<---- Here's a die hard (true story)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <---- Here's a die hard (true story)!

*Please dont be afraid of the length, it could be a movie script for a broncos fan*

I lived in Denver when i was little (not to long ago) I became a fan when i noticed the broncos lost to the Jaguars in the playoffs. Before that I didnt really follow football. That next year I think we had new uniforms and i liked them. We went on to win the superbowl and i though i was good luck. That luck continued when i moved to Atlanta GA (a city close to Atlanta anyway). Atlanta went to the Superbowl that year to play the Broncos. At my middle school (I was in 8th at the time) they had a Falcon day where everybody would come to school in their best atlanta uniforms and hats. Guess what I showed up in. Thats right! a big, orange #30 Davis jersey and a white bronco hat. of course the kids didnt like this. They threatened me that if the Broncos beat the Falcons they were all gonna jump me (that means beat me up real bad). I was scared but I wore my second, blue Davis jersey the next day. On the night of the big game, my family went over to our friends house. They had lived in GA all their lives and were rooting for the falcons, but it was friendly competition. I had my family dressed up. I had on a broncos sweater, I gave my mom a bronco shirt, my sister another brocno sweater, and my uncle had my hat. We won and i didnt go to school the next day. I called it a holliday ( yeah right i was just scared). Then i moved to Dallas with my Dad. We did not go to the Superbowl but I did watch the game with the Cowboys on thanksgiving. Again, i was the only one going for denver and i think we won 24-22. Now, I live in Pittsburgh with my mom again. She doesnt follow the broncos anymore but i still do. We play the Steelers this weekend and if history repeats we should win cause im again the only one going for them here. The point of this story is, it may be hard sometimes to believe with everybody rooting aginst you, but its no good to be a bandwagoner beacuse there is no joy when you win if you dont lose. When I grow up, hopefully I will land back in CO where my heart is. I dont watch any sports unless the Nuggets, Broncos, Rockies, Avalanche, and Buffaloesare playing. I havent really watched the SuperBowls lately. I hope that changes this year. THAT'S a die-hard CO fan.
    Last edited by Return of Lava; 01-02-2004, 10:43 AM.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

cool.

Although, I gotta tell ya, although I think its lame that you were physically threatened because of a football game (how silly) and I can understand the fear, given your age, you should have gone to school to see just what kind of cowards bullies really are. It would have been a lesson in graceful losing for them.

And you are not the only one rooting for them back there. I knwo at least one more Bronco fan that I can think of, although he is in Meadville, not Pittsburgh.

Did they finish with that damn bridge yet?

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
      cool.

Did they finish with that damn bridge yet?
      I dont know they got a million bridges up here. The three rivers thing is pretty nice though.
      dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
        I dont know they got a million bridges up here. The three rivers thing is pretty nice though.
        I-279, the one right downtown that crosses the river. It seems like its been closed forever.

Comment

I-279, the one right downtown that crosses the river. It seems like its been closed forever.
          Im not sure i only go down there for dentist appointments. lol

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

and ive only been here for about two months so i dont know my streets too well.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Im not sure i only go down there for dentist appointments. lol
              HAHAHAHA. driving downtown IS like pulling teeth. I know from experience, that city has some wacky street grids.

Anyway, next time you are downtown, with a lady (since according to your profile, you are a damn stud), check out the 7th Street Grille. That was my fave downtown restaurant. The wife loved it. laid back, but still a nice enough place for dinner. Not rowdy, not stuck up, and mostly, not ridiculosuly expensive.

Of course, there's always Primanti Bros for the quick and cheap hunger fix.

Comment

and ive only been here for about two months so i dont know my streets too well.
                And you know whats funny? I never really lived in the big city. When I was in CO i was in Aurora, right next to Denver. In Texas, I was in Mckinney, right next to Dallas. In Georgia, I was in Jonesboro, right next to Atlanta. Now I live in Robinson, a city right next to Pittsburg. So i dont really be in Pittsburgh too much

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

HAHAHAHA. driving downtown IS like pulling teeth. I know from experience, that city has some wacky street grids.

Anyway, next time you are downtown, with a lady (since according to your profile, you are a damn stud), check out the 7th Street Grille. That was my fave downtown restaurant. The wife loved it. laid back, but still a nice enough place for dinner. Not rowdy, not stuck up, and mostly, not ridiculosuly expensive.

Of course, there's always Primanti Bros for the quick and cheap hunger fix.
                  OK I will try that as a date spot.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

You know just today, I was walking down the street when a guy started shouting cuss words at a man driving an 18-wheeler because he wouldn't let him over. then they came to a red light and the guy got out the car and went to the 18 wheeler. I went over closer to see what would happen, but the light changed green and the guy drove off. Its crazy!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

You know just today, I was walking down the street when a guy started shouting cuss words at a man driving an 18-wheeler because he wouldn't let him over. then they came to a red light and the guy got out the car and went to the 18 wheeler. I went over closer to see what would happen, but the light changed green and the guy drove off. Its crazy!
                      Yep, driving through that city makes me crazy too.

Comment

Re: &lt;---- Here's a die hard (true story)!

I lived in Denver when i was little (not to long ago) I became a fan when i noticed the broncos lost to the Jaguars in the playoffs. Before that I didnt really follow football. That next year I think we had new uniforms and i liked them. We went on to win the superbowl and i though i was good luck. That luck continued when i moved to Atlanta GA (a city close to Atlanta anyway). Atlanta went to the Superbowl that year to play the Broncos. At my middle school (I was in 8th at the time) they had a Falcon day where everybody would come to school in their best atlanta uniforms and hats. Guess what I showed up in. Thats right! a big, orange #30 Davis jersey and a white bronco hat. of course the kids didnt like this. They threatened me that if the Broncos beat the Falcons they were all gonna jump me (that means beat me up real bad). I was scared but I wore my second, blue Davis jersey the next day. On the night of the big game, my family went over to our friends house. They had lived in GA all their lives and were rooting for the falcons, but it was friendly competition. I had my family dressed up. I had on a broncos sweater, I gave my mom a bronco shirt, my sister another brocno sweater, and my uncle had my hat. We won and i didnt go to school the next day. I called it a holliday ( yeah right i was just scared). Then i moved to Dallas with my Dad. We did not go to the Superbowl but I did watch the game with the Cowboys on thanksgiving. Again, i was the only one going for denver and i think we won 24-22. Now, I live in Pittsburgh with my mom again. She doesnt follow the broncos anymore but i still do. We play the Steelers this weekend and if history repeats we should win cause im again the only one going for them here. The point of this story is, it may be hard sometimes to believe with everybody rooting aginst you, but its no good to be a bandwagoner beacuse there is no joy when you win if you dont lose. When I grow up, hopefully I will land back in CO where my heart is. I dont watch any sports unless the Nuggets, Broncos, Rockies, Avalanche, and Buffaloesare playing. I havent really watched the SuperBowls lately. I hope that changes this year. THAT'S a die-hard CO fan.
                        This post is for all the band wagoner KC fans (ESPN included). I heard so much talk about the Bills before they lost a couple and now espn goes to the chiefs? I cant wait until they fall off and they go to somebody else. I dont ever want them to like the broncos anymore cause that means they'll fall off us one again. They say we were the one of the best but then we lose to KC and now we're average. I know its not true but still you gotta look past a record. The team with the best record doesnt define the best team in football ya know? STAY TRUE TO YOUR TEAM!!!!!!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

When KC loses, ESPN will probably back them up actually.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Maybe, but the Colts are threatening to take their limelight away. After Indy's win last night, I think the Colts are a media darling just waiting to happen.

Comment

who do the colts play next week?

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X