2 sides of the coin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    IMO it is easier to replace a wr than a cb. I would rather give Brady Decker than give them DRC. Thats jusy me.
    I don't see why they can't keep both. Neither is going to be a huge contract....
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
      I don't see why they can't keep both. Neither is going to be a huge contract....
      i would rather keep Woody and DRC. I just dont see room for all of them.
      Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

IMO it is easier to replace a wr than a cb. I would rather give Brady Decker than give them DRC. Thats jusy me.
        This isn't the most favorite opinion on these forums, but I'd rather have a drug free DJ Williams than Woodyard. And I disagree whole heartedly, it's so hard to come by reliable receivers. Decker broke BMarsh's TD record for the franchise today. We're lucky enough to have a great #1 and #2, I'd be pissed if that got dismantled.

That's not to say I don't want DRC, because I do. This has nothing to do with him other than Decker > DRC. Decker run blocks like a beast, gets separation, and despite all his dropped passes this year, he usually has great hands with a history to back up that statement. Decker means too much to this offense to give him up, and anyone who hates on him... I just don't understand it.

Comment

There is room, would probably have to backload the contracts, but they can keep all 3 but would have to really find a way to backload the contracts a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
            There is room, would probably have to backload the contracts, but they can keep all 3 but would have to really find a way to backload the contracts a little bit.
            I think all 3 are in the $5-7/year range...if that... so I think around $20M would cover it
            A couple cuts plus other salaries already being paid:

Champ=$9M
            Tamme or Dreessen = $3M
            WW is already getting $3M
            DRC = $1M
            Decker = $1.5M

That's $17.5M right there...pretty close to what they will get, imo.
            sigpic

Comment

Meanwhile, DRC is hurt and Decker just scored 4 tds when DT couldn't do anything most of the game.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                I think all 3 are in the $5-7/year range...if that... so I think around $20M would cover it
                A couple cuts plus other salaries already being paid:

Champ=$9M
                Tamme or Dreessen = $3M
                WW is already getting $3M
                DRC = $1M
                Decker = $1.5M

That's $17.5M right there...pretty close to what they will get, imo.
                I dont disagree.

Kuper is probably a cap casualty as well which would save 4-5 million with one of the TE's, and Champ.

I do agree that none of them should cost more than the amount you listed.

Comment

Working...
                X