Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The only real problem with Manning is his ankles. Before the ankle injuries no one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RandomVariable View Post
    Manning had like 50-60 yards in the first half compared to Brady's 70. In OT neither QB did much but Brady had 35 yards vs Manning's 16 and Brady had a better yards per attempt. We all know who dominated the 3rd.

Manning didn't dominate anything that game other than those gloves he kept yanking on.
    This is a very accurate statement
    KENTUCKY WILDCATS/DENVER BRONCOS

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
      Manning didn't really do much in the 1st. It was all on the defense and short fields. Same for the 2nd really. Look at the game stats and numbers. It was really lopsided.

Overtime? All we did was screw up a major special teams play that would have allowed us to at least escape with a tie rather than a loss.

EDIT: Remove Knowhon from those stats and we would have been totally embarrassed.
      Why would one do that? If so, wouldn't those plays have been replaced with something else? I see no logic in this statement.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        Why would one do that? If so, wouldn't those plays have been replaced with something else? I see no logic in this statement.
        It's the same basis that the haters kept throwing out in the Ravens playoff games saying the offense was spotted 14 points by the special teams. They make it seem that the offense would trot Colquitt out there and just punt on 1st down.

Truth be told, 2 long offensive scoring drives might serve the team better than a punt/ko return.

There isn't a lot of logic around here lately.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          Originally posted by allthings18 View Post
          It's the same basis that the haters kept throwing out in the Ravens playoff games saying the offense was spotted 14 points by the special teams. They make it seem that the offense would trot Colquitt out there and just punt on 1st down.

Truth be told, 2 long offensive scoring drives might serve the team better than a punt/ko return.

There isn't a lot of logic around here lately.
          No logic in the statement?

Truth be told via the "Manning vs Brady" argument.... Or as I prefer "Broncos vs Patriots"

We SUCKED in the passing game. Plain and simple.

17 of our points were scored because of ST or Defense right off the bat and that was before Manning even actually threw a pass?. It wasn't because we had "scoring drives". Then we go up 24-0 this game was in the bag.

But NO!

NOTHING happened in the third quarter and then we scraped out a tying TD to force OT.

No logic with my point? I think the logic is lost in what? Blaming the refs? Ignoring the fact our offense didn't do much at ALL in that game?

I'm a realist. Not a hater and that game was ours at halftime. Shall I ask again? 24-0 at halftime, yet we failed to defend that lead nor come out with a victory? Knowshon Moreno as you quoted is the only reason why we stayed competitive in the game. NOT because of our awesome Peyton and 4 receiving targets making news.

edit: Knowshon was the ONLY highlight on offense. If he didn't run the way he did, Yeah..would have embarrassed.
          Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 11-30-2013, 05:53 PM.
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

The score also became 21-14 before Manning threw a pass in the 2nd half. And the Broncos were really the only team that had a chance to win in OT. They came within a couple yards of winning multiple times (that Decker PI likely wiped out a victory), whereas New England couldn't really do anything except catch a lucky break at the end.

Comment

Truth be told via the "Manning vs Brady" argument.... Or as I prefer "Broncos vs Patriots"

17 of our points were scored because of ST or Defense right off the bat and that was before Manning even actually threw a pass?. It wasn't because we had "scoring drives". Then we go up 24-0 this game was in the bag.

But NO!

NOTHING happened in the third quarter and then we scraped out a tying TD to force OT.

No logic with my point? I think the logic is lost in what? Blaming the refs? Ignoring the fact our offense didn't do much at ALL in that game?

I'm a realist. Not a hater and that game was ours at halftime. Shall I ask again? 24-0 at halftime, yet we failed to defend that lead nor come out with a victory? Knowshon Moreno as you quoted is the only reason why we stayed competitive in the game. NOT because of our awesome Peyton and 4 receiving targets making news.

edit: Knowshon was the ONLY highlight on offense. If he didn't run the way he did, Yeah..would have embarrassed.
              Head in the sand much? Yelling out your points doesn't make them accurate or truthful.

Knowshown had an amazing game. No doubt. But it's partly due to belichick and the patriots scheming to stop the pass. If they stacked the box...do you think Moreno gets that many yards? No...and by that virtue...manning passes more, and has easier windows to throw at due to less cbs in coverage. It's not that hard to grasp this simple concept. You are using elementary logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookenbauer View Post
                Knowshown had an amazing game. No doubt. But it's partly due to belichick and the patriots scheming to stop the pass. If they stacked the box...do you think Moreno gets that many yards? No...and by that virtue...manning passes more, and has easier windows to throw at due to less cbs in coverage. It's not that hard to grasp this simple concept. You are using elementary logic.
                ^ All of this ^

Amazing how many people cannot grasp this at all, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookenbauer View Post
                  Head in the sand much? Yelling out your points doesn't make them accurate or truthful.

"Belicheck scheming to stop the pass"...

