Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The only real problem with Manning is his ankles. Before the ankle injuries no one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PFM2013 View Post
    Not even sure which part has more holes in it....but thanks for the laugh nonetheless.
    I wouldn't have been able to come up with a real response either.
    Denver Broncos GM
    Originally posted by Mosk
    Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
      You claimed that you were tired of people not blaming manning...but then go on the complete opposite end of the spectrum and completely blame manning. You had nothing in your incoherent rant worthy of response

Comment

lol...Yeah, that was it.

It didn't warrant a "real" response. If anyone from another forum came in and read what you wrote, that post would have been one of the last I'd ever want them to see. Just embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookenbauer View Post
          You claimed that you were tired of people not blaming manning...but then go on the complete opposite end of the spectrum and completely blame manning. You had nothing in your incoherent rant worthy of response
          I completely blame Peyton because he took the week off in one of the most important weeks of the season and everybody around here immediately blames his receivers or the pass defense. He gets all the credit when we win he deserves the credit for both of our losses this season. He was awful against the Colts and Pats. Not awful for Peyton Manning, awful by any QB's standards.

Bottomline, Peyton should have won that game. He didn't, he continues to live up "the can't play in the cold" and "can't win the big game"... which is an issue when I want him to both win in the playoffs and win in Denver in the cold.
          Denver Broncos GM
          Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

I completely blame Peyton because he took the week off in one of the most important weeks of the season and everybody around here immediately blames his receivers or the pass defense. He gets all the credit when we win he deserves the credit for both of our losses this season. He was awful against the Colts and Pats. Not awful for Peyton Manning, awful by any QB's standards.

Bottomline, Peyton should have won that game. He didn't, he continues to live up "the can't play in the cold" and "can't win the big game"... which is an issue when I want him to both win in the playoffs and win in Denver in the cold.
            Clearly it's past your bedtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookenbauer View Post
              Clearly it's past your bedtime.
              condescending jokes, cool. *ignore list*
              Denver Broncos GM

Comment

Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
                I sort of get the feeling he's going to retire after this season too. He looks so beat up out there.
                It reminds me a lot of Farve that last season. He just took such a beating that it was time to hang it up. I fear Manning is nearing that point. Hope I'm wrong but it just feels like that's coming.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                  No logic in the statement?

Truth be told via the "Manning vs Brady" argument.... Or as I prefer "Broncos vs Patriots"

We SUCKED in the passing game. Plain and simple.

17 of our points were scored because of ST or Defense right off the bat and that was before Manning even actually threw a pass?. It wasn't because we had "scoring drives". Then we go up 24-0 this game was in the bag.

But NO!

NOTHING happened in the third quarter and then we scraped out a tying TD to force OT.

No logic with my point? I think the logic is lost in what? Blaming the refs? Ignoring the fact our offense didn't do much at ALL in that game?

I'm a realist. Not a hater and that game was ours at halftime. Shall I ask again? 24-0 at halftime, yet we failed to defend that lead nor come out with a victory? Knowshon Moreno as you quoted is the only reason why we stayed competitive in the game. NOT because of our awesome Peyton and 4 receiving targets making news.

edit: Knowshon was the ONLY highlight on offense. If he didn't run the way he did, Yeah..would have embarrassed.
                  You don't know that... this is pure speculation. You take out the run game we'd have been forced to pass. You can't say with 100 percent certainty that we wouldn't have got something going. We passed well at times when tried but we really didn't try. It's like we got a big lead and decided to be content running the ball instead of trying to pile on and take the game out of reach.

I really think we COULD have passed the ball but decided we didn't need to ( a bad choice IMO.)
                  sigpic

Comment

Peyton has No Arm Strength, Throws Nothing but Wounded Ducks...

...will this game finally put that to rest?

When Peyton needs to, he can beat you deep. He prefers shorter, high percentage passes, but when he has to put it in the end zone, he can. He may not have Matt Stafford arm strength, but he isn't the noodle-armed grandpa he's been painted out to be.

Go Broncos.

Comment

I think his ankles last week were worse than we were led to believe. I don't think he was planting solidly and getting the push from them, making all the passes in NE strictly arm passes instead of 'body' passes. Nope he doesn't have an Elway rocket.... 60 yards across the field no more than 10 feet off the ground ...... but then again I don't think we will ever see an arm like Elway's in the NFL again. Those long balls from PM yesterday were pretty passes. I think Peyton has the best of my two fav Broncos QB's ..... Desire to win Ala Elway,,, And precision passing Ala Craig Morton. ( Morton I still think was the best pure passer I have ever seen play (and the most painful to watch trying to run with his knees bending the wrong way ))

Comment

I loved Craigs long ball, for a guy as beat up as he was, he could still fling that ball. Too bad Denvers offense was stone aged even for back then.

Comment

His arm strength is weak, the bigger issue is the fact that the ball comes out of his hand different every time. Sometimes he spirals the ball other times he throws it end over end. It he was consistent with his spiral, no one would complain with his arm strength.
                          I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
                          I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
                          I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
                          "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
                          God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
                          Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

He threw some ducks yesterday. The second interception was about the worst pass I've ever seen him throw. Hopefully it's just a byproduct of his ankles and it'll get better.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Peyton can definitely still throw the ball down field, but it should be noted that his ability to throw the long ball is only reliable when he can plant his feet and step into the throw. His second interception yesterday was in part to him throwing the ball off his back foot I believe. But more important than his arm strength to me was his incredible accuracy on pretty much every long ball he threw to Decker and the long pass to DT. Not only did those passes hit them in stride, they didn't have to adjust their routes at all to meet the ball. Peyton definitely still has an NFL arm to throw the ball with.

Comment

I think he's beginning to get a Brett Farve mentality. yeah I might not always be able to make that throw but I'm at least going to try
                                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                                X