Chiefs are frauds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs are frauds

I come away from this game feeling like pundits are still not fully sold on Denver. Maybe it was Chris Collinsworth annoying the hell out of me and gushing over the Chief. They did drop some balls, and to be honest the offensive line was GREAT against the supposed number 1 ranked D. Who by the way played a couple backup QBs. Offensively I think Denver tamed it up a bit to keep Manning healthy and if Manning had not injured his ankle I could easily see him throwing for 2 more TDs.

Now to the Chiefs....that offense is terrible....and why did Andy Reid shy away from Jamaal Charles? He is really their only weapon on offense, and Alex Smith can't win a shootout let's face it. Denvers D played good they got lucky a few times with dropped passes, but if you are in the NFL you should be making most of those catches. Its your position. I think if the Chief had a somewhat harder schedule they would be more close to being 500. I will admit they are a deep threat and a TE away from being very explosive on offense. The blueprint is out for KC after this game I think San Diego can upset them next week.

I disagree with all of this.

While the blatant disrespect for the Broncos annoys me like crazy, the Chiefs earned a lot of respect from me last night.

Sure they aren't quite as hyped up to be but still a very good team.

They managed 10 more points on us than I thought they would get. If everyone thinks their offense is so so bad how did Alex Smith throw for 245 and put up 17 points? They had a very solid gameplan for us and executed pretty well. I do realize some of those passing yards were coming from behind though.

Also that D is a bit overhyped but still solid. We raced out to a 17-7 lead with 9 minutes left in the first half. They held us to 10 points for the last 39 minutes of football.

I think we played pretty good and maybe a little conservative to protect Manning

But don't take anything away from the Chiefs. They aren't as overrated as I thought coming into the game.

Arrowhead is going to be tough.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      I disagree with all of this.

While the blatant disrespect for the Broncos annoys me like crazy, the Chiefs earned a lot of respect from me last night.

Sure they aren't quite as hyped up to be but still a very good team.

They managed 10 more points on us than I thought they would get. If everyone thinks their offense is so so bad how did Alex Smith throw for 245 and put up 17 points? They had a very solid gameplan for us and executed pretty well. I do realize some of those passing yards were coming from behind though.

Also that D is a bit overhyped but still solid. We raced out to a 17-7 lead with 9 minutes left in the first half. They held us to 10 points for the last 39 minutes of football.

I think we played pretty good and maybe a little conservative to protect Manning

But don't take anything away from the Chiefs. They aren't as overrated as I thought coming into the game.

Arrowhead is going to be tough.

I came away with similar thoughts.

For those who agree with the initial topic creator let me pose this question to you....there were at least two dropped passes for significant yardage which were not so much as tipped. If those were caught (as they should have been) we might not have come away with a win.

IMO- We need to play far more aggressive football against this team in arrowhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
        For those who agree with the initial topic creator let me pose this question to you....there were at least two dropped passes for significant yardage which were not so much as tipped. If those were caught (as they should have been) we might not have come away with a win.
        Woulda...Coulda...Shoulda...

Only one thing matters. Broncos got the Win - Everything else just tuck it away in your football anylasis folder .

IMO- We need to play far more aggressive football against this team in arrowhead.
        I dont know how much more aggressive you want - did you our defense last night?

Comment

Not frauds. If we do not get the turnover right back, that game could have gone very differently. Momentum was captured right there. Combine that play and the goal line stand and you have your margin of victory.

Not looking forward to going to KC. All we did is hold serve, if we don't win at KC then we really didn't accomplish much. KC still holds the tie breaker if they win at home.
          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Chiefs defense is legit.

Jamaal Charles and their offensive line is pretty dang legit.

Other than that it's pretty much meh.

Comment

Originally posted by sstoner View Post
              Woulda...Coulda...Shoulda...

Only one thing matters. Broncos got the Win - Everything else just tuck it away in your football anylasis folder .

I dont know how much more aggressive you want - did you our defense last night?

