Pundits making me mad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
    Kansas City played about as well as they could have. They were rested, coming off a bye (where Reid is normally money), and as ready for this proving ground as possible.

Yet Denver basically whipped them. They whipped them playing defense, running 35 times, and using Peyton just enough to get the big plays necessary. Oh, and this "nasty" Kansas City line never touched Manning.

I'm less concerned about the trip to Arrowhead than some. They will have to avoid a losing streak/rebound syndrome, and they won't get a bye before the next meeting.
    Like tonight, all about turnovers, if we dont turn it over much, Den will win.

Turnover diff was a wash, and Den won.

And you have to be a little worried about the crowd noise, which affects the line, penalties, etc.

KC did take some deep shots tonight which were expected if they were gonna win.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post

And you have to be a little worried about the crowd noise, which affects the line, penalties, etc.

There are a few things to factor in for the next meeting. The Chargers are no pushover, the loss to Miami will make for some inspired football come next Sunday. Fisher is dinged! Injuries had not really been a factor for KC but from what I saw last night, SD has the nastier defense. Smith is going to hit the dirt a few more times before we meet again. I think the Chargers squeak one out.

First and foremost,we need to take care of business in NE.
      [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        Gase & Co. are installing an Osweiler package as a contingency plan.
        As they should. He needs those reps and at some point Denver will need to see what they have.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post

And let's be frank...our coverage on most of those was horrible. Alex Smith AIRED it out which should have made for easy pickings, instead we almost got burned...twice.

Comment

The dislike for the Broncos in the sports media is palpable and I just don't understand it. Prior to the game NFL Network said that if we don't beat KC and NE it will define PM and we won't win the SB.

So, after the game, what do they say? It wasn't a good win. We didn't put up enough points. Our defense was just OK. KC could have won but for the drops.

Chris Collingsworth was obviously a KC homer. Everything was about KC and not what Denver did. It was really annoying and NBC should be called out on it.

Deion Sanders, Eric Davis, Keyshawn Johnson, Chris Berman, Michael Wilbon, Jamelle Hill, all make it known that they think we aren't anything but a finesse team and don't have what it takes to grind it out against a great team. We keep showing them wrong but they keep hating on us.

So, why do they hate us so much. I don't understand it. Why do they love Tom Brady or Drew Brees or Aaron Rogers but rag on PM so much?
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by TheArtofManning View Post
              I would venture that if you took a private poll of NFL players, they probably repect Peyton more than any other QB.
              They already did that poll and you are correct -- the NFL Top 100 Players of All Time list was voted on by players, coaches and analysts. Peyton Manning was in the top ten, with Joe Montana and Johnny Unitas as the only QBs ahead of him. Tom Brady was number 18 or something.

Comment

I know there are many on this board that do not care for the Bleacher Report. Take a look at this article though. It says a lot of the things we were saying last night.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...denver-broncos.
                :logo:Super Bowl Bound! AGAIN!! :smash:

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                  As they should. He needs those reps and at some point Denver will need to see what they have.
                  Not this year, I hope.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                    The dislike for the Broncos in the sports media is palpable and I just don't understand it. Prior to the game NFL Network said that if we don't beat KC and NE it will define PM and we won't win the SB.

So, after the game, what do they say? It wasn't a good win. We didn't put up enough points. Our defense was just OK. KC could have won but for the drops.

Chris Collingsworth was obviously a KC homer. Everything was about KC and not what Denver did. It was really annoying and NBC should be called out on it.

Deion Sanders, Eric Davis, Keyshawn Johnson, Chris Berman, Michael Wilbon, Jamelle Hill, all make it known that they think we aren't anything but a finesse team and don't have what it takes to grind it out against a great team. We keep showing them wrong but they keep hating on us.

So, why do they hate us so much. I don't understand it. Why do they love Tom Brady or Drew Brees or Aaron Rogers but rag on PM so much?
                    Self-examination should be practiced in all areas of human endeavor. Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living."

These pundits don't take the time to remember what they predicted beforehand when they comment afterward. They have the memory of a gnat.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Not that it matters, but we do seem to have a fair amount of overally critical Bronco haters. Deion and Sapp don't seem to like Peyton. All week I heard the Chiefs D Line would own our O Line. I heard we had to win this game and a few commentators even picked KC. After the game we hear the Chiefs lost the game more than we won it, Denver always wins regular season games, but will they win in the playoffs....etc. It's sad how much they talked about KCs defense, but they couldn't get any sacks, didn't cause any turnovers (Ball simply fumbled the snap). On the other hand, Phillips had a field day, Wolfe had a good game and the secondary was good.....and not enough credit given to our defense. No worries though, I like it more when they criticize us more than praise us.

Comment

• Mike Ditka was on Mike and Mike this morning and he said good things about the Broncos. He also mentioned the KC's offense. They are what they are and they are not going to change. They will continue to run with that offense they have throughout the season.
                        Last edited by GoManning; 11-18-2013, 10:26 AM.
                        Team Broncos!
                        2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

Working...
                        X