X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I think all 3 are in the $5-7/year range...if that... so I think around $20M would cover it
    A couple cuts plus other salaries already being paid:

Champ=$9M
    Tamme or Dreessen = $3M
    WW is already getting $3M
    DRC = $1M
    Decker = $1.5M

That's $17.5M right there...pretty close to what they will get, imo.
    I dont disagree.

Kuper is probably a cap casualty as well which would save 4-5 million with one of the TE's, and Champ.

I do agree that none of them should cost more than the amount you listed.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Meanwhile, DRC is hurt and Decker just scored 4 tds when DT couldn't do anything most of the game.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    There is room, would probably have to backload the contracts, but they can keep all 3 but would have to really find a way to backload the contracts a little bit.
    I think all 3 are in the $5-7/year range...if that... so I think around $20M would cover it
    A couple cuts plus other salaries already being paid:

Champ=$9M
    Tamme or Dreessen = $3M
    WW is already getting $3M
    DRC = $1M
    Decker = $1.5M

That's $17.5M right there...pretty close to what they will get, imo.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    i would rather keep Woody and DRC. I just dont see room for all of them.
    There is room, would probably have to backload the contracts, but they can keep all 3 but would have to really find a way to backload the contracts a little bit.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeFaithful
    replied
    IMO it is easier to replace a wr than a cb. I would rather give Brady Decker than give them DRC. Thats jusy me.
    This isn't the most favorite opinion on these forums, but I'd rather have a drug free DJ Williams than Woodyard. And I disagree whole heartedly, it's so hard to come by reliable receivers. Decker broke BMarsh's TD record for the franchise today. We're lucky enough to have a great #1 and #2, I'd be pissed if that got dismantled.

That's not to say I don't want DRC, because I do. This has nothing to do with him other than Decker > DRC. Decker run blocks like a beast, gets separation, and despite all his dropped passes this year, he usually has great hands with a history to back up that statement. Decker means too much to this offense to give him up, and anyone who hates on him... I just don't understand it.

Leave a comment:

• FlowdaBroncoFan
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I don't see why they can't keep both. Neither is going to be a huge contract....

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    IMO it is easier to replace a wr than a cb. I would rather give Brady Decker than give them DRC. Thats jusy me.
    I don't see why they can't keep both. Neither is going to be a huge contract....

Leave a comment:

• FlowdaBroncoFan
    replied
    Originally posted by OrangeFaithful View Post
    There's no reason to not pay Decker big money, this guy has earned it. He has been a productive component to a high powered offense in receiving, blocking, and creating mismatches.

But there's another important reason to pay the man, if we don't, then Josh McDaniels is going to make sure the Pats do. If not the pats, then the chargers, or the raiders. I want to keep this guy in house, and we'll look pretty stupid if we don't. Especially considering he's said he wants to stay in Denver, which usually comes out to getting his contract on a discount.

No matter where he goes, Decker is only going to get better and produce even more, because there's a high chance he'll go to a quality team with a more-than-adequate QB.

Leave a comment:

• FlowdaBroncoFan
    replied
    Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Whats the point of having a player who seldomly sees the field because of his own stupidity?
    People change. See Brandon Marshall.

Leave a comment:

• dlewis76
    replied
    If I had to choose between the the two, I would say keep DRC. I would like to see both stay though.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeFaithful
    replied
    There's no reason to not pay Decker big money, this guy has earned it. He has been a productive component to a high powered offense in receiving, blocking, and creating mismatches.

But there's another important reason to pay the man, if we don't, then Josh McDaniels is going to make sure the Pats do. If not the pats, then the chargers, or the raiders. I want to keep this guy in house, and we'll look pretty stupid if we don't. Especially considering he's said he wants to stay in Denver, which usually comes out to getting his contract on a discount.

No matter where he goes, Decker is only going to get better and produce even more, because there's a high chance he'll go to a quality team with a more-than-adequate QB.
    Last edited by OrangeFaithful; 11-30-2013, 07:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ArchAngel
    replied
    I agree with Crash. Deck has had a lot of critical drops and his numbers dont show the entire story. He is having his worst year IMO. I would keep DRC way over Deck.

I would bet Blackmon comes cheaper from the Jags because his checkered past. I would prefer to get Blackmon, who isnt scared to go over the middle, and is better after the catch. Blackmon may not cost a lot when it comes to picks either. His salary number should be low due to rookie contract.
    Whats the point of having a player who seldomly sees the field because of his own stupidity?

Leave a comment:

• NachoJuice
    replied
    Haha I'd stay away from a guy who keeps getting suspended ... not smart to mess with the troubled past players, they tend to repeat themselves ...

Leave a comment:

• FlowdaBroncoFan
    replied
    I agree with Crash. Deck has had a lot of critical drops and his numbers dont show the entire story. He is having his worst year IMO. I would keep DRC way over Deck.

I would bet Blackmon comes cheaper from the Jags because his checkered past. I would prefer to get Blackmon, who isnt scared to go over the middle, and is better after the catch. Blackmon may not cost a lot when it comes to picks either. His salary number should be low due to rookie contract.

Leave a comment:

• NachoJuice
    replied
    I love Decker but sorry, this year Alshon Jeffrey is far and away the top #2 WR in the league, the dude is playing as well as almost any WR in the league with the backup qb and decker hasn't had a good game in a few weeks. I hope that changes this week against the chiefs!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X