Vickerson and Knighton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vickerson and Knighton

The last few weeks I am having trouble believing what I'm seeing.

Vickerson and Knighton might be turning into the most dominating dual up the middle.

I think this is a classic example of having two players being maximized for their strengths, buying into the system hard and now just exploding at the positions with ultimate chemistry within our D-line.

They both have this attitude and swagger now that just gets me going. (Vick just needs to harness his a bit better). These two could go down as the best we've seen in Denver - time will tell.

Del Rio is truly the master of harvesting elite DT's. Just to think a few years ago that this was by far our weakest position, and to now be blessed with this...I'm ecstatic!

The depth behind these two is pretty ridiculous as well. I can't remember having a defense collapsing the pocket up the middle like this since the T.Pryce days.

Cheers and Go Broncos!!
    "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

I remember during the end of the Shany era where he was bringing in guys who were like 270 lbs as Defensive Tackles And I was like no no no, the trend is having Defensive linemen and Offensive line men as big as bulldozers - I am glad we added some heft to the lines, its a plus they are athletic as well
    sigpic

Comment

Good thread, I knew Vick was good. I didn't know what to expect from Knighton, but ever since game one against the Ravens, Knighton has impressed the hell out of me. He gets better every week & with his size you would think, ah just a run stopper, but this man gets to the QB. Impressive. Thumbs up to pot roast your a beast.

Comment

Knighton has been great this season, he deserves a Pro Bowl nod, IMO.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
          Good thread, I knew Vick was good. I didn't know what to expect from Knighton, but ever since game one against the Ravens, Knighton has impressed the hell out of me. He gets better every week & with his size you would think, ah just a run stopper, but this man gets to the QB. Impressive. Thumbs up to pot roast your a beast.
          Agreed, when we say we're gonna serve up some pot roast and meatloaf opposing QB's might want to avoid dinner altogether.Our defense rolls (literally) into the weekend as an under dog against the vaunted KC scoring machine. Oh wait, could it be, Hide the women and children,It's Alex 'The Game Manager" Smith and he means to control the tempo by keeping Peyton and "The Sticky Finger Gang" on the bench.

Sooooooo....Sure is alot of talk on how to beat the Broncos this week, I hope we use it as motivation. Feed the D-line raw meat and gunpowder! Give Smith a dose of what RG3 got in the second quarter. Let there be no doubt who rules the roost when the final whistle blows Sunday.
          [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
            Agreed, when we say we're gonna serve up some pot roast and meatloaf opposing QB's might want to avoid dinner altogether.Our defense rolls (literally) into the weekend as an under dog against the vaunted KC scoring machine. Oh wait, could it be, Hide the women and children,It's Alex 'The Game Manager" Smith and he means to control the tempo by keeping Peyton and "The Sticky Finger Gang" on the bench.

Sooooooo....Sure is alot of talk on how to beat the Broncos this week, I hope we use it as motivation. Feed the D-line raw meat and gunpowder! Give Smith a dose of what RG3 got in the second quarter. Let there be no doubt who rules the roost when the final whistle blows Sunday.
            It couldn't have been said better..

Comment

JDR makes it rain DTs!

Comment

So glad Knighton is working out! Pot Roast looked marginal in preseason. Boy were we wrong. I knew Big Vick could do his thing but having that load to his right is really helpin
                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Always knew big vic could do it,having poat roast on his side makes him even better
                  sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Just saw the most rediculous analysis by Heath Evans on NFL Network. He said the difference will be Charles running on Denvers "light" front 4. That has to be the most uninformed statement Ive heard all year.

Comment

Originally posted by gaberox View Post
                      Just saw the most rediculous analysis by Heath Evans on NFL Network. He said the difference will be Charles running on Denvers "light" front 4. That has to be the most uninformed statement Ive heard all year.
                      He's an idiot, the whole reason i quit watching nfl network.

Comment

No, I actually think I have a MUCH better one. Takeo Spikes was one NFL Network and he said that KC will win due to time of possession. He said, look at the WA & SD game, they were almost in it because they controlled the clock. WHAT????

We scored 45 on WA. In SD, we scored a TD in 30 sec. Before the half we scored another in 1.44 sec. SD had the ball 38 min and scored 13 pts. They had long drives and we held them to FG's. Time of possession was the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard.

I actually felt embarrassed for him for making such an absurd argument. Ridiculous!
                        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                          No, I actually think I have a MUCH better one. Takeo Spikes was one NFL Network and he said that KC will win due to time of possession. He said, look at the WA & SD game, they were almost in it because they controlled the clock. WHAT????

We scored 45 on WA. In SD, we scored a TD in 30 sec. Before the half we scored another in 1.44 sec. SD had the ball 38 min and scored 13 pts. They had long drives and we held them to FG's. Time of possession was the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard.

I actually felt embarrassed for him for making such an absurd argument. Ridiculous!
                          TOP can be overblown but I dont know if it tops callin Pot Roast, Big Vick, Ayers etc a "light" front. Were huge up front this year in the middle. Also Ayers is a pretty powerful DE who sets the edge well. If anything our front especially the DTs have been our biggest strength. I havent seen much of Charles this year but I cant imagine him trying to run inside and with Von back getting outside wont be easy.

Comment

TOP can be overblown but I dont know if it tops callin Pot Roast, Big Vick, Ayers etc a "light" front. Were huge up front this year in the middle. Also Ayers is a pretty powerful DE who sets the edge well. If anything our front especially the DTs have been our biggest strength. I havent seen much of Charles this year but I cant imagine him trying to run inside and with Von back getting outside wont be easy.
                            Yeah, good point. These analysts, if you want to call them that are so ridiculous sometimes. They talk out of both sides of their mouths.

Plus, we are 4th against the run.
                            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Vickerson needs to stop acting like such a knucklehead with some of his dirty and stupid fouls.

Comment

Working...
                              X