Lets Enjoy The Ride.....We May Not Win The SB, But It's Been Quite A Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
    So when you look at the broncos roster you don't think they have more pieces and talent than any other team in the NFL?
    Even if I thought we are better in every aspect of the game, I would not "expect" to win the SB. Sure, sometimes there are individuals or teams who are prohibitive favourites, and their season is defined by them winning the big championship. Anything short of that is not acceptable. But that is a rare thing in sports, and even so, things can happen. Injuries happen. In a key moment, there's a bad bounce. Refs make a bad call or two. So much else can happen. "That's why they play the game."

As for our Broncos, preseason they were in an elite group of a few teams that seem destined to win it all. We have a great QB, and we have some key weapons. BUT, we can be beat. And that's true of every NFL team this year.

Another thing that is hard to gauge is the roller coaster dynamic that can take place during a long season. Some teams rise at just the right time. Chemistry reaches a peak. Talent is maximized. Strategic decisions reach new levels of success. It's almost a feeling that takes over......confidence is at a high.

Anyway......if you ask me if this season is a failure if we don't win a ring, I would answer no, PENDING. And there's a lot of "pending" involved. But if we play hard and honest football, and everyone is on the same page, and we do very well in the playoffs, except of course for the not so good ending, I may see this as a good season. Again, you can never anticipate key injuries, bad calls or bad bounces. On the other hand, if we do not play to our potential, or we employ poor strategy, or we forget what it takes to be the best......well now, I would be disappointed.

For me this is about building and sustaining a long term top quality team, who will have ample opportunity to win a championship, because we will be in a good position for many years. Putting all your expectations in a one or two year timeframe is setting oneself up for a big letdown, whereas being on the verge, for many years, gives you a much better chance at winning the prize.
    Last edited by CanDB; 11-15-2013, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• Well the only way the broncos lose in the playoffs is if they don't play to their full potential because all the pieces are there. Even with the clady injury there's no excuses other than injury to a couple guys on each side of the ball I won't name because I don't wanna jinx it .

Will bringing in Peyton be a failure if the broncos don't win a championship before he retires ?

I would say yes, therefore imo every one of these years is crucial because he only has a few years left.

Comment

• Originally posted by PManningTKO View Post
        You figure the AFC Playoff picture is guaranteed to be: KC, New England, Indy, Cincy ... I personally am not afraid of Cincy or KC. New England scares me if they have homefield. Indy is a team I don't want to see, but I feel like we could beat them easily if we don't commit mistakes. Heck, we almost beat them considering all the mistakes we made in our game this year. If we can protect Manning and the D steps up, we will be tough to beat. Everyone needs to have Peyton's back this postseason. I never seen a QB who's teams (Mainly the Colts) completely bombed in the postseason because of stupid defensive plays and special teams errors. 5 of Manning's post season endings he had his team leading with less than a minute left. That's pathetic.
        Agree facing NE in NE would be tough in the playoffs.

I'm sure they have his back and want to get him another SB.

And yes, Peyton has terrible playoff luck, absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

Well the only way the broncos lose in the playoffs is if they don't play to their full potential because all the pieces are there. Even with the clady injury there's no excuses other than injury to a couple guys on each side of the ball I won't name because I don't wanna jinx it .

Will bringing in Peyton be a failure if the broncos don't win a championship before he retires ?

I would say yes, therefore imo every one of these years is crucial because he only has a few years left.
          I understand, but a few years left does not mean we're a failure if we don't win it all this season.

Anywho.......I am really excited about this week's showdown, and that is the reason I suggest that folks "enjoy the ride". This isn't the SB, but Sunday's game and the next KC meeting, and the Pats game, are all coming fast and furious, and the football value is rising! I believe we are fortunate to be in this position. Look at all the NFL games lately, and sad but true, many of the teams are long gone....

Comment

• In order to win a football game, a team must score points. Against the Bills, KC's offense didn't score any points.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• This has been fun to watch, I have really appreciated watching them all, but If they don't protect Peyton, they won't even make the playoffs. I expect at least 1 playoff win, and if all goes well an appearance in the Championship! This is our best shot in a long time! This is the 3rd or 4th biggest regular season game against the Chiefs since the Elway vs. Montana ! This is a HUGE game for us, we need prove this is our division! You have to take advantage of the opportunity to win the Super Bowl every chance you get. You can't really settle for anything else.

Comment

• No one deserves a second ring more than Peyton. I really am hoping the Broncos can win it all. Not just for Peyton, but for the franchise. We were the favorites to win last year before getting one and done'd. This year I want us to go in as a huge contender, but not the favorite. We may get hot.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  As for those who don't get much out of the regular season, all I can say is, that's too bad. The first goal of almost every team I'm sure is to make the playoffs. Nothing is a given. If some folks think it's a gimme, and therefore aren't having too much enjoyment, I say that's a shame. You are not smelling that rich coffee.
                  Haha, you forgot to mention sugar, cream, and bitterness. We have the best cappuccino, but I guess some folks only want espresso.

