Pundits making me mad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pundits making me mad

If you want to pick KC to win Sunday night, have at it. The only thing I would ask of ANYONE picking the Chiefs is to please make an argument based off film, or recent history, or injuries, or stats that support your pick. But for the love of God don't try to tell me (adam Schein) that KC will win because Charles will run all over us and we won't be able to run on them.

THEY ARE 23rd against the run, 12th running the ball. WE ARE 4th against the run, 20th running the ball. Those rankings don't even come. Lose to supporting his absurd claim.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

OK, I will give you one better. Ready? Yesterday on NFL Network I heard the most absurd analysis of why we are going to lose. They said, "look at what happened in the WA & SD game. WA & SD controlled the time of possession, which ALMOST kept them in the game." KC will do the same. I'm screaming at my TV saying, WHAT???! We put up 45 points in the WA game. In the SD game, we scored a TD in 30 sec. SD had the ball for long drives and scored FG's. Before the half, we scored a TD in 1.44 min.*Time of possession meant nothing in either one of those games. There may be other factors that may cause us to lose, but, time of possession? Don't be ridiculous. I almost felt embarrassed for them for using such a ridiculous argument as that.Last edited by broncoslover115; Today at*10:17 AM.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 11-14-2013, 09:29 AM.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Stop worrying about what the pundits say. They don't determine the games. It's just opinions and everybody has one.

Either we prove them wrong Sunday night and get to reville in the joy that the team proved what we believe they can do.

Or we lose and they were right.

It's not worth being worried about on Thursday though. Let them think what they want.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I was listening to Mike & Mike this morning & Greenberg was saying he was concerned with Manning & the lack of zip on the ball & how he looks old & how he looked old & beat up last year in the playoff game. The proof will be in the pudding Sunday night is all I can say. I've been waiting for this game & now it's here.......

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
          Yeah, I was listening to Mike & Mike this morning & Greenberg was saying he was concerned with Manning & the lack of zip on the ball & how he looks old & how he looked old & beat up last year in the playoff game. The proof will be in the pudding Sunday night is all I can say. I've been waiting for this game & now it's here.......
          Someone should ask Greeny how an old beat up QB is on pace to break the NFL record in passing yards and TD's.
          sigpic

Comment

The only thing that gives KC a chance is Manning is still nursing a high ankle sprain. Although a hobbling Manning is still better than a healthy Smith. I believe this game will come down to who runs the ball better and that will be determined by whose defense is better at stopping the run. Denver has a better screen game that will help set up the run. If KC plays it usual defense, then Manning will have to utilize the screen passes and underneath routes to beat the rush. I don't see this game being a high scoring game. there are a few reasons for that;

1. this is only the first of possibly three games against the Chiefs. You never want to blow out your opponent in the first game as that could have a rallying effect on them the rest of the season.

2. KC does have a formidable defense, that will take time to figure out. It will be more important to have the defense figured out in the post season than it is at this point in time.

3. KC is coming off a bye week and have had two weeks to prep for this game. KC is just like any other team that we have faced this season in that they all have focused on how to beat the Broncos high powered offense and will be prepared to do just that. However being prepared to slow down the offense and actually doing it are two different things.

4. Even if KC does slow down the offense, Denver is averaging 42 points per game. If KC could hold the Broncos to 21 that would be a victory for there defense, but could there offense score more than 21 in Denver, it is not likely.

Mile High gives Denver a field goal advantage while Manning gives Denver a TD advantage.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
              Someone should ask Greeny how an old beat up QB is on pace to break the NFL record in passing yards and TD's.
              Someone should ask Greeny how much zip he has on the ball, how old he looks, and whether or not he can win a playoff game. That ought to take care of it.

Comment

At San Diego last week, the only time of possession that mattered was when the Broncos got the ball with 3 1/2 minutes left. They ran out the clock gaining three first downs while the Chargers burned all their time outs. It was masterful. I'm sure John Fox was smiling.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                  Golic did lol.....

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                    9 and Done....The wheels come off this weekend. What's more is I think we can beat them with either of our backups. The fact that Os is getting first team snaps should worry KC.
                    [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by southern cross View Post
                      Someone should ask Greeny how much zip he has on the ball, how old he looks, and whether or not he can win a playoff game. That ought to take care of it.
                      Greeny seems like he wants Denver to lose or fail. A few of these guys do, Cowherd is another one that comes to mind...

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                        9 and Done....The wheels come off this weekend. What's more is I think we can beat them with either of our backups. The fact that Os is getting first team snaps should worry KC.
                        Gase & Co. are installing an Osweiler package as a contingency plan.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                          OK, I will give you one better. Ready? Yesterday on NFL Network I heard the most absurd analysis of why we are going to lose. They said, "look at what happened in the WA & SD game. WA & SD controlled the time of possession, which ALMOST kept them in the game." KC will do the same. I'm screaming at my TV saying, WHAT???! We put up 45 points in the WA game. In the SD game, we scored a TD in 30 sec. SD had the ball for long drives and scored FG's. Before the half, we scored a TD in 1.44 min.*Time of possession meant nothing in either one of those games. There may be other factors that may cause us to lose, but, time of possession? Don't be ridiculous. I almost felt embarrassed for them for using such a ridiculous argument as that.Last edited by broncoslover115; Today at*10:17 AM.

I agree. TOP is the most overrated stat in football. It only is relevant if you DO NOT SCORE.
                          res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                            One thing I know for sure Brock can sling it deep, I would see a lot of go routes. But yeah I think we win by at least 14.

Comment

San Diego's O had the ball 38 minutes and scored 17 points at home. Denver's D is underrated.

Comment

Working...
                              X