The fact remains. The KC receiver dropped what will likely not be a drop next time. Not once but twice. Don't get me wrong I am stoked and very pleased we won but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

As for our defence we were aggressive at the line but our secondary had the time to jump those long passes (and didn't) and allowed that horribly long run to Charles.
              Last edited by Rich_C; 11-18-2013, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                Chiefs defense is legit.

Our DL sure did win the battle up front, though. Besides I think 2 big runs of Charles finding a cutback lane we shut him down, and Alex Smith was uncomfortable all day.
                Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

I don't think they're frauds at all. Having a healthy respect for the opponent goes a long way in any kind of battle.

"Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories."
                  Sun Tzu

Comment

I don't think they are frauds either. As well as our D played last night, there were plenty of opportunities for big INT's and TO's and they didn't make it happen. If those balls weren't dropped, they could have won.

I think it is going to be much harder at Arrowhead. Our secondary needs to do better.

But I do feel that we could have scored more in the 4th if we wanted to.
                    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                      The fact remains. The KC receiver dropped what will likely not be a drop next time. Not once but twice. Don't get me wrong I am stoked and very pleased we won but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

As for our defence we were aggressive at the line but our secondary had the time to jump those long passes (and didn't) and allowed that horribly long run to Charles.
                      We didn't have any dropped balls? Also - I gripe about officiating all the time but it was again pretty pathetic. We had what, 13 flags? DT was MAULED on either our first or second drive and no flag, the crowd was booing so loud when they saw the reply that you could barely hear the announcers for a second. We got away with an offensive holding at one point, but the defensive holding on the linebacker was BS - also Bowe pushed off in the end zone for his TD. There's stuff that could have gone one way or another that would have changed the game for us too.

That being said, I fully expected the Broncos to blow the Chiefs out and they were in it for most of the game. They're a decent football team and it's going to be difficult to win at arrowhead in 2 weeks. I think they're more of a 6-4 / 5-5 team at this point if they actually played decent teams with starting quarterbacks this year, but with that record and a chance at having the playoffs go through their house which is a tough place to play it gives them a pretty strong advantage.

One other thing. I really think our game plan was to get a lead and keep it while protecting Manning at all costs. We weren't taking shots downfield because they didn't want peyton hanging onto the ball too long. We accomplished this goal by playing conservatively, winning, and giving Manning as close to a bye week without actually having a bye week as he could.

I'll be happy to take a loss at NE next week if we can just keep Manning upright again, and I fully expect him to then be able to open it up a bit more against KC in arrowhead. Manning is one of the best at making adjustments in game, I imagine he has an idea already of how he plans to exploit them in KC.

Comment

In my opinion we played the best defense in the league last night. The Chiefs are a really good team, their offense played decent last night & I see them getting better through out the remainder of the season. The game in Kansas City is gonna be a tough one.
                        Last edited by ELWAY421; 11-18-2013, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
                          Our DL sure did win the battle up front, though. Besides I think 2 big runs of Charles finding a cutback lane we shut him down, and Alex Smith was uncomfortable all day.
                          I was really impressed with Knighton yesterday. He played a hell of a game along with Malik.

The problem I had with the Chiefs was that they never established the run as their main attack. I don't think they took advantage of runs outside the tackle as much as they should have. Fisher looked really impressive (besides that one play where he got blown up by Wolfe) and it's one of those things they should have taken advantage of. That is until he got injured.

Not to mention Alex Smith basically broke down once the game started going onto his shoulders and I wasn't impressed at all by him. He had a lot of pass plays that were catered to giving him a lot of time to throw and in those situations he did well. But when it came to dropping back with pressure he collapsed and threw some terrible passes and made bad decisions especially in the 4th quarter.

I still think the Chiefs are a legit team though.

Comment

chiefs are not frauds their D is really good their offense in some ways is limited....I know woulda coulda but as others have said KC let some big plays get away n smith made a horrible read not going to Charles lined up wide vs danny he was wide open...

arrowhead will be different animal crowd noise could be a big factor esp. for the o-line should be a great game...

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                              Chiefs defense is legit.

Outside of one run, Charles didnt do much....

Comment

Working...
                              X