Comment

• everything is in our hands right now next 3 games will determine home field lets hope we get it esp. sunday night need to win at home....should be a great game...

Comment

• I think we atleast go 2 out of 3 the next three games. I don't like that New England matchup, but it will say alot if we can go in there and win.

Comment

I think we atleast go 2 out of 3 the next three games. I don't like that New England matchup, but it will say alot if we can go in there and win.
                        to get home field we prolly need 2/3 hopefully panthers beat NE Monday...

Comment

I think we atleast go 2 out of 3 the next three games. I don't like that New England matchup, but it will say alot if we can go in there and win.
                          Why don't you like the New England match up?

There's nothing about that team that matches up poorly for Denver. No, Gronk isn't enough. He matches up poorly for everybody.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                            Why don't you like the New England match up?

There's nothing about that team that matches up poorly for Denver. No, Gronk isn't enough. He matches up poorly for everybody.
                            They find ways to win. There D is good and they have a running game. Brady doesn't have to do too much to win games. They remind me of the New England that won Superbowls back in the day. Bad matchup ... Especially in Foxboro.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              Even if I thought we are better in every aspect of the game, I would not "expect" to win the SB. Sure, sometimes there are individuals or teams who are prohibitive favourites, and their season is defined by them winning the big championship. Anything short of that is not acceptable. But that is a rare thing in sports, and even so, things can happen. Injuries happen. In a key moment, there's a bad bounce. Refs make a bad call or two. So much else can happen. "That's why they play the game."

As for our Broncos, preseason they were in an elite group of a few teams that seem destined to win it all. We have a great QB, and we have some key weapons. BUT, we can be beat. And that's true of every NFL team this year.

Another thing that is hard to gauge is the roller coaster dynamic that can take place during a long season. Some teams rise at just the right time. Chemistry reaches a peak. Talent is maximized. Strategic decisions reach new levels of success. It's almost a feeling that takes over......confidence is at a high.

Anyway......if you ask me if this season is a failure if we don't win a ring, I would answer no, PENDING. And there's a lot of "pending" involved. But if we play hard and honest football, and everyone is on the same page, and we do very well in the playoffs, except of course for the not so good ending, I may see this as a good season. Again, you can never anticipate key injuries, bad calls or bad bounces. On the other hand, if we do not play to our potential, or we employ poor strategy, or we forget what it takes to be the best......well now, I would be disappointed.

For me this is about building and sustaining a long term top quality team, who will have ample opportunity to win a championship, because we will be in a good position for many years. Putting all your expectations in a one or two year timeframe is setting oneself up for a big letdown, whereas being on the verge, for many years, gives you a much better chance at winning the prize.
                              Well said. If you look at last year's regular season, the Patriots, Broncos and 49ers all looked much better than the Ravens.

Sometimes teams just have a roll of good luck and great play at the right time.

Comment

So when you look at the broncos roster you don't think they have more pieces and talent than any other team in the NFL?
                                I guess I think of the late 80's early 90's Oilers, who had more talent and more Pro Bowl players than anybody, but couldn't get it done. Same with the 90's 49ers (who admittedly broke through once), but otherwise kept losing to the Cowboys and Packers. Or the Chargers of the early/mid 00's, who had BAR NONE the most talent but did nothing with it.

Talent isn't everything. Heck, looks at teams in recent years like the Falcons or Eagles.

Talent is a part of it, but it will take more than that to win it all.

Originally posted by PManningTKO View Post
                                They find ways to win. There D is good and they have a running game. Brady doesn't have to do too much to win games. They remind me of the New England that won Superbowls back in the day. Bad matchup ... Especially in Foxboro.
                                Denver is 20th in total defense and trending upwards. New England is 18th and trending down. I mean, they did give up 31 points and nearly 500 yards to a lousy Pittsburgh offense. They are giving up 130 yards on the ground, and now missing key pieces of their defense (Talib, Wilfork, Mayo). They have found ways to win against their bad division rivals (although they split with the Jets), and needed the Saints to literally screw up three times in a row to pull off the miracle there.

New England is the worst team with a winning record, in my opinion. I don't think any team is a 'bad matchup" for Denver. "Bad matchup" implies there are no areas where Denver lines up favorably. I disagree. Their defense is every bit as good as New England's and getting better. It's no question which offense is better. Tom's O-line is a mess which means Miller and company will feast, and the Special Teams edge even goes to the Broncos.

Of the teams heading to the playoffs, this is the team that I think Denver has the most likely chance of steam-rolling.

Good match up. On all fronts. Foxborough is no longer an edge for Terrific Tom. He hasn't even been winning playoff games there in recent years.

Comment

Working...
                                X