Knowshon Vs. Jamaal Charles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knowshon Vs. Jamaal Charles

About time the man started getting a LITTLE respect.

Tale of the tape:

Attempts - Yards, Avg.: Charles 170 for 725, 4.26,1 run 20+ yards.
    Moreno 123 for 521, 4.23, 2 runs 20 + yards.

Receptions - Yards, Avg.: Charles 47 for 389, 8.27
    Moreno 37 for 336, 9.08

Touchdowns: Charles- 6 rushing, 2 receiving = 8 Total
    Moreno- 8 rushing, 1 receiving= 9 Total

And Moreno has been doing this as part of an early season committee, not to mention he's a MINOR part of a massive passing game.

Charles IS the KC offense.

Ok, I understand the last two points might make it appear it should be easier for Moreno because defenses can't focus on him, which is somewhat true, but he also isn't getting the attempts Charles is, and early on had to get what he could get 2 or 3 carries at a time. Harder to develop momentum, especially when you aren't getting 4th quarter carries against gassed defenses.
    Last edited by Letswinplz77; 11-15-2013, 01:38 PM.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

I have been really surprised by Moreno all season long. He has gained my respect.

I still miss the blue background.

Comment

I can respect the effort and improvement that Moreno has had this year. But he is not in the same category as Charles.

This is a classic case of the statistics do not tell the story. Ask yourself three questions.

1- Would you trade them player for player if the chance was there?
      2- If switched, could Moreno carry the Chiefs as Charles is doing?
      3- Would Charles have a bigger impact and more production then Moreno in the Bronco offense?

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
        I can respect the effort and improvement that Moreno has had this year. But he is not in the same category as Charles.

This is a classic case of the statistics do not tell the story. Ask yourself three questions.

1- Would you trade them player for player if the chance was there?
        2- If switched, could Moreno carry the Chiefs as Charles is doing?
        3- Would Charles have a bigger impact and more production then Moreno in the Bronco offense?
        1- I dont watch Charles play much but is he a great blocker, which is needed in a PM offense.

2- Probably not.

3- Given the other weapons we have, yes but how much more

Comment

i love what Moreno has been doing but I'd easily take Charles.

Comment

Problem is Charles is basically your entire offense while Moreno is only one piece of ours. Moreno doesn't have to "carry" the Chiefs.

If something happened to Charles, I believe you would be sunk. If something happened to Moreno, we would certainly feel the loss, but our entire offense would not be out the window.
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

i love how Moreno has been playing since last year beginning in week 12 till now...but i would take Charles he is a home run threat anytime he gets the ball...

Comment

Originally posted by bronco30 View Post
                i love how Moreno has been playing since last year beginning in week 12 till now...but i would take Charles he is a home run threat anytime he gets the ball...
                True except Moreno has more home runs this year
                A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

The comparison is unfair because everybody is gonna jump the gun and assume you're saying :

Moreno > Charles

Moreno has a chance to post career highs in mostly every category except yards per run unless he starts breaking long runs.

So props to KNOMO

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                    True except Moreno has more home runs this year
                    This. Has anyone realized that Charles really hasn't hit any home runs this year, despite the larger number of chances to do so?

I'm not saying Moreno is better; what I am saying is that it's a difficult comparison to make.

Comment

Charles is the entire KC offense, who face plenty of 8-man boxes. Goal line and short yardage situations aside, I think the last 8 man box we faced was with Tim Tebow :o
                      "Brady... drops back... sees receiver wide open... and throws it away"

Comment

Charles is no Moreno and Moreno is no Charles.

Both have unique and loveable traits for their respected teams. Switching the two? Who knows what would happen, but I tend to think I would rather have Knowshon on our squad. A strong powerful runner that has learned to hang on to the ball.

Moreno will be running hard and a lot if Peyton's ankle is still bothering him. We all know how much of a concern that is but also know Manning would rather avoid any hits or sacks this week as his ankle improves down the stretch.

In all reality, I think the Chiefs are due and up for a reality slap both offensive and defensively. I look forward to what we all hope is a total blowout of this so called undefeated powerhouse of a team while Knowshon totally outruns Jamaal.
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                          Charles is no Moreno and Moreno is no Charles.

Both have unique and loveable traits for their respected teams. Switching the two? Who knows what would happen, but I tend to think I would rather have Knowshon on our squad. A strong powerful runner that has learned to hang on to the ball.

Moreno will be running hard and a lot if Peyton's ankle is still bothering him. We all know how much of a concern that is but also know Manning would rather avoid any hits or sacks this week as his ankle improves down the stretch.

In all reality, I think the Chiefs are due and up for a reality slap both offensive and defensively. I look forward to what we all hope is a total blowout of this so called undefeated powerhouse of a team while Knowshon totally outruns Jamaal.
                          Well ya knocked that one out of the park, Right on dude.

Must make emphatic statement at expense of opponent! Great post 69!
                          [sigpic

Comment

Knowshon is not as fast as Charles but Charles can't run anywhere close to how Moreno runs with power. I would almost say that Moreno is a better receiver out of the backfield too
                            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
                              About time the man started getting a LITTLE respect.

Tale of the tape:

Attempts - Yards, Avg.: Charles 170 for 725, 4.26,1 run 20+ yards.
                              Moreno 123 for 521, 4.23, 2 runs 20 + yards.

Receptions - Yards, Avg.: Charles 47 for 389, 8.27
                              Moreno 37 for 336, 9.08

Touchdowns: Charles- 6 rushing, 2 receiving = 8 Total
                              Moreno- 8 rushing, 1 receiving= 9 Total

And Moreno has been doing this as part of an early season committee, not to mention he's a MINOR part of a massive passing game.

Charles IS the KC offense.

Ok, I understand the last two points might make it appear it should be easier for Moreno because defenses can't focus on him, which is somewhat true, but he also isn't getting the attempts Charles is, and early on had to get what he could get 2 or 3 carries at a time. Harder to develop momentum, especially when you aren't getting 4th quarter carries against gassed defenses.
                              In his short career KnoMo has always played well against KC. Can't wait to see him finally healthy and hitting on all cylinders right now.
                              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Working...
                              X