Jack Del Rio Interviewed USC AD Pat Haden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Del Rio Interviewed USC AD Pat Haden

Poor timing! Just got a message in my phone that USC Athletic Director Pat Haden (again) interviewed JDR for the head coaching job at the campus this morning. Before an important home game tonight against the Chiefs?
    Last edited by CaribouRanch; 11-17-2013, 11:58 AM.
    :logo: :helmet: :salute: :goz:

Hmm, you would think that would be a conflict of interest. But I'm sure he was given permission. Don't want him to go.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

It was during the bye week from what I read...

Comment

http://nfl.si.com/2013/11/17/jack-de...enver-broncos/

Just a heads up , next time post a link so people don't start getting restless...

Comment

I'm not worried. If USC keeps winning I don't see how they don't stick with Orgeron.

In fact I think it would be completely stupid to switch from Orgeron if they get to 10 wins this year.

I'm sure the players have to love him by now and would be pretty ticked off.
          sigpic

Comment

This is the part of the NFL bizz I just hate

musical chairs

I hope one of our own under JDR is learning the finer points of how to DC. Maybe we can bring up a position coach who can be successful and who will stick around for 5 years
            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

It happened during the bye week and the day before Fox had health issues. Jack isn't going any where this season. USC will have to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                I'm not worried. If USC keeps winning I don't see how they don't stick with Orgeron.

In fact I think it would be completely stupid to switch from Orgeron if they get to 10 wins this year.

I'm sure the players have to love him by now and would be pretty ticked off.
                I don't think JDR will be going to USC either. However, I think this may be a sign of things of come. It's looking more and more like JDR will not be coming back next year. I feel like he will get offered many opportunities this offseason, perhaps even a HC job in the NFL. His role as interim right now is basically serving as an audition for teams/schools to get a good look at how his coaching skills have progressed...
                The Magic Is Back! IN ELWAY WE TRUST!

Comment

I would not be opposed to bringing Dennis Allen back if JDR leaves. We will have to wait and see how things play out.
                  sigpic

Comment

What if John Fox calls it a "career"? I don't see JDR going anywhere until that question is answered. But, of course, I can only imagine what kind of money USC would be dangling in front of Del Rio. If Fox comes back, and USC has actually offered the job to JDR, I would guess it's 99% certain that he takes it .................. after the Broncos season is over.

Comment

Originally posted by qbronco View Post
                      I would not be opposed to bringing Dennis Allen back if JDR leaves. We will have to wait and see how things play out.
                      He already has his own gig
                      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Coach Fox was quoted as saying, that he's going to do everything in his power to get back sometime this year. Saw that on a local news ticker here in Utah.

What that means? I don't know.

1) If Fox can't/doesn't/or decides not to come back, we'll be interviewing ourselves just like USC is doing. I'm sure Jack would be part of that process as well.

2) Coach Fox wants his job back and we're willing to be patient.

3) Del Rio is only being interviewed. I'm sure there are other prospects for the job but I would be willing to bet he is a top candidate in their minds. In the mean time, he is a Bronco and what would it say about a man to entertain this career option right now during this crucial time in his current role? Jack need to show character and remain as interim coach and not give the media anything more to look at.

4) Del Rio is under a contract until the end of this season is he not? We may be allowing him to interview elsewhere regarding future positions but for now he's ours. Am I right?
                        Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 11-17-2013, 03:17 PM.
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

The article stated Elway gave them permission to interview WHEN it was convenient for the Broncos. Minus one heart issue it was a great time. It also went on to say they have options to offer him the job pending the season end or wait until after to make the offer, if its coming.

I can't see who else would beat him for the position. Ex player for USC, lots of NFL experience as coach and coordinator. Not good for us.........
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post

I can't see who else would beat him for the position. Ex player for USC, lots of NFL experience as coach and coordinator. Not good for us.........
                            The guy who has them playing well and just knocked off a top 5 team?

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                              The guy who has them playing well and just knocked off a top 5 team?
                              That' what I was thinking, Kiffin didn't have them playing this well.

Comment

Working...
                              X