Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julius Thomas is questionable?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Julius Thomas is questionable?

    Del Rio is usually quick to update all the significant injuries during press conferance. Why was Julius Thomas not mentioned? Hope he can play. Tammy and Thomas with crossing patterns = success

  • #2
    From what I've read his knee is pretty gimpy. Sounds like it's a day to day just on how he feels.

    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Man. thats too bad. better that he rests up now because we will need his physicality come playoffs

      Comment


      • #4
        I heard (not sure where, sorry) that he practiced and was expected to play... then they said "although he is questionable". I take it that he will play but I'm not taking responsibility if its wrong.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          He will be a game time decision. He traveled with the team, and will work out before the game. He will come out, likely early, and work out. If he is good to go then he will play.
          Last edited by Peanut; 11-29-2013, 11:43 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            I'd almost prefer he just rests ...let him get fully healthy

            Comment


            • #7
              If he is favoring his other leg still and risking further injury he should sit another week for the long haul. We will replace him with a Tamme, Dreesen, and Green combination. Honestly, after last weeks performance I came away very happy with Tamme's play. He was solid for us last year but in the game against the Pats he was physical on several occasions when the defender went to jam him. I have full confidence in him filling in for Julius if need be, he is very solid depth at the position and he looked hungry last week.

              However, I still to this day think that is the Achilles heel to this offense and the bothersome part is it that is a relatively easy fix in the grand scheme of things. Tamme did what you are suppose to do in a jam scenario, use your hands to combat the defender and generate separation so he cannot prevent your momentum off the line. Tamme rag-dolled the defender off the line on a few occasions and it was a thing of beauty. If teams are going to continue to press us at the line to disrupt Peyton's timing then the rest of the team has to figure out how to beat a damn jam. How on earth DT and Decker cannot continually do that with their size and athleticism boggles my mind. *Rant off*
              Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
              Supporting this staff!
              Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

              Comment


              • #8
                If he can play without further damaging his knee then he should play, he is by far our best TE.
                A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

                Comment


                • #9
                  However, I still to this day think that is the Achilles heel to this offense and the bothersome part is it that is a relatively easy fix in the grand scheme of things. Tamme did what you are suppose to do in a jam scenario, use your hands to combat the defender and generate separation so he cannot prevent your momentum off the line. Tamme rag-dolled the defender off the line on a few occasions and it was a thing of beauty. If teams are going to continue to press us at the line to disrupt Peyton's timing then the rest of the team has to figure out how to beat a damn jam. How on earth DT and Decker cannot continually do that with their size and athleticism boggles my mind. *Rant off*[/QUOTE]

                  Thats for sure. i always hear people talk about how big and strong DT and Decker are but it looks like they feel as though they should get a free break off the line(decker especially.) I have seen DT make some contested catches this year but he needs to be consistent. As for decker he needs to stop turning back to look at himself on the jumbo tron or a flag and fight for the ball. I have seen him on multiple occasions whining for a flag on balls that he is capable of catching. These guys need to step up GO BRONCOS!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I hope he takes another week to rest up, and get as much time as needed to return to near 100% as possible. Same with Moreno, hope his load is light this week (minus protection).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This game is to important to just rest players just for the sake of resting. If he can play, he should play. We need this game to give us a leg up in the division and stay a game over NE. We may very well have to play these guys again and if so, we would be better off to do it in the friendly confines of Mile High. The rest of the season the schedule eases up and we can more afford to let a player or two rest up. A loss tomorrow could mean the difference between HFA or going in as a wild card.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                        This game is to important to just rest players just for the sake of resting. If he can play, he should play. We need this game to give us a leg up in the division and stay a game over NE. We may very well have to play these guys again and if so, we would be better off to do it in the friendly confines of Mile High. The rest of the season the schedule eases up and we can more afford to let a player or two rest up. A loss tomorrow could mean the difference between HFA or going in as a wild card.
                        JT doesn't "make or break" the offense, especially with Tamme being able to step up like he can, it's not nearly as "crucial or a must have". A sprained knee is not a "no biggy" injury for a TE (or any player), so take the time needed to get near 100% and rest up. Luckily, the coaching staff gets the final say and understands this.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by PFM2013 View Post
                          JT doesn't "make or break" the offense, especially with Tamme being able to step up like he can, it's not nearly as "crucial or a must have". A sprained knee is not a "no biggy" injury for a TE (or any player), so take the time needed to get near 100% and rest up. Luckily, the coaching staff gets the final say and understands this.
                          actually he does. Tamme is no where near as athletic as Thomas. Even the SNF crew said if Thomas ws playing, NE would not have had an answer.

                          Don't under value Thomas on this team. He has been a major part of this offenses success

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                            actually he does. Tamme is no where near as athletic as Thomas. Even the SNF crew said if Thomas ws playing, NE would not have had an answer.

                            Don't under value Thomas on this team. He has been a major part of this offenses success
                            I think you misunderstood my post (or I wrote it out bad, for that I apologize), by no means am I trying to downgrade JT's importance (cause he's a beast), but I don't think him playing this Sunday is a "must have" by any means considering the injury. I never compared the two, I simply said Tamme fills the TE role quite nicely as a back-up, where most teams don't have that capacity. =)

                            Edit: I know he exponentially helps this offense compared to the other TE's we have, but I don't think the offense slows down enough without him that is hampers their ability to win.
                            Last edited by PFM2013; 11-30-2013, 02:03 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I just hope these Injuries end very soon (Now).

                              We have had the worse luck this year
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X