back if not this year for sure next year on the Bronco sideline. I'm just hoping that Del Rio doesn't decide to take off for another head coaching job after the season as he has said multiple times how much he has gotten back to loving the game of football since coming to Denver.
                  After listening to Dr. Eric Skipper, who heads the cardiology team that performed the heart surgery on Fox, during a conference call Monday, it wouldn’t be a surprise if the Broncos coach begins to ease his way back to Broncos headquarters in two or three weeks.
                  Last edited by broncoslover115; 11-07-2013, 02:55 PM.
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

CONTRARY TO SOME OF THE THINGS BEING SAID:

-Fox is a great coach. Players love playing for him, and that is perhaps the most important quality.
                    -He will be back sooner rather than later.
                    -He is likely not nearing retirement.
                    -His health is probably not deteriorating.
                    -Yelling doesn't mean a coach has more "fire" - in fact, it could mean they have less control, or less ability to maintain their cool under pressure. Also, these are grown men with egos who make more money than their coaches, and drive more of the business then their coaches. Yelling isn't going to make them learn.
                    -JDR is not likely taking the job from Fox. This only happens if Fox steps down. Even then, JDR may be long gone by that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                      -Yelling doesn't mean a coach has more "fire" - in fact, it could mean they have less control, or less ability to maintain their cool under pressure. Also, these are grown men with egos who make more money than their coaches, and drive more of the business then their coaches. Yelling isn't going to make them learn.
                      Absolutely. Tony Dungy was soft-spoken and respectful to his players and he won a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.

Every player responds to different kinds of motivations and it's up to the coaches to figure out what works for each one. Some respond to negative reinforcement like yelling. Other respond to positive reinforcement. There's no "one size fits all" approach to motivating and improving people.

Comment

These games will not determine our season. We are going to the playoffs. What will determine our season is how much the defense will progress, and how healthy can the offense stay. Because as we know, if healthy the offense won't be stopped. Unless you count scoring 33 pts in Indy as being "stopped".
                        sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Working...
                        X