Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Welker gives us the inside info on the Patriots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Welker gives us the inside info on the Patriots?

It would only be fair to pump Welker for information. I mean, it's not like Belichick didn't do it to us.

Only info you need is DON'T LET GRONK BEAT YOU.

Comment

Im sure he'll give us some info, sure.

Comment

Gronk and amendola both have to survive Carolina tomorrow first.
        sigpic

Comment

Yes. Welker knows the HC and starting QB. He will divulge their names, their quests and their favorite colors.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I really think the way teams change things up from game to game, any "inside" information Welker has isn't really going to help much.

Comment

He should do the same Reggie Wanye told his Colts about Manning......nothing. But then again McD is arrogant enough to keep his same calls.
              #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
                It would only be fair to pump Welker for information. I mean, it's not like Belichick didn't do it to us.
                Would it be fair....Sure.

The bigger question is would you want to? If you recall Stokely when he was with Baltimore must have dished to his new team about Peyton and Peyton exploited them accordingly. I think the bigger things we'd want to press Welker for is what types of coverages and plays make Brady the least comfortable. Focus less on the play calls and call signals.

Comment

This is overrated. There are players and/or coaches playing against former teams in a lot of matchups.

Comment

Patriot fan here, just stopping by to check out these forums before next Sunday night. A lot of respect for what the broncos are doing, always great to see Manning vs Brady. That being said, I really dont know how much information welker can provide about the CURRENT patriots offense. Things have changed a lot now that he is gone. Welker, Hernandez and Woodhead are gone. Finally have a deep threat that is coming on in Aaron Dobson and Amendola's role has been a lot more versatile than what welker did here; more of a threat downfield. With Vereen coming back, we are getting back a running back who can threaten every area of the field. Hoping to see a lot of improvement there. This offense has changed so much in scheme and philosophy, I really don't know how much Welker can provide that will be real "inside" information.

Comment

Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
                      Patriot fan here, just stopping by to check out these forums before next Sunday night. A lot of respect for what the broncos are doing, always great to see Manning vs Brady. That being said, I really dont know how much information welker can provide about the CURRENT patriots offense. Things have changed a lot now that he is gone. Welker, Hernandez and Woodhead are gone. Finally have a deep threat that is coming on in Aaron Dobson and Amendola's role has been a lot more versatile than what welker did here; more of a threat downfield. With Vereen coming back, we are getting back a running back who can threaten every area of the field. Hoping to see a lot of improvement there. This offense has changed so much in scheme and philosophy, I really don't know how much Welker can provide that will be real "inside" information.
                      Welcome to the boards. Coming off of a big win last night, a lot of the fans are on cloud 9 (myself included). Reality will hit again probably on Wednesday and this game with the Pats will be huge. One of the biggest enigmas is the Patriots offense, the slow start, and absolutely shredding the Steelers defense a week ago. I assume that they have figured it all out and this game will likely be a shootout.
                      We are going with Plan A

Comment

Does he have knowledge? Of course, but how beneficial it would be is hard to say.

From a conceptual/prreperatipon perspective there might be some value you to it, but from a on the field/in game perspective there isn't much to gain from it because there will likely be new calls/signs/signals/etc.

Reggie Wayne when asked a similar question leading up to the Broncos/Colts game.
                        Is there any insight you can offer the defense about Peyton Manning’s mannerisms, calls, etc.?
                        “No, it ain’t going to matter what I say. Whatever insight I give them, he’s going to change it anyway. Just go out there and play football. Study your keys, make sure you know the game plan in and out. This week is no different.”

Brady will do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by bgpatsfan View Post
                          I was about to say the same thing, Pats O is massively different than it was past 2-3 years with the players mentioned.

I suppose he could give some things but im not sure it will make much difference.

Comment

When I read the title I visualized Welker somewhere in the back corner of the locker room, holding out for some extra cash in return for inside info....

I can hear him, "what's it worth to you?"

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              When I read the title I visualized Welker somewhere in the back corner of the locker room, holding out for some extra cash in return for inside info....

I can hear him, "what's it worth to you?"

Yeah, maybe he will divulge such notoriously well-guarded treasures such as who is Brady's barber, which hair tonic does the Gronk use, and where does Bellichick get all of those hoodies. Even more importantly, do the hoodies come with the sleeves already cut, or is there an extra charge for alterations.

(Only the Shadow knows....)
                              Last edited by southern cross; 11-18-2013, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X