Early Chiefs at Broncos Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Chiefs at Broncos Predictions

It's early, and now should be the time for celebrating another victory. DT was monstrous, Manning was as efficient as a terminator, Moreno was solid all around, Ball had some good runs in there, and the D forced field goals.

That said, what are your predictions for next weeks Sunday Night game?

I think Denver will punt a lot. It won't be because the offense is sputtering, but because Kansas City has a great defense. The Broncos will have chances to slow the pass rush with screens and a good run game, however, and eventually some good drives will break through.

Kansas City has NO offense whatsoever, and they lead the league in punts. This means more opportunities for Manning and Friends, and that usually means touchdowns.

Tight game early, with a lead blown open in the middle. Denver's defense gets pressure on Smith as a result and they close out steadily. The fans on the boards will freak out for about 2 quarters, however.

Chiefs 13
    Broncos 34
    Last edited by Doogansquest; 11-10-2013, 06:46 PM.

With Manning being sore, ill predict

27-17 Broncos victory

(we give up 7 in garbage time)

Comment

That's a pretty good prediction.

Comment

I see a similar game to today's. Trading touchdowns for field goals ...24-16
        res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Agreed. totally depends on Manning's condition. if he's not sore/bothered by whatever happened today, I think think we beat them 35-17 (with KC getting a fumble recovery for a TD or pick six). if his knee/ankle is more serious, I think we lose the game because the Oline isn't going to do him any favors.

EDIT: Incidentally, does anyone feel like they need a cleanse after visiting/reading the Chiefs forums? Recently I've been reading their forums and, man, there are some nasty, low-lifes in there (people hoping for serious injury to other team's players, especially Manning). So vile. I feel so dirty every time I visit their forum. such a cesspool!
          Last edited by jellyandtoast; 11-10-2013, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jellyandtoast View Post
            Agreed. totally depends on Manning's condition. if he's not sore/bothered by whatever happened today, I think think we beat them 35-17 (with KC getting a fumble recovery for a TD or pick six). if his knee/ankle is more serious, I think we lose the game because the Oline isn't going to do him any favors.
            Like I said earlier, Manning and Gase can eliminate some of the pressure with screens, quick slants, and running the ball a bit. Kansas City isn't known for moving the chains a whole lot, so I expect Denver to get a lot of possessions.

Comment

The Chiefs finally play a good team, and the Broncos feast on their offense.

38-13 Denver

Comment

I say we hang at least 40 on them. If they get 17, they can count themselves lucky.
                :logo:Super Bowl Bound! AGAIN!! :smash:

Comment

This match up should be the toughest D the Bronchos O have seen so far this year. I like our SB chances if we were to crush them though.

Comment

27-10 Broncos.
                    We are going with Plan A

Comment

I picked a big win, but I promise there will be frustrating stretches of this game. Kansas City can rush 4 and drop 7, and that means dink, dunk, and run. Hopefully we can get 5-6 yards a clip on those plays. I'm good with a 7 minute, 13 play drive if it ends in 7 points.

Comment

Can't say until MRI comes back

Comment

We will win easier than we did today. KC has trouble protecting Smith at times, so I look for Von & Phillips to have good games. I will say DEN 35 KC 17.............

Comment

Clark does his job well

Broncos 31 - Chiefs 17

Clark decides to be a fat hump again...

Broncos 23 - Chiefs 27
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                              We will win easier than we did today. KC has trouble protecting Smith at times, so I look for Von & Phillips to have good games. I will say DEN 35 KC 17.............
                              Actually, the Chiefs pass protection has been much better as of late. Fisher is still wet behind the ears and will need to pack on more muscle to be the franchise player he will become. But he has gotten better.

I don't think pass protection will be as big of an issue with Denver as it would have been had this game been played much earlier in the season. However, I can't say the same for Denver. KC will have had two weeks to prepare for Manning and the Denver Broncos.

Last year the first game between the Chiefs and Broncos resulted in the Chiefs only allowing 17pts to the Broncos (the broncos won by 8pts). Before the Chargers game today, the Chiefs were the only team to allow less than 30 pts against the Broncos since Manning came to Denver. They know how to play Denver tough.

I'll say Denver wins a squeaker 19-17. This is because it's at Denver. If Manning is out, the Chiefs will win 24-13. I see the Chiefs beating you guys at Arrowhead though. This regardless if Manning is playing or not.
                              Last edited by TheChiefs; 11-10-2013, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X