Lets Enjoy The Ride.....We May Not Win The SB, But It's Been Quite A Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets Enjoy The Ride.....We May Not Win The SB, But It's Been Quite A Trip

Sometimes I wonder how many of us are only thinking Championship, and anything short of that is a problem. Maybe I read too much into things, but I definitely notice a lot of critiquing of a team that is 8 and 1, #1 in some power rankings, and playing amazing football for the majority of the last 2 years. I am a broken record on this, but we've won 19 of our last 21 games. Isn't that incredible?!?!

How about the fact that Peyton is on pace to set new records? Or that we have some of the most potent players on O (not even including Manning), in this entire league. Or that most of our 19 wins have been pretty decisive. Or that......you get the picture.

I am also baffled by the fact that we win some games by a TD or more, and folks are disappointed. Heck, other teams are more than pleased to sneak in victories, by a last second FG. Should we be in closer games, to make it more exciting?

This ride we're on may not last much longer. Hopefully for a few years minimum, but who knows for sure? No one. But the beauty of this ride is that we are again a highly respected team, and one that scares the daylights out of opponents. And the journey has been pretty darn smooth, when you think of the quality of play. I can name a lot of cities that would love to have what we have on the football field, and have been part of over the last 21 games.

Don't get me wrong, I want another SB badly! I want nothing more for this organization to bring home another championship.....THIS YEAR! But there are 31 other teams who have a shot. Those are tough odds. Plus there are too many variables at play, that can change one's direction, even overnight.

I choose to enjoy each game, one at a time, and rave about the vast majority of positives, than dwell on what didn't go perfectly. The entertainment value alone has been fantastic! Plus I get to walk around pretty darn proud, as a Broncos fan. It's so cool to identify with such a highly respected team.

I hope we win it all this year, I really do. I believe we are doing the right things to get the job done. And I am very much loving each step of the way, each game, each positive outcome.

WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Its definitely been a fun ride but I'm not going to lie anything less then a championship I will be disappointed.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
      Its definitely been a fun ride but I'm not going to lie anything less then a championship I will be disappointed.
      ^^^^^This. I enjoy watching every week like crazy. It's a great time to be a Broncos fan. I also am not one of the ones complaining about any perceived flaw areas.

But Can due to all the great points you brought up that is why expectations are so high. Anything less than a SB victory in the end is still going to feel like a failure even if the season was great.

Football is not about what you do in the regular season. It's about what you do in January and hopefully February. More regular season success just makes that new year ride easier.

But I think those extremely high expectations are also why people are picking apart the team so much. Everyone was so shell shocked at what happened last year. And I think alot of people are worried that it will happen again. I think everyone hear would love nothing more than to avoid a repeat of greatest regular season team but playoff also ran.

So the end result is nitpicking every little small detail or anything that could be perceived as a weakness that could cost us come January. It's unrealistic but everyone wants perfection week in and week out. Because perfection doesn't get upset in January.
      sigpic

Comment

I too want this team to win a championship REALLY bad. We have such a talented team and I still have to pinch myself that we have Manning as our quarterback. Football hasn't been this fun since the 96-98 seasons when we were among the elite in the NFL and two-time Super Bowl champions. As bad as I want the win for our beloved Broncos, I want the Lombardi for Manning whom I have always respected (although I hated when we had to play against him). I truly hope for him to go out the way Elway did so that there is no question (regarding playoff losses and only 1 ring) that he is among the best to have ever played.

Comment

I hear you folks. But I have really enjoyed the run, outside of a one last minute shocker.

I expect many of you to say SB or bust, but I'd rather enjoy one great win at a time, and hopefully a victory in the last playoff game we play.

For me, just going to my first ever Broncos game against The Eagles will be a lifetime memory. Twenty years from now I'll still recall it vividly!

As for critiquing......hey, that's cool. Everyone has a right. But given what we've done (yes I know, it's just regular season) I have a hard time being too down on what we have accomplished.
          Last edited by CanDB; 11-13-2013, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Can't argue with you there CanDB, my first broncos game was two years ago in Minni, last year I saw the Monday night thriller in SD, while I want nothing more than for the Broncos to win the SB I am blessed to have been able to see them play live twice! Can't wait until the third time.

Comment

I agree a little bit with all of you, but Elway brought Manning here with one thing in mind = a championship. We have the team to do it, but a short window to do it in. After last year going 13-3, having home field throughout & to squander that away. There has been a pressure ever since then. From that moment, getting labeled a super bowl or bust team, well its true. These are Mile High Expectations, from the media, the fans, the players & coaching staff. I do want to try to enjoy every win, every record setting moment, but to me the season starts when the playoffs do. I just hope when the playoffs start this team is healthy & hitting its stride, because if that is the case it will be hard for any team to beat them.

Comment

I agree that you have to just sit back and enjoy the season on some level, but the ultimate goal of any team is a championship and Manning isn't getting any younger. If any team is in "win now" mode, it has to be the Broncos.

Comment

The only thing I hope for with any of my teams is that they make the playoff, after that there is disappointment when we lose but to me the season is a success. I especially like series playoffs. Hockey is my favorite. We're pretty fortunate as Bronco fans, over half the time we make the playoffs.

We have 19 appearance, Oakland has 21, KC 16, SD 17. We need to catch Oakland! One step closer this year.
                  Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

Great Thread and so so so True ! I also take it week to week and I for one am enjoying the beat downs The DENVER BRONCOS have been handing out since last year! This is a true and amazing run that we have had as fans to watch and cheer our Favorite Team as the win and win and win!!
                    I Know for fact that I am super stoked to fly my DENVER BRONCO FLAG every Game Day and for my awesome Window Decal that I have on my Truck knowing that OAKLAND RAIDER FANS SD FANS AND soon to be KC FANS wish their team was doing and that is WIN!!!!

GO DENVER BEAT KC

Comment

I absolutely love walking around Boston in my Broncos gear as well. It absolutely never fails to draw some kind of comment, provoke a healthy debate or heated discussion.

Even the most passionate Pats fans eventually admit that the Broncos are amazing this year. I graciously agree with them.
                      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        I hear you folks. But I have really enjoyed the run, outside of a one last minute shocker.

I expect many of you to say SB or bust, but I'd rather enjoy one great win at a time, and hopefully a victory in the last playoff game we play.

For me, just going to my first ever Broncos game against The Eagles will be a lifetime memory. Twenty years from now I'll still recall it vividly!

As for critiquing......hey, that's cool. Everyone has a right. But given what we've done (yes I know, it's just regular season) I have a hard time being too down on what we have accomplished.
                        Kudos to our very own "Sunshine Superman" Can Da Man DB! :thumb:

Thanks for another great post Can.
                        [sigpic

Comment

This has been a very fun ride. After the Shanny firing, and the awful McDaniel's (thankfully short lived) era, this franchise was in the dumps.

I am thankful that we are able to watch such a contending team every week. Hopefully the ending result will be a Super Bowl ring.... Man I hope we win it all. But if we don't, life moves on..

Comment

Fun ride and I'm still not comfortable in thinking we make the Superbowl. Something stupid is bound to happen with either blown calls, fumbles, problems in the secondary, offensive line collapsing, Manning making a dumb throw... Why can't I ever get comfortable with this team. Every week I feel like we can lose.

Comment

Never!!!! Super bowl win or bust!!

Comment

Working...
                              X