They were missing their best coverage linebacker, they had 4 injured DBs, and 2/3 of their linebackers would struggle to run a 5 flat 40 yard dash. This is a team, a defense, that should be giving up thirty to forty points each and every single week of the season.

If they stacked the box, and they did if you would go back and watch, they still wouldn't and didn't stop us. Somewhere during the 2nd quarter the Patriots starting playing with 3 defensive tackles on the field at the same time as opposed to the 2 they started with.

Here is some simple elementary logic: Our defense made huge plays throughout the first half and throughout overtime to give us a chance to win. Manning didn't do anything while Moreno played his heart out for this team. It isn't the receivers fault. Don't blame Wes for the drop, Manning shouldn't have thrown him the ball anyway... He should of gone for the first down.

Manning needs to be held accountable for his play, I'm tired of the "its never Mannings fault when we lose" brigade. He needs to play better and if he doesn't learn how to play in the cold he's never going to win another ring.
                  Denver Broncos GM
                  Originally posted by Mosk
                  Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post

They were missing their best coverage linebacker, they had 4 injured DBs, and 2/3 of their linebackers would struggle to run a 5 flat 40 yard dash. This is a team, a defense, that should be giving up thirty to forty points each and every single week of the season.

If they stacked the box, and they did if you would go back and watch, they still wouldn't and didn't stop us. Somewhere during the 2nd quarter the Patriots starting playing with 3 defensive tackles on the field at the same time as opposed to the 2 they started with.

Here is some simple elementary logic: Our defense made huge plays throughout the first half and throughout overtime to give us a chance to win. Manning didn't do anything while Moreno played his heart out for this team. It isn't the receivers fault. Don't blame Wes for the drop, Manning shouldn't have thrown him the ball anyway... He should of gone for the first down.

Manning needs to be held accountable for his play, I'm tired of the "its never Mannings fault when we lose" brigade. He needs to play better and if he doesn't learn how to play in the cold he's never going to win another ring.
                    Not even sure which part has more holes in it....but thanks for the laugh nonetheless.

Comment

Manning didn't really do much in the 1st. It was all on the defense and short fields. Same for the 2nd really. Look at the game stats and numbers. It was really lopsided.

Overtime? All we did was screw up a major special teams play that would have allowed us to at least escape with a tie rather than a loss.

EDIT: Remove Knowhon from those stats and we would have been totally embarrassed.
                      For one, there's no logic removing Knowshon from the stats. He did play in the game, after all.

Second, the Broncos were within about 8 yards of attempting a game-winning field goal. CJ's drop, a penalty on the drive before, Welker's drop, etc., all stopped the progress. The Patriots, meanwhile, did nothing except accidentally get a gift on a muffed punt. They didn't even force the fumble.

Manning only had 150 yards because Denver ran for 280. Also, Manning didn't have to do much in the first half, thus he only had about 60 yards. He still didn't have to do much in the second half, and were it not for some stupid fumbles, New England never gets close.

Brady had to start slinging it while down 24 points. He threw it 50 times. Go figure, based on the previous paragraph and this one, his numbers were bigger.

Manning did have faults, but New England managed to play the receivers really tight. They were virtually never open, and they dropped some big passes. Brady's guys were wide open in the 2nd half. Manning would have made those throws too.

The people who don't understand what happened in that game are the ones talking about Brady vs. Manning. Those two guys actually had very little to do with the outcome at all.

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post

lol...Clearly you have no part in this discussion.

Comment

I don't think he retires, a couple more seasons like this one, stats wise, he is over 70k passing yards. And I think he would like to have that record!

Comment

But NO!

The Denver Broncos forum. The only place you find fans complaining about a damn near record breaking season by their QB.

Send Peyton over this way if you're that ungrateful. It would be hilarious seeing you guys play with Brock Osweiler. If you can't keep Peyton Manning, arguably the most decisive decision maker ever protected, then you have MAJOR issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetfan9922 View Post
                            The Denver Broncos forum. The only place you find fans complaining about a damn near record breaking season by their QB.

Send Peyton over this way if you're that ungrateful. It would be hilarious seeing you guys play with Brock Osweiler. If you can't keep Peyton Manning, arguably the most decisive decision maker ever protected, then you have MAJOR issues.
                            I don't get all the complaining lately, either. I joined this forum after reading it for a year and a half. Thought it would be a good idea to mix and mingle with the other Broncos fans. But lately I've wondered if I even belong in this place. I can't stand all the complaining, complaining, complaining.

If anyone wants something to complain about, try giving it a go at Saban's decision last night to try for the 57-yarder to end the game. Now that's probably something worth complaining about.

Comment

We have a Great QB (And John Elway is going to help make him the greatest of all-time) and a very good team! This is our best shot in many years! Lets all have positve energy towards our team and go all the way ! Lets get on a winning streak soon and it will all work out fine!

Comment

Originally posted by itswutz4dinna View Post
                                The score also became 21-14 before Manning threw a pass in the 2nd half.
                                Not quite - I think you mean 24-14. It was 24-0 at the half.

Comment

Working...
                                X