2 sides of the coin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Really sucks losing Tavarres King like we did. I want Decker back but not the one from the last few weeks. He's gotta start working harder and worrying less about flags.
    Meh, King wasnt going to replace Decker.

They'd probably sign a lesser WR to replace Decker if some team gave him #1 money.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeBassett View Post
      Unless Decker's price is too high, I would say re-sign him. He reminds me of Willie Green in the days of McCaffrey and Smith, except a little more productive. We've got Thomas and Welker, who command the other team's best CBs, and then we've got a decent #2 who's fast and can block. This offseason will be as important for who we retain as for who we acquire.

Retain: O-Line, WRs
      Acquire: Pass-covering safeties
      Dont get your hopes on on safeties.

Comment

WE have been vastly underwhelming as far as safeties go since the days of Braxton and Atwater.

Comment

If we could get another Atwater... I would feel more confident in our secondary!

As of now, anytime someone goes deep on us... I hold my breath in ear we will give up the big play like in last year playoff against Baltimore!!

We need help in our secondary to say the least!

Comment

If Atwater was playing today, he would get a lot of flags.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
              If we could get another Atwater... I would feel more confident in our secondary!

As of now, anytime someone goes deep on us... I hold my breath in ear we will give up the big play like in last year playoff against Baltimore!!

We need help in our secondary to say the least!
              CB is more of a need than Safety. Champ is old and may not be kept at $9M, DRC may not come back (I think he will), Carter isn't very good, Webster shows promise but nothing special yet, Harris is decent. That isn't an overwhelming group of CB. If DRC is re-signed and Webster steps up, I will more confidence in them but until then...all we have is an Old Champ and harris.

At safety we have Duke and Moore starting with Carter and Bolden off the bench. I am much more confident in the safeties than I am with the CB group.
              sigpic

Comment

I would have to say keep DRC, we need him more then we need another reciever
                sigpic

Comment

I love Decker but sorry, this year Alshon Jeffrey is far and away the top #2 WR in the league, the dude is playing as well as almost any WR in the league with the backup qb and decker hasn't had a good game in a few weeks. I hope that changes this week against the chiefs!

Comment

I agree with Crash. Deck has had a lot of critical drops and his numbers dont show the entire story. He is having his worst year IMO. I would keep DRC way over Deck.

I would bet Blackmon comes cheaper from the Jags because his checkered past. I would prefer to get Blackmon, who isnt scared to go over the middle, and is better after the catch. Blackmon may not cost a lot when it comes to picks either. His salary number should be low due to rookie contract.
                    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Haha I'd stay away from a guy who keeps getting suspended ... not smart to mess with the troubled past players, they tend to repeat themselves ...

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                        I agree with Crash. Deck has had a lot of critical drops and his numbers dont show the entire story. He is having his worst year IMO. I would keep DRC way over Deck.

I would bet Blackmon comes cheaper from the Jags because his checkered past. I would prefer to get Blackmon, who isnt scared to go over the middle, and is better after the catch. Blackmon may not cost a lot when it comes to picks either. His salary number should be low due to rookie contract.
                        Whats the point of having a player who seldomly sees the field because of his own stupidity?

Comment

There's no reason to not pay Decker big money, this guy has earned it. He has been a productive component to a high powered offense in receiving, blocking, and creating mismatches.

But there's another important reason to pay the man, if we don't, then Josh McDaniels is going to make sure the Pats do. If not the pats, then the chargers, or the raiders. I want to keep this guy in house, and we'll look pretty stupid if we don't. Especially considering he's said he wants to stay in Denver, which usually comes out to getting his contract on a discount.

No matter where he goes, Decker is only going to get better and produce even more, because there's a high chance he'll go to a quality team with a more-than-adequate QB.
                          Last edited by OrangeFaithful; 11-30-2013, 07:28 AM.

Comment

If I had to choose between the the two, I would say keep DRC. I would like to see both stay though.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                              Whats the point of having a player who seldomly sees the field because of his own stupidity?
                              People change. See Brandon Marshall.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeFaithful View Post
                                There's no reason to not pay Decker big money, this guy has earned it. He has been a productive component to a high powered offense in receiving, blocking, and creating mismatches.

But there's another important reason to pay the man, if we don't, then Josh McDaniels is going to make sure the Pats do. If not the pats, then the chargers, or the raiders. I want to keep this guy in house, and we'll look pretty stupid if we don't. Especially considering he's said he wants to stay in Denver, which usually comes out to getting his contract on a discount.

No matter where he goes, Decker is only going to get better and produce even more, because there's a high chance he'll go to a quality team with a more-than-adequate QB.
                                IMO it is easier to replace a wr than a cb. I would rather give Brady Decker than give them DRC. Thats jusy me.

Comment

Working...
                                X